And the Heisman goes to........... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the Heisman goes to...........

AirFishOne said:
it was more than that...it takes alot of guts to maek those throws...he had good awarness and managed the clock well...everyone has thier bad game liek troy smith against penn st...more INTs than TDs yet he still stayed the frontrunner...weird..
you fail to mention that the 2 ints. in the Penn State game are his ONLY 2 through 8 games versus 21 TD's

Frisches13283 said:
Stats don't tell the whole story. You have to figure in the recievers ability to seperate and hold on to the ball, the offensive system they are running, time in the pocket, play calling everything.

So, Garret Wolfe is a better running back than Adrian Peterson, simply because he has a better average?
Didn't say it meant all that much. Just a little support for Smith's accuracy whereas the guy who said Quinn is more accurate has no support??

LtDan said:
Didn't say it meant all that much. Just a little support for Smith's accuracy whereas the guy who said Quinn is more accurate has no support??

Ok, I'm sorry for reading too much into your post. However, to suggest Smith is a more accurate passer simply because of a higher completion rate is a fallacy.

Frisches13283 said:
Ok, I'm sorry for reading too much into your post. However, to suggest Smith is a more accurate passer simply because of a higher completion rate is a fallacy.

...we have nothing to prove every category Troy is better in..even when they played eachother Troy played better and won....bottom line who really knows who's better?? But there is no evidence other than opinion that suggests Brady is better than Troy..none whatsoever.

DBoston80 said:
...we have nothing to prove every category Troy is better in..even when they played eachother Troy played better and won....bottom line who really knows who's better?? But there is no evidence other than opinion that suggests Brady is better than Troy..none whatsoever.

They never played each other. The teams that each of them quarterback for played each other. And the 2005 ND defense was nothing compared to the 2005 OSU defense. How many players from that OSU defense got drafted, or are on someones roster? 9 I think. What about ND's? Maybe 3?

And the evidence that Quinn is a better prospect than Smith is on the film, not the statsheet.

DBoston80 said:

Brady Quinn has more passing yards, it's a category :) Smith also has 3 more TD's and has played 1 more game then Quinn. So you saying he is better in every category not only isnt true, but it's misleading because he's had more games to do it in.

When I was looking at the stats I saw something interesting. Quinn spreads the ball to his WR a lot better than Smith. OSU only has 2 players with over 30 receptions, ND has 4. Smith relies on two very good WR and hardly ever has to check down or throw to a TE.

DonShula84 said:
Brady Quinn has more passing yards, it's a category :) Smith also has 3 more TD's and has played 1 more game then Quinn. So you saying he is better in every category not only isnt true, but it's misleading because he's had more games to do it in.

When I was looking at the stats I saw something interesting. Quinn spreads the ball to his WR a lot better than Smith. OSU only has 2 players with over 30 receptions, ND has 4. Smith relies on two very good WR and hardly ever has to check down or throw to a TE.
But Don, Brady also has more attempts and completions so this is yet another jaded argument. Troy has completed passes to 13 different receivers compared to 9 for Quinn. We just need to agree they are both great college QB's and time will tell on who will be the best pro

LtDan said:
But Don, Brady also has more attempts and completions so this is yet another jaded argument. Troy has completed passes to 13 different receivers compared to 9 for Quinn. We just need to agree they are both great college QB's and time will tell on who will be the best pro

I definitely think both are very good QBs, I've said that since the Fiesta Bowl. But Quinn doesnt get the respect he deserves on this site so I'm forced to argue on his behalf :D

Slappy8800 said:
if its not troy smith i call shenanigans

Lets say Smith goes out against Michigan throw 4 picks and his team gets destroyed. Quinn then goes a week later and dominates USC. 350+ yards 3 TDs maybe a game winning drive. You still think Smith losing would be shenanigans? Although Lee Corso wants to hand Smith the trophey now, I think we should maybe finish the season.

Back
Top Bottom