Andy Dalton Sucks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Dalton Sucks

Just read an interesting piece that Mike Brown wanted to draft Kapernick but that Jay Gruden pushed hard for Dalton and convinced Brown that was the way to go. Makes me wonder about Gruden. The more I see and read of him the less I like him as a head coaching candidate.

Vontaze Burfict is all you need to know about how good Tobin is, UDFA probowler. Not that Tobin would leave Cinn, why would he?

Because he's not the General Manager. It's a large promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read an interesting piece that Mike Brown wanted to draft Kapernick but that Jay Gruden pushed hard for Dalton and convinced Brown that was the way to go. Makes me wonder about Gruden. The more I see and read of him the less I like him as a head coaching candidate.

Seeing Kaepernick regress as a passer and revert to running the ball when he is afraid to make a throw really sold me. He's playing like Mike Vick right now, only he's not a bad enough runner to run into the defense half the time like Vick.

I wouldn't want either of them unless I was the sort to base my QB evaluations on one number in a box score.

Kaepernick clearly has a higher ceiling but between his immaturity and his seeming inability to progress as a pocket quarterback, I'm not a fan. I'm curious to see what he can do this weekend against the Panthers. I expect a repeat performance of the first meeting (he was terrible and the Panthers won 10-9) but I'm not sold on Carolina in the playoffs. I don't trust that team coming off of a bye week in Ron Rivera/Cam Newton's first playoff game.

You guys missed my point. It's not about the QB it's about Gruden.

You guys missed my point. It's not about the QB it's about Gruden.

Right. I guess the point I tried and failed to make in response to your point is that I wouldn't want either of them. One's got a high ceiling but is going to take years to develop -- and you're not sure if he's mature enough to make it happen. The other has a low ceiling but seems more likely to reach it quickly.

If I'm an offensive coordinator looking to move up to a head coaching job, I probably bang the table for option #2 and try to move up sooner rather than later. Perhaps he did the Bengals no favors, but it was probably a shrewd move for his career.

Back
Top Bottom