Andy Cohen: What We Learned From Workouts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Cohen: What We Learned From Workouts

Growing up in Indiana getting the Dolphin Digest was a highly anticipated event. It was even better when I could finally afford the express shipping so I could get it before the upcoming game. lol I probably had 10 yrs worth saved in boxes before I finally got rid of them.
I did the same damn thing - and you writing that you did it too made me feel a little less crazy and a little less guilty. I was in school in San Diego - I'd go to a sports bar and watch the Dolphin games every Sunday - I'd get the Dolphin Digest like 10 days after a game - so if they won a game and then lost a game I would be reading about a victory during a week when they lost - and then moved to South Carolina then North Carolina and dragged the old issues around with me all over the place. Why? I just did. Got married, bought a house - they were in a box in the basement - had kids sold the house moved to a house where the schools are better for the kids - then I trashed the box - it hurt to do it too.

I did the same damn thing - and you writing that you did it too made me feel a little less crazy and a little less guilty. I was in school in San Diego - I'd go to a sports bar and watch the Dolphin games every Sunday - I'd get the Dolphin Digest like 10 days after a game - so if they won a game and then lost a game I would be reading about a victory during a week when they lost - and then moved to South Carolina then North Carolina and dragged the old issues around with me all over the place. Why? I just did. Got married, bought a house - they were in a box in the basement - had kids sold the house moved to a house where the schools are better for the kids - then I trashed the box - it hurt to do it too.

Maybe this is the Dolphaholics anonymous meeting we’ve needed for a while. Lol

I think any of us over the age of 40 and remember a life without the net and cell phones had a sub to DD! Living in NC, I would tend to receive it on Saturdays and would run to the mailbox. About once a month it wouldn't arrive until the following Monday and the weekend was shot lol. I'm in the publishing business and my dream job was always wanting to be publisher of the DD!

We all love Cohen and he's needed to balance out Omar, but we have to remember who signs his checks and as far as I know has never written anything negative in 35+ years. He certainly feeds our inner FINZ beast though.

You can't learn much from workouts to be frank. The only thing you can take away is conditioning stuff, such as Tannehill looks healthy. Harris looks stronger, etc

The only solid things I take from the OTAs/minicamp is that Tannehill and McMillan are going full speed and don't seem to have lost any of their athleticism from their knee injuries.

I think the beat writers should do a parody of "What We Do in the Shadows." Call it "What We Do in the Off Season."

A flat consisting of Armando, Omar, Harvey Fialkov and Barry Jackson. Most of it would be trolling Darlington's Twitter...

He's just what we needed in this dog day off season. I may have left Parker off the list, but like it myself.

Growing up in Indiana getting the Dolphin Digest was a highly anticipated event. It was even better when I could finally afford the express shipping so I could get it before the upcoming game. lol I probably had 10 yrs worth saved in boxes before I finally got rid of them.
. That’s awesome. I saved mine too and finally tossed them in a move.

Did you here him give a little laugh after that catch?

To me that's what a competitor does in practice and on the field, unlike the dodos that spend more time practicing their celebration moves than studying the play book!

I noticed that the most notable passes were to Amendola and Gesicki. Hmmm, who are we missing here? Oh yeah, Our #1 pick Parker. As much as a homer A.C. is, he still couldn't dig up the hype file for this guy. This may be the last year of Devante.

Having seen sfa of the OTA'S, and read numerous reports on a dozen sites, Minkah, Quinn and Wilson are the three I am excited about from the newbies. I think all three are genuine game changers.

And to play devil's advocate, I would expect nothing less from Cohen, as he is employed by the Dolphins. It's kind of his job to fluff what's going on. We'll see soon enough

Back
Top Bottom