And the Heisman goes to........... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the Heisman goes to...........

DonShula84 said:
I really think this is overplayed, especially now. In the past maybe you'd have a case. Just look at the polls, we have a bye week and drop, we win a close game we drop. Other teams had a bye and moved up, lost close games and moved up. There isnt much evidence that ND is the darling of the press and gets a pass. Just watch Mark May slam ND every night. I mean the press has all but given Smith the Heisman and the winner of OSU v Michigan the national title.

??Ummmm its not like the winner wouldnt be VERY deserving...I mean they are the #1 and #2 teams in the BCS??

DBoston80 said:
??Ummmm its not like the winner wouldnt be VERY deserving...I mean they are the #1 and #2 teams in the BCS??

It's a little early to hand the award to either team though. Especially when they still have to play another very good team in the bowl game. Ignore that though, lets just crown the winner.

DonShula84 said:
It's a little early to hand the award to either team though. Especially when they still have to play another very good team in the bowl game. Ignore that though, lets just crown the winner.

I dont remember hearing anyone defenitively saying OSU or Michigan will win the National title....you just hear that the winner will be playing in Tempe...and thats very likely if you look at both teams schedule...I will say this..If we beat Michigan it would be hard for me to fear any other team in the nation...I mean anything can happen in a football game but If we beat the #2 team in the countrty..why fear whoever was 3 or 4 the prior to that?

Majpain said:
Is OSU better than last years team???

IMO, the talent pool has panned out this season in college football in general. There's no one ultimate dominant team in my mind. Not like last season, or in seasons past.

I really feel that this years OSU would lose to last seasons Texas, USC, and even probably to last seasons OSU.

Majpain said:

I think your offense is the same offense we saw in the Fiesta Bowl last year and your defense probably isnt as good though that doesnt mean it is bad by any means.

Majpain said:

The offense is better because mostly everyone gain valuable experience playin last year. And the fact that we started the season with one quarterback and didnt have to switch during the season.

The defense is not quite of good as last years but the offense is scoring so many points, the defense just needs to play smart. And since the offense scores early and quickly, the other teams have to pass alot more letting more defensive players drop back into coverage.

The speicial teams are good but havent been tested really all season. On punt returns, the teams try to kick the ball out of bounds and away from Ginn. We havent had to have the kicker make a clutch field to win the game, so we dont know if he is cool under pressure. But the punter is outstanding, the few times we have to punt.

So overall, I would say we are just as good as last year if not a little better. But when it comes down to it all, records will determine the better team and this years team has the advantage. IMO.

DBoston80 said:
I dont remember hearing anyone defenitively saying OSU or Michigan will win the National title....you just hear that the winner will be playing in Tempe...and thats very likely if you look at both teams schedule...I will say this..If we beat Michigan it would be hard for me to fear any other team in the nation...I mean anything can happen in a football game but If we beat the #2 team in the countrty..why fear whoever was 3 or 4 the prior to that?

I hear that every single day in my neck of the woods.

HysterikiLL said:
IMO, the talent pool has panned out this season in college football in general. There's no one ultimate dominant team in my mind. Not like last season, or in seasons past.

I really feel that this years OSU would lose to last seasons Texas, USC, and even probably to last seasons OSU.

...I dont think so...If we beat Michigan and then go on to win the national title...that would mean we beat 3 teams that were ranked no.2 before we beat them, I doubt that has EVER been done...

..and this years team beats Texas in the shoe...we still had a very good chance to win that game with backup J.Zwick playing the majority of the game..but hey TE's drop balls sometimes..

DBoston80 said:
...I dont think so...If we beat Michigan and then go on to win the national title...that would mean we beat 3 teams that were ranked no.2 before we beat them, I doubt that has EVER been done...

..and this years team beats Texas in the shoe...we still had a very good chance to win that game with backup J.Zwick playing the majority of the game..but hey TE's drop balls sometimes..

I wouldn't exactly be calling Zwick a backup, as an attempt to slight him. He was a top recruit when he signed at OSU, and if given more opportunity could've shown he's a hell of a player.

Frisches13283 said:
I wouldn't exactly be calling Zwick a backup, as an attempt to slight him. He was a top recruit when he signed at OSU, and if given more opportunity could've shown he's a hell of a player.

Who knows how he might have turned out.....All I know for sure is that he is no Troy Smith...but your right he still throws the GW TD pass if Hanby hangs on to the football.

T.Smith will take the HM easily. I dont even see anyone near him. He's my #1 qb coming out of college this year too.

primetime23 said:
T.Smith will take the HM easily. I dont even see anyone near him. He's my #1 qb coming out of college this year too.

I'm glad you aren't GM for any of the teams I like.

Back
Top Bottom