Andrew Luck & Brandon Marshall wouldn't get along anyway. Serious personality clash.. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck & Brandon Marshall wouldn't get along anyway. Serious personality clash..

i.e. what he shares with the media and how the media contextualizes it. Referring to the information the media has covered of him at this point and what we are judging his personality by.
I think your construct of "extroverted athletic confidence" could describe people like Ray Lewis, Dan Marino, and Jerome Bettis, and not touch at all the problematic aspects of BPD (impulsivity, unpredictability, emotional lability, interpersonal difficulties) characteristic of people like Marshall, Terrell Owens, and Chad Ochocinco.

I don't think Andrew Luck would have any problem getting along with the "confident athletic extroverts" of the world, such as Lewis, Marino, and Bettis, but the presence of people like Marshall, TO, and Ochocinco -- precisely because of their larger personality problems -- would impede his development IMO.

Again, the problem with people like Marshall is they do not possess the ability to rein themselves in when the circumstances dictate. When you have a young QB who needs to develop as a player and the leader of your team, you need to shut off your "get me the damned ball!" attitude during that period.

People like Marshall, TO, and Ochocinco don't have that ability because their personality flaws are exhibited too rigidly, without consideration for the situation.

Marshall would still be able to be "confidently extroverted" in an athletic manner (like Lewis, Marino, and Bettis) with Luck at the helm, but he would need to shut off his selfish, infantile, demanding traits, and he can't do that. Those are woven too deeply into the fabric of his being.

Those traits are on "auto-pilot" -- they don't "care" whether Andrew Luck is around or not, and that's the problem.

So if yelling Suck4Luck will give them a reason not to try and as a result lose....what the hell has been their excuse for the last decade? How has all the positiveness oozing from the fanbase and this site worked out?

Jesus the cliche monsters just consume sports fans and turn them into dumb illogical zombies.

God forbid they dont feel like winning 4 games this year. What the hell will I ever do with myself?

I think your construct of "extroverted athletic confidence" could describe people like Ray Lewis, Dan Marino, and Jerome Bettis, and not touch at all the problematic aspects of BPD (impulsivity, unpredictability, emotional lability, interpersonal difficulties) characteristic of people like Marshall, Terrell Owens, and Chad Ochocinco.

I don't think Andrew Luck would have any problem getting along with the "confident athletic extroverts" of the world, such as Lewis, Marino, and Bettis, but the presence of people like Marshall, TO, and Ochocinco -- precisely because of their larger personality problems -- would impede his development IMO.

Was Marshall being anti-qb when henne was doing well this year? I don't see him being comparable to T.O. and McNab. Our guys seemed to be playing for the same side this year.

Marshall seems he's been okay if he has a good qb with him IMO- looking at how he and Henne were gelling this season. I can not put him in the same box with T.O. or Ochocinco just yet.

Marshall wants to be somebody great, but if the qb makes the wr, he knows he's fooked. I'd picture Marshall with a Marino, Brady, or Manning as an unfair advantage- he'd sound different to the media. Picturing Marshall with (any of the past subpar dolphin qb play) as a crime- he'd sound disgruntled, or as he put it "embarrassed" to the media (after the jets game). Even then, it's arguable he presented himself as amiable and p.c. when discussing his team's losing performance. Or am I mistaken on that?

Was Marshall being anti-qb when henne was doing well this year? I don't see him being comparable to T.O. and McNab. Our guys seemed to be playing for the same side this year.

Marshall seems he's been okay if he has a good qb with him IMO- looking at how he and Henne were gelling this season. I can not put him in the same box with T.O. or Ochocinco just yet.

Marshall wants to be somebody great, but if the qb makes the wr, he knows he's fooked. I'd picture Marshall with a Marino, Brady, or Manning as an unfair advantage- he'd sound different to the media. Picturing Marshall with (any of the past subpar dolphin qb play) as a crime- he'd sound disgruntled, or as he put it "embarrassed" to the media.
If Marshall is indeed reining himself in for the benefit of his QB this year, I think we'd have to make that the number-one explanation for his poor play as well.

It could be that he's either infantile and demanding and a stud player physically, or reined in emotionally and a lesser player physically because of it.

He may still appear extroverted, but his confidence and the quality of his play are way down IMO. It could be that when he tries to keep himself in check for the benefit of his QB and the team, he loses something physically because the mentality he's playing with is so different.

If Marshall is indeed reining himself in for the benefit of his QB this year, I think we'd have to make that the number-one explanation for his poor play as well.

It could be that he's either infantile and demanding and a stud player physically, or reined in emotionally and a lesser player physically because of it.

He may still appear extroverted, but his confidence and the quality of his play are way down IMO. It could be that when he tries to keep himself in check for the benefit of his QB and the team, he loses something physically because the mentality he's playing with is so different.

I'm on the fence with that. It was said not to many people can put up the numbers he did on Revis that last game. To me, at one point, it looked like he almost took of Revis's head when he ran at him with the ball on one play. Though he didn't win the game for us, I thought he did play with some heart. I only wish our pass rush would play as so (save for wake).

As he's endured the sad Parcells/Sparano regime, squandered some years, I think if Luck came to play, I'd bet you he'd pee in his pants and do a cartwheel at the same time- well maybe my vCash.

BM is here to stay the drops may continue as well - I am never going to get used to it - someone introduce BM to a JUGS machine .5 hour a day

I'm starting to believe that the black book written ages ago that everyone talks about in churches throughout the world, was actually about Andrew Luck.

I am also noticing the transfer of borderline fruity man love/crush from Henne to Luck. I don't even think we will get him. The Colts will not win until we do.

I'm on the fence with that. It was said not to many people can put up the numbers he did on Revis that last game. To me, at one point, it looked like he almost took of Revis's head when he ran at him with the ball on one play. Though he didn't win the game for us, I thought he did play with some heart. I only wish our pass rush would play as so (save for wake).

As he's endured the sad Parcells/Sparano regime, squandered some years, I think if Luck came to play, I'd bet you he'd pee in his pants and do a cartwheel at the same time- well maybe my vCash.
He looks determined, but that doesn't translate to the ability to hang on to the ball when he needs to.

There's something going on with him mentally when it comes to catching balls in the end zone.

once again, the long pass he caught, was not on Revis.

People are doing too much behind kissing of Andrew Luck. First of all, if the Dolphins are in position to draft him they should just draft him. What could he realistically do? Nothing. This is football. John Elway had the option of playing baseball, and the Chargers figured that they could get Philip Rivers and some extra picks for Eli Manning (very good trade, because Eli got lucky with that Super Bowl, and he will never win another one mark my words). Andrew Luck can gripe all he wants. He will either play, go back to college and risk getting hurt and not get squat, or shut up and play. Dolphins do not have to trade him. He will learn to fall in line. With that said, the Dolphins definitely need to clean house, because this coaching staff and front office are way over their heads and are not developing the talent that they are getting.

I mean, it's no secret that guys with personalities like Luck and Marshall clash.

That's just common sense.

That's why when we choose women to date, we can pretty much tell who we'd get along with and who we wouldn't and justify why we wouldn't risk it...without knowing that person.

Brandon is the kind of guy that always needs the football. He has to have 100+ and a score every game or he's not happy. Winning isn't enough for that guy if he's not in the spotlight. He's demonstrated this time and time again.

Exactly why I want him!!!! That is a trait of a hungry athlete that can succeed. Why would you want your WR to be happy with 45 yds per game???

Exactly why I want him!!!! That is a trait of a hungry athlete that can succeed. Why would you want your WR to be happy with 45 yds per game???

You don't force balls into coverage just so a guy can get 100 yards. EVERY WR in the league WANTS 100 yards a game. But when it's not there it's just not there. For several years now I've stood by my opinion that athletically, Brandon Marshall is one of the five best in the entire league. You're gonna draw some double teams every game and you can't force what isn't there. But Brandon is the kind of guy that thinks he can ALWAYS beat the double coverage. There's just no sense in throwing him the football when other options are better options. That's all I'm saying.

Back
Top Bottom