Another Positive Aspect of Ray | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Positive Aspect of Ray

Originally posted by Dajesus

2 months ago every Bills fan was saying the Jay isn't even a 3rd string callliber QB and we will never win a big game with him. Now that he went down you would think we just lost Dan Marino if you listen to them.

i could see that coming like a bob mathews pro- bills article.:lol:

Originally posted by finfan54

yeah, its called opportunity. and now he has an opportunity. i will just say this: bill parcells believes in this kid, thats enough for me. and he was the only other guy to give him an opportunity.

Ray had the opportunity 54. He signed with the Fish knowing he would be a backup. He could have gone someplace to start but no other teams gave him that shot.

Maybe these next 4-5 games will make him rich like the few games did for Mitchell or the one game in Jacksonville did for Rob Johnson.

Originally posted by RobertHoover

Ray had the opportunity 54. He signed with the Fish knowing he would be a backup. He could have gone someplace to start but no other teams gave him that shot.

Maybe these next 4-5 games will make him rich like the few games did for Mitchell or the one game in Jacksonville did for Rob Johnson.

Actually he signed with Miami to challange for starting job but after training camp was over, Fiedler had out played Lucas and that when Lucas said he was just the back up to Fiedler..You guys forgot about that?

Lucas was brought originally to challenge for starting job but he wasn't any better than Fiedler at that point .........Anyways I think Lucas has mature and has improved his accuracy since then and that why I don't have any problems with Lucas..

When Ray went to Miami he knew the job was Jay's to loose. He said as much in the NJ papers. (it's where he's from and played college ball) Miami was the only team to want him enough (as a backup) to make an offer.

I'm not saying Ray isn't a solid backup, he's just a drop-off from Feidler that's all.

I agree with RobertHoover. It is definately a drop off. When it comes to pure passing skills, Ray is better. All the other intangibles that come with being a QB, Jay has the edge, and he is a pretty good passer. Jay is definately the better QB, and his presence will be missed. On a side not, Lucas was a restricted free agent. Since we made the offer, we were the only place he had a chance to go. Its not like he had choices......

He had choices 31, yes Miami made the offer but he shopped to plenty of teams. Miami was just the only one to make an effort to get him.

And I'm sure Ray will play a smart controlled game Sunday, that's always been his style.

Originally posted by BMarion31
I agree with RobertHoover. It is definately a drop off. When it comes to pure passing skills, Ray is better. All the other intangibles that come with being a QB, Jay has the edge, and he is a pretty good passer. Jay is definately the better QB, and his presence will be missed. On a side not, Lucas was a restricted free agent. Since we made the offer, we were the only place he had a chance to go. Its not like he had choices......
from the limited amount of play that ray had, he looked good to me!;)

I think so too. After this game against that sorry excuse for a defense, he'll look like a Probowler......

Originally posted by BMarion31
I think so too. After this game against that sorry excuse for a defense, he'll look like a Probowler......
as far as our injuries go, i'd really like to know how much is true and how much is a smoke screen. i mean we know wanny likes to play that ****!:(

If its pissing us off, imagine how frustrated the Bills coaching staff is. Wanny is an evil genious......

hey hoov............ your avatar looks like a red(upper), with a bills logo. do you take that before or after the game!LMAO

Originally posted by dolfan06
hey hoov............ your avatar looks like a red(upper), with a bills logo. do you take that before or after the game!LMAO
most likely, after................:lol: :evil:

Here is another positve aspect to all of our injury problems, Ray has been 2nd string, Dedric and Mcknight have been 2nd string. See where I am going with this? If not these are the 2 guys Ray has been throwing passes to on a reg basis since Jay came back from the hip. Obviously I can't spin this to be better than having our starters, but at least these guys are on the same page. All the Bills' fans can use Jay going down to justify their average team knocking off one of the NFL's elite, but i jst don't see it happening. Not with this depth, defense, and Ricky. I honestly beleave Ray will play like he should have been #1 from the start.

I think Ray will be a kind of a double edged sword. The offense could be more explosive with him in the game but it could also be more mistake prone.

I don't think it matters who plays QB agasint the Bills defense.......
:billsbite

Back
Top Bottom