And we skip Center AGAIN | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And we skip Center AGAIN

Looking like we are going to skip Center for the 5th year in a row. I count from 2020 because that is when we decided to draft "our QB of the future."

2020 - Cesar Ruiz, Michael Biadasz
2021 - Landon Dickerson, Creed Humphrey
2022 - Tyler Linderbaum, Luke Fortner
2023 - Joe Tippman

4 are likely to be ALL PRO's for years and ranked in Top-10
3 of them are on the best offenses in the league.
Some of these players we passed on.
Some of these players required a small trade.
The only one that was really never a possibility was Linderbaum. But if there is a will there is a way...

The point - is that we never prioritized this position. Arguably the most important position on the OL. The guy who touches the ball as much as the QB, who has to make reads, and who has to take on double teams more than anyone else.

I don't think its a coincidence that the best NFL offenses today have 3 of these players listed above.

We had the chance to grab the best center in this draft. When will we learn? I highly doubt Grier trades up for JPJ or takes Van Pran...

We got ourselves one of the worst rated centers in the NFL instead. AWESOME!!!
Bingo!

And hes absolute trash.
Star Trek GIF

Yes he is. "Brewer leads the league in pressures allowed by a center and is second in sacks allowed. That doesn’t even take into account the issue he has had with bad shotgun snaps at times."
A former UDFA from a small school that the Titans had no interest in resigning. But he fits our scheme so it will be fine LOL. Greir is a joke.
We beat this topic up a couple of times already, but you are right on point!

Grier could have taken Creed Humphrey, an absolute lock to be a pro bowl center. And I won't forgive that.

Because our QB, who had already faced a career ending injury, was subjected to 3 concussions, one which looked like it resulted in a ****ing seizure.

In case you don't remember, 2022 was HISTORICALLY BAD - we had THREE of the TOP 5 WORST RATED OL players in the league at one point on our starting OL.

You guys forget so easy because our OL was covered up last year by Tua getting the ball out in 2.5 seconds on every snap.

Just wait.
stripes lighten GIF

Jesus Christ, the draft is one round in ffs

And hes absolute trash.
I'd like to know why you think hes trash? He's an excellent scheme fit. And before you tell me about some sack numbers, remember who was behind him. Mr Statue (tannehill).

We have only gone through 1 round, some of the guys you named werent even drafted in round 1.

Cesar Ruiz, Michael Biadasz, and Luke Fortner arent the best examples when talking Pro Bowl caliber either.

I'd like to know why you think hes trash? He's an excellent scheme fit. And before you tell me about some sack numbers, remember who was behind him. Mr Statue (tannehill).

We have only gone through 1 round, some of the guys you named werent even drafted in round 1.
Haha yeah. Let's look at our potential Oline.

Armstead, Williams (if he's back), Tanny's Center, Risner/Jones, Aj.

Of course we need depth here so look for it in the coming picks/trades. I expect we will see one soon.

Haha yeah. Let's look at our potential Oline.

Armstead, Williams (if he's back), Tanny's Center, Risner/Jones, Aj.

Of course we need depth here so look for it in the coming picks/trades. I expect we will see one soon.
Yes we need depth, and even a starter, but to say the draft is ruined over the first pick is nonsense.

Chop is going to make you eat your words, Bro. One thing about him is that he is a closer like Cam Wake when the game is on the line he causes all kinds of problems for the opposing offense.
We need guys who still play hard when the game tank is on E! We need closers on defense!! When guys make plays others follow watch the Micihgican game he misses the sack but makes
QBs throw errant passes that lead to tip balls or picks. That is his game causes disruption and when QBs are uncomfortable in the pocket their whole game drops off. He and Phillips together are going to be awesome!

Cesar Ruiz, Michael Biadasz, and Luke Fortner arent the best examples when talking Pro Bowl caliber either.
Pressures matter. Sacks matter. It’s a roll of the dice. You all like to sound like you have a high football IQ. Scheme fit is a bonus. It should never be the primary factor when evaluating players.

There will be massive regression this year. We know that. We lost our 2 best OL. I say that because our LT can only see the field half a season. And our RT, Tua’s actual blindside will be Who?

We shouldn’t be trying to “patch up” this OL if we’re going to spend 50 million / year on our QB - we should be protecting him for YEARS to come. And to someone’s point - you don’t have to overspend on center. So you reap that much more reward from developing one in-house. They aren’t gonna go off and command a QB salary. They will be with you for their career.

When Tua can’t throw the ball because our speedy WRs don’t have time to separate and everything goes to absolute ****…remember this “trash thread.” You can add Barton to the list of players we would be much better off with if we had.

Back
Top Bottom