And we skip Center AGAIN | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And we skip Center AGAIN

To be clear - I’m not saying that the draft is over. Yet. If we DO draft JPJ or Van Pran I will concede defeat.

But I don’t think Grier drafts a center. He just simply doesn’t do it. And that’s why I’m complaining.

And so we will get some mediocre players on the OL to build with in the years to come. More projects. Never actually plugging away a hole permanently.

Case in point - passing on Humphrey, a sure bet Pro Bowler at center - for a “serviceable” player in Eichenberg who could be moved around. Everyone - everyone knew Creed would be an elite center. But the other positions on the OL are “more valuable” right? 🤣
You would probably find some peace of mind if you look into why Grier doesn't believe in spending first-round picks on certain positions. The reasons are out there if you pay attention, but coming in here and crying like you did when you never were around during the regular season is NOT a good look for anybody

Being top 10, or even top 5 =/= ALL PRO.

Maybe you go off of Madden ratings, but I see Dickerson, Humphrey, and Linderbaum as above average in the direction of top 10. Ruiz and TYLER Biadasz are scrubs (50s-60s pff). Fortner had a 44 PFF score. Tippmann had a half season-ish due to injury but finished in the low 60s for pff.

Aaron Brewer pff is 71.

Granted, the scores mean only slightly more than Madden ratings.
Ruiz seldom plays center. Erik McCoy is the Saints center and Ruiz their RG. He moves over when McCoy is out which is very seldom.

Post snap we had a top 3 center before injuries decimated him. And we can resign him if he’s back

going on the assumption that our new DC likes running out three safeties from time to time, we will need more than just two more safeties. I see us drafting one, signing a veteran after June 1, and hoping a udfa can make the team as a usable practice squad player.

Absolutely. I’m hoping we keep Holland (obviously) and find a way to sign a couple more.

Would not be unhappy with one at 55

Maybe I have missed something.....we missed center again. Here I thought we signed a center and may still bring back an injured Connor Williams at some point.....

Oh well, let's go and get a center to win faceoffs

Looking like we are going to skip Center for the 5th year in a row. I count from 2020 because that is when we decided to draft "our QB of the future."

2020 - Cesar Ruiz, Michael Biadasz
2021 - Landon Dickerson, Creed Humphrey
2022 - Tyler Linderbaum, Luke Fortner
2023 - Joe Tippman

4 are likely to be ALL PRO's for years and ranked in Top-10
3 of them are on the best offenses in the league.
Some of these players we passed on.
Some of these players required a small trade.
The only one that was really never a possibility was Linderbaum. But if there is a will there is a way...

The point - is that we never prioritized this position. Arguably the most important position on the OL. The guy who touches the ball as much as the QB, who has to make reads, and who has to take on double teams more than anyone else.

I don't think its a coincidence that the best NFL offenses today have 3 of these players listed above.

We had the chance to grab the best center in this draft. When will we learn? I highly doubt Grier trades up for JPJ or takes Van Pran...

We got ourselves one of the worst rated centers in the NFL instead. AWESOME!!!
I agree with you and I wanted 5 of the guys you mentioned but we have a center.

I'm more concerned about a part time LT and losing a Guard.

Back
Top Bottom