Another Positive Aspect of Ray | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Positive Aspect of Ray

That is true, but now we will all find out how much that has to do with Jay and how much it has to do with the team. Either way it is a win win situation. We either find a better QB or shut up the Jay bashers once and for all.

Here's another positive aspect of Lucas:

At least he's not Fiedler!

It's not, they're both basically the same calibur QB IMO. I'll be happier if Gadston and Chambers are out.

I know you guys want to spin this Feidler injury to a positive but be honest for a minute. You just lost one of the top QB's in the AFC and replaced him with a career backup who's claim to fame is he's one of the best QB's evry at Rutgers for christ sake.

He may play a great game Sunday but that doesn't make it an upgrade or even and even swap with Jay as some of you folks are trying to say.

Good luck Sunday, lets hope no one else gets dinged up.

You'll see man... Ray will show that he can start for a lot of teams in the NFL, in fact, I think this will help the dolphins in the long run because Ray's stock will go up and he will be worth more in a trade next year to a team that wants or needs him to start.

I point you to the perfect season. In 1972 HOF quarterback Bob Griese was replaced by Earl Morrall for nine regular season games due to injury. Morrall went undefeated for the nine games and the Dolphins went to the playoffs where he guided the team to the AFC championship game. Then came in Bob Griese, off the bench, to complete that game and deliver the mighty Phins to the NFL's only undefeated season by winning Super Bowl VII against Washington.

So I guess you could say that there is some history of success as a Dolphins backup.

Originally posted by RobertHoover
I know you guys want to spin this Feidler injury to a positive but be honest for a minute. You just lost one of the top QB's in the AFC and replaced him with a career backup who's claim to fame is he's one of the best QB's evry at Rutgers for christ sake.

He may play a great game Sunday but that doesn't make it an upgrade or even and even swap with Jay as some of you folks are trying to say.

2 months ago every Bills fan was saying the Jay isn't even a 3rd string callliber QB and we will never win a big game with him. Now that he went down you would think we just lost Dan Marino if you listen to them.

The NFL is a different animal now nate, that season was 5 years before you were born.

Maybe Ray will be ok, he most likely will do ok but the spin here has been Ray is the next great QB and there is no drop-off from Jay to him. Thats just not the case. There is a reason he isn't a starter in the NFL after all these years.

Originally posted by Dajesus

2 months ago every Bills fan was saying the Jay isn't even a 3rd string callliber QB and we will never win a big game with him. Now that he went down you would think we just lost Dan Marino if you listen to them.

Not every Bills fan D. Jay's a big loss though, he is your starter for a reason.

For once I agree with a Bills fan but I have all the confidence in Lucas ..I know he wants to prove that he can be a starting QB in this league..Ray Lucas is a free agent at the end of this year and his performance from next four games will decide if he gets a shot at being a starter some where or be back up for the remainder of his career...

I'm not saying I prefer Lucas over Jay. I was just quoting a little history. How about Mitchell in 1993?(I was 15) Or Huard in 1999 winning 4 of 5?(21) The Dolphins have a history of having well prepared players on the bench. Not only do they play well, but they win.

Originally posted by bills_phan
It's not, they're both basically the same calibur QB IMO. I'll be happier if Gadston and Chambers are out.

im just wondering if those two are out, and we still kick your ass, what you will be saying. im sure you and your cohorts will make up crap to cover up your downfalls as ussual. i know i am happy about a couple of things. that taylor will use jonas jennings as a practice dummy and that adewale ogunleye will use that backup RT. drew could be in for trouble. and what would happen if your preciaus drew were suddenly out! ooh boy!

The NFL is a different animal now nate, that season was 5 years before you were born.

Maybe Ray will be ok, he most likely will do ok but the spin here has been Ray is the next great QB and there is no drop-off from Jay to him. Thats just not the case. There is a reason he isn't a starter in the NFL after all these years.

yeah, its called opportunity. and now he has an opportunity. i will just say this: bill parcells believes in this kid, thats enough for me. and he was the only other guy to give him an opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom