Andrew Thomas | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Thomas

I do think Thomas might be a top five talent. I think he could make sense if Miami decides to get a quarterback in free agency or in a trade.

Miami taking Thomas top 5 would make me very sad. And Not because because he isn't a top 5 talent.

I would never take a center in the first round

I hope and expect the fins to trade the Houston pick for extra/future draft picks. Late 1st is always a good spot to find a team wanting back in for a specific guy.

Plus I don't want 3 first rounders in the same draft class. If they all hit you have them all coming due for new contracts at the same time. I would prefer to stagger that kind of thing.

Or we may keep drafting guys we don't want after 4-5 years and then it won't be an issue. :(

I hope and expect the fins to trade the Houston pick for extra/future draft picks. Late 1st is always a good spot to find a team wanting back in for a specific guy.

Plus I don't want 3 first rounders in the same draft class. If they all hit you have them all coming due for new contracts at the same time. I would prefer to stagger that kind of thing.

Or we may keep drafting guys we don't want after 4-5 years and then it won't be an issue. :(
I will gladly take three hits in the first round - Do you know how hard it is to hit period?? Search John Bosa and Eric Kumerow

If no Burrow, you absolutely should pick Thomas...then a Center with 1b or c. Fix our OL once and for all.

Maybe Rosen wont get clobbered now. If no Burrow, we gotta get behind Rosen for 2020

I like Thomas a lot but if there is a choice between him a Tua or Burrow, I have to go with the QB. If it's a simple choice between Thomas and Young then it's a lot closer. Think Thomas is a lock for one of the top 4 spots, he'll make a lot of money and probably one of the safest picks in the draft.

As a UGA fan Thomas is a stud and will be great, but he isnt the missing piece on the line. We need to go from center out especially if we go QB with 1A. We may have 1 starting guard and will likely sign one in FA and look for a C in late first early 2nd. T would be a great look in the 2nd round, some guys might fall especially with the depth of the class.

As a UGA fan Thomas is a stud and will be great, but he isnt the missing piece on the line. We need to go from center out especially if we go QB with 1A. We may have 1 starting guard and will likely sign one in FA and look for a C in late first early 2nd. T would be a great look in the 2nd round, some guys might fall especially with the depth of the class.
I don't understand why anyone who remembers long over Ryan would want Thomas at 4.
Also thank you. I have been saying for months this offense revolves around C. We need either Humphreys or baidasz in late 1st.

Not just the Long over Ryan fiasco but dismantling a roster and trading a proven LT in hopes of gaining a high pick then using that high pick on an LT? No thanks.

I still cringe when I think about us not only drafting Jake Long #1 overall but signing him before the draft. Were we the last team to do that? Looking back it seemed like we had no interest at all in Matt Ryan who hasn't won a Super Bowl but is nonetheless a franchise QB to build around.

That being said we shouldn't draft a QB high just to draft one Ala Mitch Trubisky or Blake Bortles.

I like Tua but the injuries do concern me. But we do have multiple first round picks to still get a QB outside the top 5. But I think there is a pretty good drop off after Burrow and Tua.

I don't think Long over Ryan is the clear cut historical mistake that some do...other than debilitating injuries which Long had no history of in college. No way do I buy in that we're a consistent playoff contender for the last decade with Ryan at QB with the huge issues we've had in other areas of the roster and staff.

I also don't think we need the tear down rebuild with one pick in mind...so the "you don't tear down the roster to pick a LT in the Top 5" is irrelevant. Obviously if a QB is there that you think is the Guy is there, that's the priority. If he's not there and you cant get a nice bundle of picks trading down, nothing wrong with grabbing a LT that can hold down that spot for the next decade and a half or so

Not just the Long over Ryan fiasco but dismantling a roster and trading a proven LT in hopes of gaining a high pick then using that high pick on an LT? No thanks.
Yea, gotta say a LT does not get a stamp of approval for all the moves collectively combined. I'd much rather gamble on Tua at 3.

We saw what we'd do with a great Tackle, and the Commodores. Wouldn't we just be repeating the same s*** we just did 3 years ago?

If it's Thomas or Tua, it's a no-brainer.

Back
Top Bottom