Andy Cohen: What We Learned From Workouts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Cohen: What We Learned From Workouts

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
When OTAs began more than a month ago, I singled out 10 players I was most interested in watching as the workouts evolved. With OTAs having ended on Thursday, and a five-week break in front of us for players and coaches, let's re-visit those 10 players and see what we've learned:

1. Ryan Tannehill: I'm not sure things could have gone any better. Tannehill clearly is back to 100 percent with no limitations. He arm strength, his agility, the way he goes about his job, have all been very impressive. He has embraced this offseason with enthusiasm and leadership and there is absolutely no reason to believe it won't continue in training camp. His 70-yard beauty to Danny Amendola may have been the best play of OTAs. Still, donning pads and taking a hit is another obstacle he must clear. Final thought: Sure looks good to go.

2. Linebacker Raekwon McMillan: The biggest concern was the knee he injured in the first preseason game last August and those concerns were alleviated through every practice. McMillan, like Tannehill, is back to 100 percent. He has once again embraced his role as the signal caller on defense and shown every reason to believe that he will make a major difference this season. I wondered when OTAs began about his level of confidence. I no longer have that concern. Final thought: He is healthy and primed to show why he was a worthy No. 2 pick a year ago.

8 more players here...

http://m.miamidolphins.com/news/art...Workouts/40ddfbc9-a0f4-4b53-9b0e-d6ce0282e96e

I can't even begin to articulate how much both of those two returning players mean to me. Im already a huge RT homer bit im also an Ohio State homer who desperately wanted to see Raekwon leading our defense.

I have little doubt McMillan knows the defense as well if not better than anyone who actually played in it last year.

"Teams" are created with guys like Raekwon McMillan.

Thanks for posting Nawledge :thumbsup

That's what we want to hear about our QB and startng MLB

Two more from the article

7. DB Minkah Fitzpatrick: "As good as advertised," is how Defensive Coordinator Matt Burke summed up his early impressions of this talented No. 1 pick. That's saying plenty given that he was considered just about a sure thing coming out of Alabama. Fitzpatrick has done nothing over the past six weeks to suggest he won't be an instant impact type of player. He is learning the defense quickly and has a confidence about him that should not be confused with ****iness. Final thought: Yes, after watching him carefully, "as advertised" is the best way to frame his first weeks here.

8. TE Mike Gesicki: It just took one play. One play to show us the package of skills this athletic tight end and No. 2 pick can bring to this offense. It was a long pass down the sideline from Tannehill, the only way Gesicki pulls it in is with one hand, and even then it's an iffy catch. But Gesicki made it look easy, snatching that ball with one hand and racing down the sideline. "This," he said, "is what I can do." And apparently do it awfully well. This is the deepest group of tight ends the Dolphins have had in a while. But Gesicki, certainly early on, appears to be the most dynamic playmaker of the group. Final thought: The Dolphins have needed this from the tight end position for far too long. Now it's about building on it this summer.

These guys will be big this season. Finally got a needed down field seam TE and Minhak should become an outstanding NFL player for us.

Feel good article and I definitely feel good banking and hoping its all true plus more cause it's been a long dry season for a long time around here sprinkled with about 3 hopeful seasons since Shula left.
1. Season 1 Dave Wanstant and the Ricky Williams show.
2. Bill Parcels and the Wildcat show.
3. Gase and what right now call the miracle season.

Its pretty tough though when we have Bill Billicheat and Brady in your division the past 20 or so seasons.

I miss Dolphin Digest in print format. AC always made you feel good no matter what had transpired the prior game.
Growing up in Indiana getting the Dolphin Digest was a highly anticipated event. It was even better when I could finally afford the express shipping so I could get it before the upcoming game. lol I probably had 10 yrs worth saved in boxes before I finally got rid of them.

I’m pretty optimistic at the moment but even I read absolutely nothing into OTA other than lack of injuries.

Feel good article and I definitely feel good banking and hoping its all true plus more cause it's been a long dry season for a long time around here sprinkled with about 3 hopeful seasons since Shula left.
1. Season 1 Dave Wanstant and the Ricky Williams show.
2. Bill Parcels and the Wildcat show.
3. Gase and what right now call the miracle season.

Its pretty tough though when we have Bill Billicheat and Brady in your division the past 20 or so seasons.
Look on the bright side. This year its going to be tough on the Patriots. I can't help it if we win the division and I don't believe the Patriots are going to stop us.

Back
Top Bottom