Andrew Thomas | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Thomas

I don't think Long over Ryan is the clear cut historical mistake that some do...other than debilitating injuries which Long had no history of in college. No way do I buy in that we're a consistent playoff contender for the last decade with Ryan at QB with the huge issues we've had in other areas of the roster and staff.

I also don't think we need the tear down rebuild with one pick in mind...so the "you don't tear down the roster to pick a LT in the Top 5" is irrelevant. Obviously if a QB is there that you think is the Guy is there, that's the priority. If he's not there and you cant get a nice bundle of picks trading down, nothing wrong with grabbing a LT that can hold down that spot for the next decade and a half or so
It’s not about tearing down a roster for one player. But why trade a potential All Pro LT then select an LT higher and hope you hit? That makes zero sense.

Imagine the fan base reaction if that new LT is a bust while Tunsil continues as an elite LT. Not a good way to restore trust.

It’s not about tearing down a roster for one player. But why trade a potential All Pro LT then select an LT higher and hope you hit? That makes zero sense.

Imagine the fan base reaction if that new LT is a bust while Tunsil continues as an elite LT. Not a good way to restore trust.
I get what youre saying. Though we had a nice haul of picks, Im not sure I would have traded Tunsil to be honest. Our best bet is probably to parley the late 1st rounder for him into more premier picks this year and next to increase the quantity as much as possible as even good drafts are 50-50 or so in hitting players.

I really hope the FO has a draft and FA plan that gets us to winning consistently...that is the only thing that is going to build trust back with the fans imo.

Any moves made in the past including the Tunsil trade should not factor in. That's how mistakes are made.

Choices are made in a case by case basis. In a vacuum.

You don't make a mistake to protect prior mistakes, lol.

Ok guys, trading Tunsil has nothing to do with whether or not to draft Thomas. Get use to trades like Tunsil. One year sooner rather than later. Look at what we got for him. Seriously. That's the future.
Now drafting Thomas with 1a...I mean really...really? If you need to be told why as a team in the position we are doesn't draft OT with the possible 4th pick overall...just watch more NFL. No, I mean in no way is Thomas in any way a consideration for Miami at 4.

That's like marrying a girl just because you left a better girl for her. You don't! You marry the right one at the right time regardless of the mistakes you might have made prior.

Actually, that behavior, making mistakes to avoid recognizing other choices might have been mistakes, ala Wannstedt, Sparano, Ireland and Philbin would be the first signal we should bail on this regime ASAP!

You know, schemes are that, schemes. The way you can scheme an offense to be QB dependent and all other positions be scheme driven production, you can also sheme a QB like say, Eason or Herbert, to be dependent on a good-great OL and good-great receivers.

They have the size and arm. They lack the 'pocket' in 'pocket passer'. They are plain 'passers'. They also aren't GREAT at reading defenses. That makes their 'pocket' game worse. Because they're slow making decisions.

All of this applies to Rosen too.

If you give them great OLs, running games and tall WRs then they can live and die by their arms.

Yea, gotta say a LT does not get a stamp of approval for all the moves collectively combined. I'd much rather gamble on Tua at 3.

We saw what we'd do with a great Tackle, and the Commodores. Wouldn't we just be repeating the same s*** we just did 3 years ago?

If it's Thomas or Tua, it's a no-brainer.
Also if we're really talking BPA, then I'd even take Jeudy before Thomas. You need not only a great football player at top 5, but you need someone you can sell to your fanbase. Give them a reason to consider buying a jersey. I can't even think at that with these decision making the past 15 years.

If you give them great OLs, running games and tall WRs then they can live and die by their arms.
The problem there is that having such a team is not easy and if your QB needs all of that in order to play well then he's just not very good. It is way easier to hit on ONE QB that can play good even if he doesn't have a great team around him than to find a great oline, RB plus great WR's......not saying is easy to hit on the right QB but it is easier to hit on one player than trying to hit on 10 players at the other positions. If we're just gonna look for a game manager then we orbably don't even need to draft a QB at all.

I want a real play maker with my top 5 pick and I hope Grier will not go for the "safe" pick once again.

I don't think betting on a first time medical miracle makes any sense. Just look at Dennis Pitta.

Shietz, I'll be surprised if Tua's legs are both the same length after the 6 wk weight bearing 'program'.

Back
Top Bottom