Andrew Luck.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck..

I agree that we need to make a move for Luck. We are primed for it because we are in perfect position to trade picks for Luck. In other words, we have assembled some top drawer young talent, when you look at guys like Wake, Davis, Long, Bess, Marshall, Dansby et al. The major void is quarterback. Henne is not putrid but he is not what this team needs.

Not really in a perfect position to trade picks for Luck. Giants had the 5th pick when they traded players/picks with San Diego who had the first pick, Jets traded the 17th overall pick and the 52nd overall pick (2nd round) as well as 3 players to get up to the 5th pick (Andrew Luck won't last that long), Bears gave a 1st and 3rd in 2008 and a 1st in 2010 plus Kyle Orton for Cutler.

I just looked at the trade value chart and the 1st overall pick carries a value of 3000 points. Let's say we pick 16th overall, that carries a value of 1000...if we totaled the rest of our draft it would equal something like 400 points for a total of roughly 1400 points. So unless we throw in some players and probably our 1st round pick in 2012 as well we're not getting Luck. The entire 2011 draft, 1st overall pick in 2012 along with a player of significant value...maybe Cam Wake or Brandon Marshall cause no one else on this team is going to draw that much interest to possibly the Buffalo Bills for the 1st overall pick...is it worth it to you? So you get the franchise QB but then have to wait two years before you can build anything around him...including the interior of our line that needs help since you'd like to protect your investment.

Now if Luck some how dropped to the 5th pick...well then game on otherwise I think we have to pass.

I still think if a new coaching staff comes in at Carolina they may want to take a different QB, trade Clausen and go with Andrew Luck. I can tell you no one around here likes Clausen.

Fine, then I would be more than happy to see the Dolphins take Jimmy Clausen off their hands.

this thread honestly hurts to read from the beginning, because i just continue to read about how incredible of a qb andrew luck will be in the nfl, and yet we have ZERO CHANCE at him. i mean, even if we somehow finished 5-11 and got like the 8th pick, we still would have no shot.

this guy is a qb prospect that does not come around so often. since you build your team in the nfl around your qb, any team ahead of us that has a shot to grab luck if hes available will do so, and i cant think of a realistic trade offer that any team would give up the rights to him.

its a real shame, because as much as i would love to have him, we have ZERO CHANCE.

if we get a top 10 pick i'm all for mallet cause i agree with the above poster that we have virtually no shot at luck and i want to take a chance on a franchise qb ...but after mallet goes i don't think you can pass up mark ingram...in fact i think this kid may well be a hall of famer...

go ahead and laugh at me guys...but i've done damn well pegging skill position players of late and i think this kid is that damn good...mark ingram

this is not a dime a dozen running back...his vision is beyond rare...pro bowls a plenty in his future

only bad thing is you got cards, nines, cowboys, and vikings going after qb's in the first round

Miami's 1st round draft picks since 2001...

2001-J.Fletcher CB 26th overall
2002-R.WIlliams RB 25th overall
2003-R.Williams RB 17th overall
2004-V.Carey OT 19th overall
2005-R.Brown RB 2nd overall
2006-J.Allen CB 16th overall
2007-T.Ginn KR/WR 9th overall
2008-J.Long OT 1st Overall
2009-V.Davis CB 25th overall
2010-J.Odrick DE 28th overall

Most of us like J.Long a lot, V.Davis has potential and V.Carey has been up and down. R.Williams was a solid move at the time but disappointing with the whole retirement/pot thing. So in our last ten 1st round picks we managed a LT and 1 CB with the jury still out on Odrick but he potentially could be an injury issue. Personally I give our next 2 if not three 1st round picks to get Luck, what are you really giving up looking at our past selections to get a franchise QB?

Miami's 1st round draft picks since 2001...

2001-J.Fletcher CB 26th overall we passed on brees
2002-R.WIlliams RB 25th overall
2003-R.Williams RB 17th overall
2004-V.Carey OT 19th overall
2005-R.Brown RB 2nd overall we passed on rogers
2006-J.Allen CB 16th overall
2007-T.Ginn KR/WR 9th overall
2008-J.Long OT 1st Overall
2009-V.Davis CB 25th overall
2010-J.Odrick DE 28th overall

Most of us like J.Long a lot, V.Davis has potential and V.Carey has been up and down. R.Williams was a solid move at the time but disappointing with the whole retirement/pot thing. So in our last ten 1st round picks we managed a LT and 1 CB with the jury still out on Odrick but he potentially could be an injury issue. Personally I give our next 2 if not three 1st round picks to get Luck, what are you really giving up looking at our past selections to get a franchise QB?

boy did we mess up

if you give up your next 3 first rounders plus some other picks this year i can see someone listening...lol...maybe even buffalo

but i think that would be the highest price paid in the history of the league...and if luck got hurt whatever and didn't work out you'd be up **** creek with no paddle...lmao

hooshoops;1063693811[B said:
]if you give up your next 3 first rounders plus some other picks this year i can see someone listening...lol...maybe even buffalo[/B]

but i think that would be the highest price paid in the history of the league...and if luck got hurt whatever and didn't work out you'd be up **** creek with no paddle...lmao
are you even allowed to trade 3 first round picks in 3 consecutive years in one trade?

there's probably 5 players in this draft if i was miami that i would move up for...luck, patrick peterson, mallet if he's close, aj green, and mark ingram

if mark ingram makes it to pick 15 i will be shocked...even though i know he won't wow anyone with his combine numbers...

aj green is damn good but i like a lot of wrs in this potential class...

mark ingram is the class of the rb crop imo by a wide margin...

I really like the 5 players you just mentioned as well. I also like Prince, not as much as Peterson but I like him a lot.

there's probably 5 players in this draft if i was miami that i would move up for...luck, patrick peterson, mallet if he's close, aj green, and mark ingram

if mark ingram makes it to pick 15 i will be shocked...even though i know he won't wow anyone with his combine numbers...

aj green is damn good but i like a lot of wrs in this potential class...

mark ingram is the class of the rb crop imo by a wide margin...

I still haven questions about Mallet. He's got a cannon but I thought he made some really bad reads in the game against Miss. St. That to me is a bigger concern than mechanical issues. He made some throws to the sidelines where he never saw the linebacker sitting right there. If he throws that pass with some touch he could easily throw over the linebacker and put it in the receivers hands. Never saw that...but then he never saw the linebacker.

I certainly wouldn't want him on this team with Henning and David Lee in place. Neither of them have done anything to develop our QBs.

I still haven questions about Mallet. He's got a cannon but I thought he made some really bad reads in the game against Miss. St. That to me is a bigger concern than mechanical issues. He made some throws to the sidelines where he never saw the linebacker sitting right there. If he throws that pass with some touch he could easily throw over the linebacker and put it in the receivers hands. Never saw that...but then he never saw the linebacker.

I certainly wouldn't want him on this team with Henning and David Lee in place. Neither of them have done anything to develop our QBs.

i'm nervous about mallet also but i want to take a chance on a franchise qb...and i think he has all the tools...and yeah dan henning and david lee need to exit the building before i pull the trigger on a qb again...you can teach the kid to throw the ball over lbs etc...

i'm more worried though that mallet is a statue in the pocket...still i love the height the arm and guy makes a ton of plays in a very tough conference

la canfora just said miami could make moves with sparano out...wow...works for me

i also like his ****y attitude...we need some of that at the position

Back
Top Bottom