Anibal Sanchez pitches no hitter for Marlins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anibal Sanchez pitches no hitter for Marlins

MikeO said:
This no-no is just pouring salt into the wound of Red Sox fans. He is pitching no hitters as Beckett leads MLB in home runs given up I believe (he is 1st or 2nd). Not to mention Anibel and Hanley are leading the Marlins to the playoffs as the Sox with 300 year old Mike Lowell and gopher-Josh Beckett will be sitting home.

When its all said and done, this MIGHT go down as the worst trade in the history of MLB. Or at least the worst trade in the last 15 years. Even worse than Zambrano for Kazimer.

Surprised Mike chimes in with a Sox reference in a Marlins thread.. Give this trade some more time.. All the players in the deal were very young with exception to Lowell.. Are you willing to say that Sanchez will be a better pitcher than Beckett will ever be.. Mind you he won a WS MVP..

GreenMonster said:
Surprised Mike chimes in with a Sox reference in a Marlins thread.. Give this trade some more time.. All the players in the deal were very young with exception to Lowell.. Are you willing to say that Sanchez will be a better pitcher than Beckett will ever be.. Mind you he won a WS MVP..

And that's all Beckett has done in his career (aside from getting hurt consistently). I am willing tos ayt that Sanchez MIGHT be a better pitcher in the long run. And MIGHT be a better pitcher than him today. (granted pitching in the NL helps him, but hey....thats the way it is)

Beckett has been a huge disapointment. Whenever I see him slated to start against the Yankees, it's a good feeling.

MikeO said:
And that's all Beckett has done in his career (aside from getting hurt consistently). I am willing tos ayt that Sanchez MIGHT be a better pitcher in the long run. And MIGHT be a better pitcher than him today. (granted pitching in the NL helps him, but hey....thats the way it is)

I usually dont agree with you but from watching them both I think Anibal will be the better pitcher

From Josh having constant blister problems, to just trying to overpower hitters, to just being flat out inconsistant this seems like a very good trade for us.

Anibal has been nothing short of amazing in his 13 starts this year

Phinz4Life said:
Beckett has been a huge disapointment. Whenever I see him slated to start against the Yankees, it's a good feeling.

Ha did you feel the same way in 2003.. I will admit Beckett has had a rough year but hasn't dropped off the map..

Great game Anibal, nobody wanted to include you in that trade but at the time we weren't giving up Papelbon or Lester so it became you..

Alex44 said:
I usually dont agree with you but from watching them both I think Anibal will be the better pitcher

From Josh having constant blister problems, to just trying to overpower hitters, to just being flat out inconsistant this seems like a very good trade for us.

Anibal has been nothing short of amazing in his 13 starts this year

Lots of pitchers have done great in 13 starts, not many pitchers have a WS MVP.. Not saying Anibal won't be better than Beckett, but the guy has 13 starts and a no-hitter, Beckett has 55 wins and a WS MVP.. I will still take Beckett at this point, this trade is gonna take a few more years to see who got the better end, these guys are still very young..

GreenMonster said:
Lots of pitchers have done great in 13 starts, not many pitchers have a WS MVP.. Not saying Anibal won't be better than Beckett, but the guy has 13 starts and a no-hitter, Beckett has 55 wins and a WS MVP.. I will still take Beckett at this point, this trade is gonna take a few more years to see who got the better end, these guys are still very young..

Beckett was never this consistant (except that one postseason run) thats my only point

Beckett is filled with so much potential but I think he also just happened to pitch the best games of his life when he needed to, other than that he was never that special, and thats watching his whole career in Florida.

Both guys still have a long way to go, but Im very confident in Anibal

Alex44 said:
Beckett was never this consistant (except that one postseason run) thats my only point

Beckett is filled with so much potential but I think he also just happened to pitch the best games of his life when he needed to, other than that he was never that special, and thats watching his whole career in Florida.

Both guys still have a long way to go, but Im very confident in Anibal

LOL Anibal is now consistent over 13 starts.. You probably thought Arroyo was gonna win the CY Young when he started hot..

GreenMonster said:
LOL Anibal is now consistent over 13 starts.. You probably thought Arroyo was gonna win the CY Young when he started hot..

Your missing the point kind of

Yes in his 13 starts he has a 2.28 ERA, thats as consistant as you can be through 13 starts dont you think?

What Im saying is both have potential, Beckett never really put his together for any period of time here other than 03, the whole world seems to know him as the guy who 1 hit the Yankees when 90% of the time as a Marlin he wasnt THAT good

Its going to take a while to see who got the better end of the deal of course, Im just saying dont rush to the conclusion Josh will be the better pitcher

Lots of players have put up great numbers in 15 starts or less, see Bronson Arroyo's 1st half of the season.. Most players don't have a career 3.83 era in 130+ starts or a WS MVP..

What Anibal is doing is great but its 13 starts, hitters haven't seen the guy, and he pitches in the NL.. When he has 10x this many starts do you think he will still be this dominate ever time out.. I will bet against it..

GreenMonster said:
Lots of players have put up great numbers in 15 starts or less, see Bronson Arroyo's 1st half of the season.. Most players don't have a career 3.83 era in 130+ starts or a WS MVP..

What Anibal is doing is great but its 13 starts, hitters haven't seen the guy, and he pitches in the NL.. When he has 10x this many starts do you think he will still be this dominate ever time out.. I will bet against it..

Whats Becketts excuse? This is the first time most guys have seen him and he is getting blasted

Remember everyone made their first 13 starts at some point, Clemens, Pedro, Nolan Ryan (im not saying he will ever be anywhere near as good as any of them) You dont get to 100 starts without 13

Alex44 said:
Whats Becketts excuse? This is the first time most guys have seen him and he is getting blasted

No excuse bad year.. It happens (see Dontrelle Willis).. I am still excited about having a pitcher like Beckett on the team..

GreenMonster said:
No excuse bad year.. It happens (see Dontrelle Willis).. I am still excited about having a pitcher like Beckett on the team..

Dontrelle has the lowest run support in the NL......under 3.8 runs a game....he hasnt pitched poorly at all other than a few starts early in the season

MikeO said:
This no-no is just pouring salt into the wound of Red Sox fans. He is pitching no hitters as Beckett leads MLB in home runs given up I believe (he is 1st or 2nd). Not to mention Anibel and Hanley are leading the Marlins to the playoffs as the Sox with 300 year old Mike Lowell and gopher-Josh Beckett will be sitting home.

When its all said and done, this MIGHT go down as the worst trade in the history of MLB. Or at least the worst trade in the last 15 years. Even worse than Zambrano for Kazimer.

Babe Ruth, who's he anyway? Just a fat guy with chicken legs?

Anyway this trade could turn out to be a terrible trade for the Red Sox but like my buddy Green Monster said let's give it some more time. Beckett, Hanley and Sanchez are all going to be on the same teams for at least 3 years so let's talk about it then.

As for the worst trade in the last 15 years, that's debateble when you have trades like:

Willis to the Marlins for Clement and others
Grady Sizemore, Cliff Lee and Brandon Phillips to Cleveland for Colon
Nathan and Lirano to the Twins for AJ
Schilling traded to the Red Sox for 4 prospects
Heathcliff Sclomb for Derek Lowe and Jason Varitek

Personally I think the Willis trade, Sizemore and Co. and Nathan/Liriano more are worse. But time will tell.

As I said let's wait a few years until we knock this trade. I'm not ready to induct Sanchez or Hanley into the Hall of Fame after 1 season (or 1 game).

Hey Alex if you could only have 1 pitcher would you rather have Anibal Sanchez or Dontrelle Willis.. ?

Back
Top Bottom