Andre Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andre Smith

ticophin

Starter
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
why would we need 3 starting tackles?.....noo

he hasnt been prepared for anything all off-season. shows his immaturity and lack of character

He keeps proving he is stupid. Before the whole combine incident, he was projected to go #2. This was after not playing in his Bowl game for being stupid. I wouldn't want a guy like this on my team.

But yeah, he will still go in the mid 1st round. Crazy...

I'm very surprised Saban did not make him cry(although i bet he got the same Manny Wright treatment).

He will end up a bust at tackle for anyone. His best shot at a good future is at guard, but he better get some dedication.

We do need a third tackle. That high? Maybe not. But he does offer options, he can play guard as well. I read some of those articles on his workout, his numbers were horrid but his position drills were on par, so take that for what its worth.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

God: Andre my son. I have blessed you with a very large and strong body. You are welcome. This shall be your meal ticket.

Andre: Who said meal?!?!

Eugene Monroe's best combine electronically timed 40 time was 5.31
His best 3 cone was 7.86
He did 23 reps on the bench was arms an inch and a half shorter than Smith's arms

Smith ran a 5.28
His 3 cone was 7.88
He did 19 reps

Now is that all so much different that you want Monroe in the top 5 and Andre Smith is falling off the face of the earth?
So he doesn't look like Adonis. If he did could he block better?

Eugene Monroe's best combine electronically timed 40 time was 5.31
His best 3 cone was 7.86
He did 23 reps on the bench was arms an inch and a half shorter than Smith's arms

Smith ran a 5.28
His 3 cone was 7.88
He did 19 reps

Now is that all so much different that you want Monroe in the top 5 and Andre Smith is falling off the face of the earth?
So he doesn't look like Adonis. If he did could he block better?

It is not his numbers that is making him look like a dumb arse. It is him. First he get's booted out of his last bowl game, because he couldn't wait a week or two to start talking to agents.

Then he shows up to the combine and promptly admits that he has not even started working out yet because he was too busy trying to find and agent still. So not only is he proving that he is dumb, that he has no work ethic, but also he is unreliable. Who wants a guy that can't even stay in shape. Who goes to their biggest job interview in their life and say, oh, my bad, I just don't care about this as much as you'd like me to. No point in bringing in a lazy guy.

And sad thing is he is still going to be a high draft pick. I hope he flops personally.

Why bother? He clearly doesn't care much about playing football, being a good teammate, or listening to Saban or the other Bama's coaches? Sounds like a major headcase.....he might be worth a late 2nd round pick, but there are plenty of other guys who are willing to work hard.

Guy is going to be a Pro Bowl Guard in this league . . . well atleast if he works a little.

I think he will still be long gone before 25 and I don't see us adding a first round salary to our o-line with what is already being spent there.

He was an embarrasment at his pro day, he will surely be available when we pick, but I dont know if anybody is willing to use their 1st on such an unprofessional athlete......
It is being commented that he even took his shirt off for some drills, to his disadvantage......:crazy:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/11/scout-smith-lost-millions-today/

I think you blew the report out of proportion. They said on tv that Smith had a good (not great) pro day, BUT the only thing he should not have done was take off his shirt.

Smith is STILL a top 20 OT, some think he still may be the best overall, it is his decision making prior to his pro day that is hurting his stock, but he made a very positive comment last night when they asked him if he's just going to relax a let his pro day speak for itself. His comment "no, I'm putting the pedal to the metal."

Back
Top Bottom