And we skip Center AGAIN | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And we skip Center AGAIN

They signed Connor Williams, who aside from some snapping issues was a very good center. After he fell apart they signed Aaron Brewer who looks to be a scheme fit. Just because your opinion doesn’t line up with front office’s doesn’t mean they haven’t done anything. They obviously think he’s a fit, so why would they burn their first round pick on a non premium position that they have already addressed?
what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

Wait, so because you think he's trash (and clearly they don't or else they wouldn't have given him $21M) you are disappointed that they didn't agree with you and go and draft a center in the first round?

Some people...
Grier could have taken Creed Humphrey, an absolute lock to be a pro bowl center. And I won't forgive that.

Because our QB, who had already faced a career ending injury, was subjected to 3 concussions, one which looked like it resulted in a ****ing seizure.

In case you don't remember, 2022 was HISTORICALLY BAD - we had THREE of the TOP 5 WORST RATED OL players in the league at one point on our starting OL.

You guys forget so easy because our OL was covered up last year by Tua getting the ball out in 2.5 seconds on every snap.

Just wait.

When we signed Brewer, our chances of drafting a C early left town.

That being said, I REALLY wanted to draft Creed Humphrey a few years ago. But instead, we moved up to draft Eichenberg.

Ugh.

1)I fully expect Brewer to be a very good center in the system.

2)Centers always get pushed down as do guards in the draft

3)There are still some very good centers on the board if you really want a center.

4)I like Graham Barton, I do not think center is his best position

I thought we signed a young starting center from the Titans. That could be why we didn’t draft one

Grier could have taken Creed Humphrey, an absolute lock to be a pro bowl center. And I won't forgive that.

Because our QB, who had already faced a career ending injury, was subjected to 3 concussions, one which looked like it resulted in a ****ing seizure.

In case you don't remember, 2022 was HISTORICALLY BAD - we had THREE of the TOP 5 WORST RATED OL players in the league at one point on our starting OL.

You guys forget so easy because our OL was covered up last year by Tua getting the ball out in 2.5 seconds on every snap.

Just wait.
I didn’t forget that at all, I’ve been advocating beefing up the interior OL all offseason as it’s what caused Miami’s season to tank when Williams and Hunt went down but the 21st pick isn’t it.

If you hit on a premium position you are saving more salary cap than hitting on an interior OL.

I’ll be at the front of the mob waving my pitchfork if they don’t try and help the interior OL in the draft.

Connor Williams was a good pickup until his injuries took their toll. You can't legislate for that. Signed Brewer. If he's solid I will be happy. With limited draft picks this year the FO has to make sure its a needs must draft based on missing pieces and no luxury picks. Centre isn't a priority.

And hes absolute trash.
Yes he is. "Brewer leads the league in pressures allowed by a center and is second in sacks allowed. That doesn’t even take into account the issue he has had with bad shotgun snaps at times."
A former UDFA from a small school that the Titans had no interest in resigning. But he fits our scheme so it will be fine LOL. Greir is a joke.

Grier could have taken Creed Humphrey,
This is the one big draft beef I have had with Grier.

Trading up for Eich was a mistake.

Now he did not know for sure Humphrey would get to Miami he obviously thought Eich wouldn't have.

But wasting a 3rd to get Eich instead of ending up with Humphrey was by far his poorest call as the true GM draftwise.

Back
Top Bottom