Andrew Luck.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck..

Luck has apparently made it clear to those around him he prefers to come back for his senior year at Stanford. It's almost certainly the wrong decision for him financially but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see this discussion become quickly moot.

If Dallas or Detroit gets the number 1, we should be ok. Especially if it's Dallas. I would give up almost anything at this point to draft Andrew Luck. I don't care if he busts and it's regarded as the biggest mistake in NFL history. You have to take that chance, and be willing to make a decision that could define your career as a GM and coach. Trade whatever picks you can to trade up to that spot to get him. It's also a win in that it keeps Buffalo from getting him. Obviously that's not as important, but not only do you grab yourself a potential franchise QB, you keep a division rival from getting a potential franchise quarterback.

It won't happen. Miami never makes bold moves that separate the good teams from the great teams. But one can dream.

:lol: I'd even throw in the parking and concessions profits for the next couple years.

Hopefully the Bills pass on another Stanford QB. :lol: Luck will be a Bill, if not a Cardinal before we get a shot at him.

Hopefully the Bills pass on another Stanford QB. :lol: Luck will be a Bill, if not a Cardinal before we get a shot at him.

That if whoever is the new coach for the Panthers doesn't decide to take him. I think Carolina has faced a weaker schedule and they have the same record as Buffalo so they would pick 1st.

i don't think carolina would take him...i think they'd want to give clausen a better look first...but i do think carolina would sell that pick to the highest bidder

zona's another one that would be all over luck in the get the #1 pick trade up derby...as well as minnesota, san fran buffalo, etc

an awful lot of hills to climb and teams to pass to get that #1 pick from whoever gets it

i don't think carolina would take him...i think they'd want to give clausen a better look first...but i do think carolina would sell that pick to the highest bidder

zona's another one that would be all over luck in the get the #1 pick trade up derby...as well as minnesota, san fran buffalo, etc

an awful lot of hills to climb and teams to pass to get that #1 pick from whoever gets it

I still think if a new coaching staff comes in at Carolina they may want to take a different QB, trade Clausen and go with Andrew Luck. I can tell you no one around here likes Clausen.

I still think if a new coaching staff comes in at Carolina they may want to take a different QB, trade Clausen and go with Andrew Luck. I can tell you no one around here likes Clausen.

interesting...has clausen looked that damn bad that they are ready to move on already???

if so add carolina to the list for andrew luck...

interesting...has clausen looked that damn bad that they are ready to move on already???

if so add carolina to the list for andrew luck...

Clausen has looked so bad they've been clamouring for Jake Delhomme to come back. Is that bad enough?

damn...what about that craptastic team they've surrounded him with though...god though clamouring for scrub delhomme back...thats god awful

Yeah it's a bad team. They have two solid running backs in DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart which neither have been healthy this year. Stewart seems to be hurt a lot and that for a guy that doesn't even get the bulk of the carries most of the time. O-line hasn't blocked worth a crap this year but then they're facing 8 sometimes 9 in the box because there's absolutely no threat of a pass. Clausen hasn't even flashed a little bit this year. They do have Steve Smith at WR but nothing on the other side and really no TE.

Clausen's two best games this year was @ NO where he was 11/21, 146 yards, 1 TD and @ TB where he was 16/29, 191 yards passing (career high), 0 TDs....he's only thrown 1 TD all season, he's only thrown 4 INTs too but in 7 games he's only broken 100 yards passing 3 times and no 200+ yard passing games. It's a pretty dire situation and there's no doubt Fox will be out after this season, probably the GM as well.

Im pretty sure id trade every pick this year and our first next year for him. 2 1sts, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th ? Is tht enough?

Luck is a ****ing animal out there. Im of the belief that he could be playing in the NFL right now, start from day 1 of this season and already be better than half of the starters in this league. Thats his floor IMHO. His celing is best in the game within 5 years. This kid is unreal.

His footwork is absolutely incredible and he is deadly accurate with plenty of arm.

Did you guys see that shot he delivered today when on the run? He absolutely blasted a Cal defender in the open field, kinda got stood up frozen for a second after hitting him and just looked at the Cal defender on the ground, then proceded to finish the run, picking up even more yards on a huge gain.

Now obviously, he isnt going to be blasting an NFL defender like that, but the kid is strong. It also demonstrates he can make plays with his legs when need be. He has two TD runs of longer than 50 yards this season. Kid is an animal. Obviously he wont be making Mike Vick runs out there, but he will definately pick up some critical yardage by running it when nothing is open.

The thing I like about a lot of his runs is that they arent off of bootlegs or even getting outside the pocket horizontally. He will step up in the pocket like a good QB should and still be looking to fire downfield. Only if nothing is open he will take off and get crucial yardage by stepping straight out of the middle of the pocket going forward. He will also run if its 3rd down and he sees a guarenteed lane to get the yards needed. He has good footspeed and is obviously very strong running it.

But, again. This kids best weapon is his arm and his footwork in the pocket. He is also a smart kid. Man, Id like to have this QB on our team. Obviously.

I agree that we need to make a move for Luck. We are primed for it because we are in perfect position to trade picks for Luck. In other words, we have assembled some top drawer young talent, when you look at guys like Wake, Davis, Long, Bess, Marshall, Dansby et al. The major void is quarterback. Henne is not putrid but he is not what this team needs.

Miami is in the position that the Giants were in when they made a move for Eli, Jets were in when they made a move for Sanchez, Bears were in when they made a move for Cutler, Falcons were in when they made a move for Vick. We are that type of team. Making the trade makes sense.

The Panthers very well could be a willing trading partner. They need an infusion of talent and not a single player, even a quarterback. Buffalo is a concern if they get the number one pick. But they have been playing better lately and the Panthers have no redeeming qualities and are just putrid. Buffalo likely will win a game or two and Carolina just won't. St Pierre? I'm betting on Carolina with the number one pick.

Looking at the schedule, we likely win two more games to finish 7-9 (Detroit and Buffalo). Oakland will gash us like an open wound. Cleveland is on an uptick, we are not. Jets and Pats are on a different level. If Long goes on IR and Thiggy stays at qb, its possible we manage to win only one more game.

Look at the prior trades for Eli and Vick as parameters when they were the number one pick. What the Bears gave up for Cutler and Jets for Sanchez may be instructive. Unfortunately, with 7 wins, Miami likely picks around 12. When the Giants moved up for Manning, they were at 4 and the Falcons were at 5 when they moved for Vick. So, we will have to bring more ammo to the table. I think you start the bidding with 2011 number one, 2012 number one, Chad Henne, maybe two other players (like the Jets did for Sanchez), a 3rd and maybe another pick. Do not screw around. Make the deal. We still have young talent around Luck even if we trade some picks.

I actually think Miami may do this and be willing to outbid an Arizona or SF or Minn. We have lots of young talent and can afford to move some picks. Also, Ireland did step up last year and went for Marshall and Dansby. You gotta believe Ireland and Sparano know they need a qb for their own jobs. Its a qb driven league. "Follow the quarterbacks" when you determine who is going to win now. We need our guy or else we will continue middling along blaming line judges from Pittsburgh for our woes.

Back
Top Bottom