Andre Smith | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andre Smith

After seeing this guy, the scouts should be embarrassed for considering this guy a first rounder. The team that picks this guy just found themselves a bad guard...if that.

If you ever saw Vernon Carey with his shirt off you wouldn't freak out over this Andre dude.

God help you if you see Vernon unclothed. And he's been in the NFL for years, and under NFL training programs. Yet still looks like a fat Big Mac eating slob.

How many times did Carey bench 225? I bet you is was more than 19. Come on, there were kickers that benched more than this guy.....

If he is there at 25, we could trade the pick to some team who wants him and doesn't think he'll slide any farther. Perhaps the Giants, the Browns, or the Lions would want to trade up...all three have enough picks (extra 2nd or 3rd rounder) to make a deal. We could slide down a few spots and pick up another solid draftee. Also, some other team might want him and trade their 2nd and a pick in the 2010 draft for our pick at 25.

However, if he hasn't been removed from our draft board and is there at 25, drafting him and trading Satele for an extra pick would make for an impressive OLine. The only drawback would be that we would have even more money devoted to the Oline than we do now.

That is exactly how you work the draft board! Maybe the Fins don't want/need him--BUT some other teams behind us probably would take the chance and give up say a late 1st or early 2nd and a 3rd/4th round pick for him. I think I would do that all day long. Why not get an extra pick for a guy with a ton of talent but a speck of brain usage. I hope something like that happens. A lot of teams probably want to take him--but they don't want to be known as the team that potentially drafted a bust. On the other hand teams don't want to be known as the team that let a goldmine past them up. Remember Randy Moss falling to the 19th pick??

How to Loose 15 Million Dollars in 3 Months, by Andre Smith....the NY Times Bestseller, out in stores now!

Perfect post. :chuckle:

Two months ago, he was on top of every mock draft and everyone was arguing if the Lions should take him #1, or take a QB and let him fall to the Rams at #2.

I have seen mocks now with him going middle of the 2nd round. I think he will still go in the first by a team hoping they can get him back in shape, but what a scary decision.

We do need a third tackle. That high? Maybe not. But he does offer options, he can play guard as well. I read some of those articles on his workout, his numbers were horrid but his position drills were on par, so take that for what its worth.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

i agree we need to add another lineman who can slide between guard and tackle in the event of an injury to one of the starters. this draft is deep in quality interior lineman and one of the top 3 picks could yield a starter in the immediate future or a decent insurance policy this year.

Back
Top Bottom