Andre Dillard | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andre Dillard

He's been injured. He's had a decent camp, but the incumbent hasn't done anything to lose his spot. I would have preferred this to Greg Little...but Greg Little is the girl we brought to the dance.
I dare you to say that to him face to face!

We must be worried about our OL. If that’s the case, I guess it’s a good thing we are actively trying to improve it.
He is a 1st round pick but he is not an upgrade over Austin Jackson. He is not even better than Jesse Davis who is serviceable at best.

Can't help but think Miami will pick up a few linemen and maybe a running back off waivers.

Don't know if there are any starting caliber offensive linemen available in a trade. The Dolphins have good depth at wide receiver and corner so something could happen.

If Dillard can get himself healthy, he stands a chance to revive his career. He made himself a lot of money his final year in college. The kid has talent. If I remember correctly, he played in the Senior Bowl that year and played well.

The tackle who beat Dillard out for the starting job is a former 7th round pick drafted in 2018 who was a former rugby player with limited football experience before the Eagles drafted him.

If Dillard couldn’t play well enough to win the job with the Eagles, I really don’t see him being an upgrade over the backups on the Dolphins at this time.

For the record, you should see what that 7th round pick looks like. Specimen doesn’t cut it.
Yes indeed. Jordan Mailata, who won the starting job from Dillard, is 6'8 365 and has looked very good. Sometimes you lose a job because the other player is just better and not because you're doing anything wrong.

With the trade for Little I'm not sure Miami woul also show interest in Dillard. With Jackson, Little, Eichenberg, Hunt, Deiter and Kindley in the mix I think the Dolphins have enough youth. Sounds like a team full of young prospects but not sure if they have the coaching or patience to groom them into decent players. Fan base wants a line that's ready to go right now, and I'm not sure that's possible with 6 youngsters in the mix.

Last edited:
Can't help but think Miami will pick up a few linemen and maybe a running back off waivers.

Don't know if there are any starting caliber offensive linemen available in a trade. The Dolphins have good depth at wide receiver and corner so something could happen.
If we pick them up off waivers, they have to go to the 53. You think 4 spots are going to waivers? I actually think, we don't grab anyone off waivers. I think they only way we bring into the 53 now is trade. Little was one. I thought we go into the season with 2 not currently in camp. So I got one to go. I'll stick with that for now.

If we pick them up off waivers, they have to go to the 53. You think 4 spots are going to waivers? I actually think, we don't grab anyone off waivers. I think they only way we bring into the 53 now is trade. Little was one. I thought we go into the season with 2 not currently in camp. So I got one to go. I'll stick with that for now.
Maybe a trade for a tackle, but I don't think many teams are loaded on the offensive line.

As to running back, really want to see a lot of Doaks and Scarlett over the next few weeks. There are some veterans out there.

Maybe a trade for a tackle, but I don't think many teams are loaded on the offensive line.

As to running back, really want to see a lot of Doaks and Scarlett over the next few weeks. There are some veterans out there.
I think Saturday is a big day for Doaks. He needs to look good while playing against rotation level defenders. Looking good next week against 3rd stringers and practicce squad guys might not be enough earn a 53 man roster spot.

I could possibly see a trade for tackle. But we just grabbed Little. I have been one saying I think we bring in a RB. There is one name I bring up but most don't like. I just can't stop picturing what any type of motivated Bell would bring to this offense. If we could get him on a prove it deal and he comes out to prove it....
I'll leave it at that cause it's been debating tons and I don't want it to overrun this thread.

I could possibly see a trade for tackle. But we just grabbed Little. I have been one saying I think we bring in a RB. There is one name I bring up but most don't like. I just can't stop picturing what any type of motivated Bell would bring to this offense. If we could get him on a prove it deal and he comes out to prove it....
I'll leave it at that cause it's been debating tons and I don't want it to overrun this thread.
Bell might be a decent short term option, however last I heard he still thinks he's 2016/2017 Le'veon Bell and wants to get paid like one of the top backs in the league.

For the record, you should see what that 7th round pick looks like. Specimen doesn’t cut it.
What he looks like is really irrelevant because the fact is he won the position over Dillard before Dillards latest injury.

What he looks like is really irrelevant because the fact is he won the position over Dillard before Dillards latest injury.
Mailata has played as impressive as he looks. He's massive and he moves well, once he gets his hands on you it's hard to get around him.

Back
Top Bottom