Andy Cohen: What We Learned From Workouts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Cohen: What We Learned From Workouts

I noticed that the most notable passes were to Amendola and Gesicki. Hmmm, who are we missing here? Oh yeah, Our #1 pick Parker. As much as a homer A.C. is, he still couldn't dig up the hype file for this guy. This may be the last year of Devante.

It’s been states he’s been what he has always been in the summer which is good.

He’s had a couple big plays. It’s not a talent issue with him, it’s a health and commitment. So far so good on both.

Cohen can for sure make you feel real good about our team.

No joke, im about ready to book my super bowl flights after reading that.

But really if Lippett is back healthy and Minkah is as advertised, I cant wait to see our secondary go at it, with Howard, Jones and Tankersley along side.

If there ever was a person who came into the room where you were being massaged, specifically for the happy ending, it would be Andy Cohen...

Lol..."HEY!!! Guess what I saw toda...oh, sorry about that, we'll talk later."

I can't even begin to articulate how much both of those two returning players mean to me. Im already a huge RT homer bit im also an Ohio State homer who desperately wanted to see Raekwon leading our defense.

I have little doubt McMillan knows the defense as well if not better than anyone who actually played in it last year.

"Teams" are created with guys like Raekwon McMillan.
What makes you say a guy who has taken 0 NFL snaps knows the defense better than Reshad Jones?

non conact OTAs? virtually nothing

Last edited:
Why will this year be tough for the Patriots?

This will be the first time that I can recall where the Patriots have simultaneously lost so many of their coaches along with their typical replacement of aging players. They are not a bad team, but they lost some games last year using their normal personnel and coaches and I believe they will loose more game this season for the reasons I just stated.

This will be exacerbated when they face a much more complete Dolphins team this year with Tannehill back as QB, a stouter offensive line, more and better passing targets, more and better running backs who can also catch and a defense that has an improved backfield and a better rushing attack along with several significant coaching improvements. Consider what we did to them last year and multiply that by two. I suspect that Buffalo will be tougher this year then others may think and will beat the Patriots at least once.

This division will not be a cake walk for the Patriots like it used to be!

I miss Dolphin Digest in print format. AC always made you feel good no matter what had transpired the prior game.

I remember paying for premium shipping and still getting it a week late. LOL those were some good times.
They use to toss in the Dolphins media guide every year when I renewed.

This will be the first time that I can recall where the Patriots have simultaneously lost so many of their coaches along with their typical replacement of aging players. They are not a bad team, but they lost some games last year using their normal personnel and coaches and I believe they will loose more game this season for the reasons I just stated.

This will be exacerbated when they face a much more complete Dolphins team this year with Tannehill back as QB, a stouter offensive line, more and better passing targets, more and better running backs who can also catch and a defense that has an improved backfield and a better rushing attack along with several significant coaching improvements. Consider what we did to them last year and multiply that by two. I suspect that Buffalo will be tougher this year then others may think and will beat the Patriots at least once.

This division will not be a cake walk for the Patriots like it used to be!
What other coach did they lose outside of Patricia? Over the past 20 years they've lost a number of coaches/players and have won the division with little challenge. Why would that change now?

What other coach did they lose outside of Patricia? Over the past 20 years they've lost a number of coaches/players and have won the division with little challenge. Why would that change now?

1) Patricia is the coach they lost.
2) His replacement for the DC position appears to be the Patriots Linebacker coach Brian Flores, but he will not get the title of Defensive Coordinator. Go figure that one out, I can't.
3) With the Patriots having almost lost their Offensive Coordinator, who only came back after a last minute intervention by the Patriots Front Office, and a Defensive Coordinator who is not the Defensive Coordinator, I imagine the internal operation of the coaching staff will not be as steady as it has been in the past.
4) Couple that with the loss of some prominent vets to the normal culling of higher priced players by the Patriots and I can see them loosing 2 or 3 more games than last year.
5) Consider that the Dolphins are now a much better team then the Dolphins that manhandled the Patriots last year and I can see us sweeping the Patriots this year.
6) Consider another division team has actually improved over the last couple of years and will also be able to defeat the patriots at least once this year.
7) Consider that the rest of the NFL has been improving and the Patriots, who are an excellent team, have not made any noticeable improvements this year and may have actually softened in a spot or two and the potential for even more losses becomes a possibility.

I feel all these things are more important than comparing personnel at specific positions. NFL football is the ultimate team game and I believe the Patriots are slightly weakened as a team due to some of the internal changes that have occurred. I also believe many other NFL teams have closed the gap with regards to the Patriots decade or more of prominence. I have been watching the Dolphins evolve due to the draft and free agency decisions over the last three years with Adam Gase as Head Coach and believe for all those reasons the time is at hand for the Dolphins to:
1) Get into the playoffs again (remember 2016).
2) Win the division. It was clear after last year after Gase can beat Belichick with an inferior team.
3) I think that having the Superbowl in Miami in 2020 is part of a plan by Steven Ross to be in that Superbowl.
4) I believe we have been watching the first steps of a new NFL dynasty growing here in Miami and that the next three years are going to be years where we contend for positions in the playoffs and the Superbowl. If you look at the last two seasons and can see the forward progress, then you can probably see where we are going to be in the near future. If you are locked looking into the past, prior to 2016, I am afraid you will miss the fun and excitement of the next three seasons.

1) Patricia is the coach they lost.
2) His replacement for the DC position appears to be the Patriots Linebacker coach Brian Flores, but he will not get the title of Defensive Coordinator. Go figure that one out, I can't.
3) With the Patriots having almost lost their Offensive Coordinator, who only came back after a last minute intervention by the Patriots Front Office, and a Defensive Coordinator who is not the Defensive Coordinator, I imagine the internal operation of the coaching staff will not be as steady as it has been in the past.
4) Couple that with the loss of some prominent vets to the normal culling of higher priced players by the Patriots and I can see them loosing 2 or 3 more games than last year.
5) Consider that the Dolphins are now a much better team then the Dolphins that manhandled the Patriots last year and I can see us sweeping the Patriots this year.
6) Consider another division team has actually improved over the last couple of years and will also be able to defeat the patriots at least once this year.
7) Consider that the rest of the NFL has been improving and the Patriots, who are an excellent team, have not made any noticeable improvements this year and may have actually softened in a spot or two and the potential for even more losses becomes a possibility.

I feel all these things are more important than comparing personnel at specific positions. NFL football is the ultimate team game and I believe the Patriots are slightly weakened as a team due to some of the internal changes that have occurred. I also believe many other NFL teams have closed the gap with regards to the Patriots decade or more of prominence. I have been watching the Dolphins evolve due to the draft and free agency decisions over the last three years with Adam Gase as Head Coach and believe for all those reasons the time is at hand for the Dolphins to:
1) Get into the playoffs again (remember 2016).
2) Win the division. It was clear after last year after Gase can beat Belichick with an inferior team.
3) I think that having the Superbowl in Miami in 2020 is part of a plan by Steven Ross to be in that Superbowl.
4) I believe we have been watching the first steps of a new NFL dynasty growing here in Miami and that the next three years are going to be years where we contend for positions in the playoffs and the Superbowl. If you look at the last two seasons and can see the forward progress, then you can probably see where we are going to be in the near future. If you are locked looking into the past, prior to 2016, I am afraid you will miss the fun and excitement of the next three seasons.

Sweeping the Patriots seems a bit far fetched, but I would say Miami has a better chance of winning two regular season games against NE in 2019 than any other team in the league.

Back
Top Bottom