Andre Smith | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andre Smith

if we didnt resign carey i'd say do it. He was the projected no.1 pick the past couple months...
he's still got mad talent... he is very stupid though...
how do you do that at the combine.. did he really think about the reprocussions of his decision?>

Smith's preparation hasn't helped him in the eyes of the scouts, but what is also hurting him is that more and more teams are viewing him as a guard. Similar thing happened to Shawn Andrews when he came out; looked like a lock for the top 5, but after the combine and pro days, nobody viewed him as a OT anymore.

I think you blew the report out of proportion. They said on tv that Smith had a good (not great) pro day, BUT the only thing he should not have done was take off his shirt.

Smith is STILL a top 20 OT, some think he still may be the best overall, it is his decision making prior to his pro day that is hurting his stock, but he made a very positive comment last night when they asked him if he's just going to relax a let his pro day speak for itself. His comment "no, I'm putting the pedal to the metal."
Its not his skill, which by watching tape, obviously, is there....he is a talent no doubt...Our beloved Nick Satan said on NFL Net. this morning that whoever gets him will definetly be adding a superior athlete to their organization (aaargh, about to puke)....
Its his head, his desitions, they are the ones driving him "pedal to the metal" out ouf the top 10 (unless Da Raiders have something to add):up:

If you ever saw Vernon Carey with his shirt off you wouldn't freak out over this Andre dude.

God help you if you see Vernon unclothed. And he's been in the NFL for years, and under NFL training programs. Yet still looks like a fat Big Mac eating slob.

I don't think he will fall out of the top 15.. There were different reports how his pro day was and imo he has too much talent that he would fall out of the top 15..

Seriously, if this guy is there at 25 . . . . I don't see how we can pass him up . . . . especially if we are able to trade Satele.

I don't think he will fall out of the top 15.. There were different reports how his pro day was and imo he has too much talent that he would fall out of the top 15..

He doesn't have the jake Long, Jason Smith build . . . . he really isn't best as a LT anyways . . . . but u throw him at Guard . . . . and he could be the best Guard in the league sooner than later . . . and that is the truth.

Some said he had a decent Pro day, if u get past the running w/o the shirt. The reps werent that impressive, but he hasn't been traininig either and he has long arms. He is by far the best guard in this draft.

The league should have a body fat percentage requirement. Considering the obesity problem in this country, the sport shouldn't be praising 330 lb. heart attacks waiting to happen.

Andre Smith running with his shirt off was a disgrace.

Here's a question for you guys: if Smith is there in the second round, would you want him? Could Sparano whip this guy into shape?

I wouldn't touch him with either of our first two picks. No matter how much raw talent the kid may have, it's obvious the kid is lazy as hell and dumb as a brick. In a matter of about two months he has gone from possibly being the first pick in the draft to a likely second rounder. Between his suspension from the Sugar Bowl, going M.I.A. at the combine and disappointing at his pro day I don't know who the hell would spend a first round pick on this guy.

Saying he would make a great guard is basically a nice way of saying he's too fat and slow footed to play tackle. Let someone else burn a high pick on such an underachiever.

Smith's preparation hasn't helped him in the eyes of the scouts, but what is also hurting him is that more and more teams are viewing him as a guard. Similar thing happened to Shawn Andrews when he came out; looked like a lock for the top 5, but after the combine and pro days, nobody viewed him as a OT anymore.

yet Andrews went in the top 20. i think someone will take him. Chicago needs a ton of help along the OL. Detroit at #20 would probably take him as well assuming the didn't address OL at #1.

Seriously, if this guy is there at 25 . . . . I don't see how we can pass him up . . . . especially if we are able to trade Satele.

If he is there at 25, we could trade the pick to some team who wants him and doesn't think he'll slide any farther. Perhaps the Giants, the Browns, or the Lions would want to trade up...all three have enough picks (extra 2nd or 3rd rounder) to make a deal. We could slide down a few spots and pick up another solid draftee. Also, some other team might want him and trade their 2nd and a pick in the 2010 draft for our pick at 25.

However, if he hasn't been removed from our draft board and is there at 25, drafting him and trading Satele for an extra pick would make for an impressive OLine. The only drawback would be that we would have even more money devoted to the Oline than we do now.

How to Loose 15 Million Dollars in 3 Months, by Andre Smith....the NY Times Bestseller, out in stores now!

Back
Top Bottom