Anibal Sanchez pitches no hitter for Marlins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anibal Sanchez pitches no hitter for Marlins

GreenMonster said:
Lots of pitchers have done great in 13 starts, not many pitchers have a WS MVP.. Not saying Anibal won't be better than Beckett, but the guy has 13 starts and a no-hitter, Beckett has 55 wins and a WS MVP.. I will still take Beckett at this point, this trade is gonna take a few more years to see who got the better end, these guys are still very young..

Exactly. Let's wait and see when the scouting reports of Sanchez get out and hitters know (for example) he likes to throw a change up in the dirt when he's up on the count to lefties or he always starts off a right handed power hitter with a curveball. Let's see how he adjusts to that or when he gets hammered for the first time in his career.

People forget that guys like Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling weren't very good when they came up yet when they turned 27/28 (the prime of a pitcher usually) they started to hold their own. Beckett isn't even there yet so let's give him time. He obviously has the stuff and potential.

Plus for every Anibal Sanchez there's a Hideo Nomo right around the corner.

GreenMonster said:
Hey Alex if you could only have 1 pitcher would you rather have Anibal Sanchez or Dontrelle Willis.. ?

That would be really tough.....Dontrelle has pitched well this year despite his record...and has a 22 win season under his belt, is a great hitter and only 24

Id have to take Dontrelle

Ray Finkle said:
Babe Ruth, who's he anyway? Just a fat guy with chicken legs?

That wasn't a trade that was a SALE

and Kazimer for Zambrano is by far the WORST trade of the last 15 years. But this one might pass that.

Kazmier was a legit young, leftie, stud who Al Leiter and John Franco didn't like and had the front office run him out of town for a bum like Zambrano!!!

MikeO said:
and Kazimer for Zambrano is by far the WORST trade of the last 15 years. But this one might pass that.

Kazmier was a legit young, leftie, stud who Al Leiter and John Franco didn't like and had the front office run him out of town for a bum like Zambrano!!!

The reason why the Kazmir for Zambrano trade was so bad is because it was a move made out of clear stupidity. The move for Beckett wasn't. It was getting a 26 year old proven big game winner who could turn into the future ace of the team. Which still could happen. Just give the trade a few more years. You really can't judge a trade realistically for a few years.

The Liriano trade might be an even worse trade than the Kazmir one. Because not only did the Twins had a young legit leftie stud but a very good closer. While the Giants were stuck with AJ for a year and then let him walk.

I still think the Sizemore, Lee, Phillips for Colon deal was a bad one. Very good trade for Cleveland especially considering Colon did nothing to help the Expos and left after the year.

Ray Finkle said:
Exactly. Let's wait and see when the scouting reports of Sanchez get out and hitters know (for example) he likes to throw a change up in the dirt when he's up on the count to lefties or he always starts off a right handed power hitter with a curveball. Let's see how he adjusts to that or when he gets hammered for the first time in his career.

People forget that guys like Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling weren't very good when they came up yet when they turned 27/28 (the prime of a pitcher usually) they started to hold their own. Beckett isn't even there yet so let's give him time. He obviously has the stuff and potential.

Plus for every Anibal Sanchez there's a Hideo Nomo right around the corner.

If it were Sanchez for Beckett straight up you MIGHT have a case. But you also gave up an ALL STAR shortstop in the deal (when you really don't have a shortstop of your own). And were forced to take on Lowell's contract (which if you believe that the Sox have a budget they live by, hinders you in other ways).

Not to mention getting rid of Marte for Crisp also looks like an horrible deal. If the Sox had Hanley, Marte, and Sanchez......there would be some long-term hope.

Crisp is the 2nd coming of Renteria (1 and done in Boston). Lowell is on his final year or 2 as a player. And Beckett is nothing to write home about.

The best offseason move for the Yanks last year was Theo staying in Boston. And it cost the Yanks nothing!!! LOL

MikeO said:
If it were Sanchez for Beckett straight up you MIGHT have a case. But you also gave up an ALL STAR shortstop in the deal (when you really don't have a shortstop of your own). And were forced to take on Lowell's contract (which if you believe that the Sox have a budget they live by, hinders you in other ways).

Not to mention getting rid of Marte for Crisp also looks like an horrible deal. If the Sox had Hanley, Marte, and Sanchez......there would be some long-term hope.

Crisp is the 2nd coming of Renteria (1 and done in Boston). Lowell is on his final year or 2 as a player. And Beckett is nothing to write home about.

The best offseason move for the Yanks last year was Theo staying in Boston. And it cost the Yanks nothing!!! LOL

Again I'm going to wait before I judge the trade.

You might be right. He hasn't done anything since 2004 except make bad signings (Clement, Renteria, Seanez, Taveras) and bad trades (Bard and Meredith for Mirabelli, Riske for Lopez). The FO needs to prove themselves for me to get behind them. Maybe their farm system really is the future but until then I can't back them.

I'll take the A.J. Pierzynski for Joe Nathan, Francisco Liriano, and Boof Bonser as the worst (or best, depending on the perspective) trade in a long time. An All Star closer, a rookie who might have won the Cy had he stayed healthy, and another productive MLB pitcher for a guy who was nearly run out of town in a month and was in 6. Brian Sabean still hurts over that one. Especially when Benitez keeps blowing saves.

RWhitney014 said:
I'll take the A.J. Pierzynski for Joe Nathan, Francisco Liriano, and Boof Bonser as the worst (or best, depending on the perspective) trade in a long time. An All Star closer, a rookie who might have won the Cy had he stayed healthy, and another productive MLB pitcher for a guy who was nearly run out of town in a month and was in 6. Brian Sabean still hurts over that one. Especially when Benitez keeps blowing saves.

Oh I agree. Especially since Pierzynski was a clubhouse cancer for the Giants and left after 1 year.

Liriano could be the best pitcher in baseball this time next year.

mark my words Johan Santana is goona throw a perfect game or no hitter one of these day...may even be today...

Jt0323 said:
mark my words Johan Santana is goona throw a perfect game or no hitter one of these day...may even be today...

You don't have to throw a no-hitter to be great.. Pedro, Clemens, so many other greats never have while Kent Mercker, Jose Jimenez, and Bud Smith have.. Santana is just a stud of a pitcher..

GreenMonster said:
You don't have to throw a no-hitter to be great.. Pedro, Clemens, so many other greats never have while Kent Mercker, Jose Jimenez, and Bud Smith have.. Santana is just a stud of a pitcher..
im not saying that but im saying when he pitches really great he only gives up 2-3 hits...i have a feeling one day hes goona get a nono...but you dont have to be great to pitch a no hitter...examples...David Wells, David Cone...no they both were good but not great

GreenMonster said:

Who? What have they done lately?

Exactly why people shouldn't be killing the Beckett for Hanley and Sanchez trade yet.

Sanchez could be the next Bud Smith while Beckett could turn into Curt Schilling, Jr. A lot can happen over the course of a year.

Ray Finkle said:
Who? What have they done lately?

Exactly why people shouldn't be killing the Beckett for Hanley and Sanchez trade yet.

Sanchez could be the next Bud Smith while Beckett could turn into Curt Schilling, Jr. A lot can happen over the course of a year.

true dat.

Back
Top Bottom