And we skip Center AGAIN | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And we skip Center AGAIN

Looking like we are going to skip Center for the 5th year in a row. I count from 2020 because that is when we decided to draft "our QB of the future."

2020 - Cesar Ruiz, Michael Biadasz
2021 - Landon Dickerson, Creed Humphrey
2022 - Tyler Linderbaum, Luke Fortner
2023 - Joe Tippman

4 are likely to be ALL PRO's for years and ranked in Top-10
3 of them are on the best offenses in the league.
Some of these players we passed on.
Some of these players required a small trade.
The only one that was really never a possibility was Linderbaum. But if there is a will there is a way...

The point - is that we never prioritized this position. Arguably the most important position on the OL. The guy who touches the ball as much as the QB, who has to make reads, and who has to take on double teams more than anyone else.

I don't think its a coincidence that the best NFL offenses today have 3 of these players listed above.

We had the chance to grab the best center in this draft. When will we learn? I highly doubt Grier trades up for JPJ or takes Van Pran...

We got ourselves one of the worst rated centers in the NFL instead. AWESOME!!!
All that typing just to create an ignorant point?
We have a center

Just so you know

They might trade Holland for a 3rd lol

You think there is a melt down over Chop......
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
I would have no issue trading Holland for an EARLY 3rd round pick this year. Don’t think we are going to pay him elite money which means he walks as a FA next year. Best case scenario we might get a late 3rd or 4th round compensation pick for him in 2026.

Winning franchises make difficult personnel choices all the time. I’m sure no one on the Chiefs was happy they traded Hill to us at the time, but here they are with back to back SBs.

I would have no issue trading Holland for an EARLY 3rd round pick this year. Don’t think we are going to pay him elite money which means he walks as a FA next year. Best case scenario we might get a late 3rd or 4th round compensation pick for him in 2026.

Winning franchises make difficult personnel choices all the time. I’m sure no one on the Chiefs was happy they traded Hill to us at the time, but here they are with back to back SBs.

Hear what you say about making difficult decisions … but we currently only have Holland, Poyer and Elijah Campbell to play Safety.

So if we’re trading him (and I would hate it) we arguably need to find 2 players in the draft and FA this year to play Safety

Hear what you say about making difficult decisions … but we currently only have Holland, Poyer and Elijah Campbell to play Safety.

So if we’re trading him (and I would hate it) we arguably need to find 2 players in the draft and FA this year to play Safety
Tyler Nubins and Cole Bishop are both guys who could replace Holland. I do not think we need to draft another guy after that. There were so many safeties cut this offseason that there are still rotational guys available.

Looking like we are going to skip Center for the 5th year in a row. I count from 2020 because that is when we decided to draft "our QB of the future."

2020 - Cesar Ruiz, Michael Biadasz
2021 - Landon Dickerson, Creed Humphrey
2022 - Tyler Linderbaum, Luke Fortner
2023 - Joe Tippman

4 are likely to be ALL PRO's for years and ranked in Top-10
3 of them are on the best offenses in the league.
Some of these players we passed on.
Some of these players required a small trade.
The only one that was really never a possibility was Linderbaum. But if there is a will there is a way...

The point - is that we never prioritized this position. Arguably the most important position on the OL. The guy who touches the ball as much as the QB, who has to make reads, and who has to take on double teams more than anyone else.

I don't think its a coincidence that the best NFL offenses today have 3 of these players listed above.

We had the chance to grab the best center in this draft. When will we learn? I highly doubt Grier trades up for JPJ or takes Van Pran...

We got ourselves one of the worst rated centers in the NFL instead. AWESOME!!!
We should draft Jake roberts, hidden gem

Tyler Nubins and Cole Bishop are both guys who could replace Holland. I do not think we need to draft another guy after that. There were so many safeties cut this offseason that there are still rotational guys available.

Good call. I like what I’ve seen of Bishop.

Still think we are light there with just 3. Unless we can look to move Ramsey around more and rely on Cam Smith on the outside

Center wasn’t a need because they already signed their center in free agency. Yet they have a major need at offensive guard and LT because they can’t rely on Armstead to stay healthy.

Barton would have been a great pick because he can play all five positions on the OL and he could have come in a stated immediately.
They said similar things about Michael Dieter. No telling if Barton will be more than a JAG at any position, but the least likely outcome would be as a long term starter at LT.

There are better LT prospects than Barton on the board that could be available at 55 or another day 2 pick if Grier finds an opening to trade some future draft capital. Kingsley Sumataia and Kiran Amegadjie are MUCH higher confidence choices than Barton to replace Armstead in 2025.

IOL is just so much cheaper to fill in FA (Carolina's foolish overpay of Robert Hunt notwithstanding) or with day 3 picks. Also I am in the minority thinking our need at IOL is not so acute, and that Eich will be surprising a lot of people playing at RG which is probably his best position.

Remaining priorities in my mind are the aforementioned LT (emphasizing long term potential over day 1 readiness), a DB (liking Kitchens from Miami), a depth piece for IOL that has center experience, and a couple of pass catchers preferably with size and a bad attitude toward defenders.

They said similar things about Michael Dieter. No telling if Barton will be more than a JAG at any position, but the least likely outcome would be as a long term starter at LT.

There are better LT prospects than Barton on the board that could be available at 55 or another day 2 pick if Grier finds an opening to trade some future draft capital. Kingsley Sumataia and Kiran Amegadjie are MUCH higher confidence choices than Barton to replace Armstead in 2025.

IOL is just so much cheaper to fill in FA (Carolina's foolish overpay of Robert Hunt notwithstanding) or with day 3 picks. Also I am in the minority thinking our need at IOL is not so acute, and that Eich will be surprising a lot of people playing at RG which is probably his best position.

Remaining priorities in my mind are the aforementioned LT (emphasizing long term potential over day 1 readiness), a DB (liking Kitchens from Miami), a depth piece for IOL that has center experience, and a couple of pass catchers preferably with size and a bad attitude toward defenders.
The FO has said a number of times WR is also a priority. I like this post tho, very good.

1)I fully expect Brewer to be a very good center in the system.

2)Centers always get pushed down as do guards in the draft

3)There are still some very good centers on the board if you really want a center.

4)I like Graham Barton, I do not think center is his best position
1) Love Brewer as a run blocker in this scheme......terrified with his pass blocking. He's not good in that aspect and as good as Tua is getting rid of the ball quickly, that's usually to keep ends off him. Quick inside pressure is much more difficult to manage.

3) There are some centers out there i see as good fits to groom - Hunter Nourzad, Tanor Bortolini and Jacob Monk.

4) I do think C is the best position for Barton, with LG right behind. His value is his versatility and movement skills.

Back
Top Bottom