Andrew Luck.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck..

on a different note would the broncos fire mcdaniel already??? way to screw up what you had son...i knew that crap wouldn't work...you don't trade franchise qbs and wrs and get back what they got and make it

your big man on campus attitude is gonna get you canned...lmao

Would love to have him as our QB he is going to be great in the NFL I think we need to do what ever it takes to get him

I agree that we need to make a move for Luck. We are primed for it because we are in perfect position to trade picks for Luck. In other words, we have assembled some top drawer young talent, when you look at guys like Wake, Davis, Long, Bess, Marshall, Dansby et al. The major void is quarterback. Henne is not putrid but he is not what this team needs.

Miami is in the position that the Giants were in when they made a move for Eli, Jets were in when they made a move for Sanchez, Bears were in when they made a move for Cutler, Falcons were in when they made a move for Vick. We are that type of team. Making the trade makes sense.

The Panthers very well could be a willing trading partner. They need an infusion of talent and not a single player, even a quarterback. Buffalo is a concern if they get the number one pick. But they have been playing better lately and the Panthers have no redeeming qualities and are just putrid. Buffalo likely will win a game or two and Carolina just won't. St Pierre? I'm betting on Carolina with the number one pick.

Looking at the schedule, we likely win two more games to finish 7-9 (Detroit and Buffalo). Oakland will gash us like an open wound. Cleveland is on an uptick, we are not. Jets and Pats are on a different level. If Long goes on IR and Thiggy stays at qb, its possible we manage to win only one more game.

Look at the prior trades for Eli and Vick as parameters when they were the number one pick. What the Bears gave up for Cutler and Jets for Sanchez may be instructive. Unfortunately, with 7 wins, Miami likely picks around 12. When the Giants moved up for Manning, they were at 4 and the Falcons were at 5 when they moved for Vick. So, we will have to bring more ammo to the table. I think you start the bidding with 2011 number one, 2012 number one, Chad Henne, maybe two other players (like the Jets did for Sanchez), a 3rd and maybe another pick. Do not screw around. Make the deal. We still have young talent around Luck even if we trade some picks.

I actually think Miami may do this and be willing to outbid an Arizona or SF or Minn. We have lots of young talent and can afford to move some picks. Also, Ireland did step up last year and went for Marshall and Dansby. You gotta believe Ireland and Sparano know they need a qb for their own jobs. Its a qb driven league. "Follow the quarterbacks" when you determine who is going to win now. We need our guy or else we will continue middling along blaming line judges from Pittsburgh for our woes.

I think for the Dolphins to make such a move, as unlikely as it would be to make such a move, Sparano and Ireland would have to be outta here. And the new GM would have to do a lot of convincing to one Mr Stephen Ross that this is the appropriate measure.... because it's Ross' money we are talking about here.

I don't think Ireland waits a year or two for a young QB to develop. Ross wants to win now and Ireland would rather stick with Henne and build the rest of the team for 9-7 and 10-6 type seasons.

Good, but not good enough to win a super bowl.

One thing we have to remember is Stephen Ross is a University of Michigan guy so he's probably not done being Henne's cheerleader. Ross donated $100 Million to the University of Michigan school of business, money out of his own pocket. And he's big on Henne... I mean, Ross compared Henne to Dan Marino just before the season started !!!

And I don't think Ross' mandate to the GM is to wait a couple years to win while we trade the farm and develop a young QB like Luck.

I just don't think Ross and Ireland will ever make such a huge risk like trading the farm for a college QB (on top of having to pay him a $90 Million contract)... no matter how good he may become.

i'm nervous about mallet also but i want to take a chance on a franchise qb...and i think he has all the tools...and yeah dan henning and david lee need to exit the building before i pull the trigger on a qb again...you can teach the kid to throw the ball over lbs etc...

i'm more worried though that mallet is a statue in the pocket...still i love the height the arm and guy makes a ton of plays in a very tough conference

la canfora just said miami could make moves with sparano out...wow...works for me

i also like his ****y attitude...we need some of that at the position

Huh?

To whom is our FO next year:

GO GET ANDREW LUCK. GO. DO IT. DO IT. TRADE OUR PICKS. IT WILL BE WORTH IT. DO IT.

^
I wouldn't trade our best corner and our only true offensive weapon.

If Luck comes out it increases the Dolphins odds of landing Mallett, Locker or Newton if the team decides to go quarterback in the first. As far as Miami trading up for Luck the odds are stacked against it with so many other quarterback hungry teams likely to pick before the Dolphins. Miami would have to offer a package that includes some young talent and premium picks. Say Carolina picks first. Maybe they like a deal of Chad Henne, Sean Smith, Phillip Merling, #1 pick in 2011, #1 pick in 2012, #3 pick in 2011. Who knows, anything is possible but I'd look at Luck declaring as making those other quarterbacks more likely to drop.

Back
Top Bottom