Anquan Boldin Makes the Pro Bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anquan Boldin Makes the Pro Bowl

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Eddie Moore sits on IR.

I'm not one who usually starts threads like this. But it's been a hot topic since the draft.

Anyway, Anquan Boldin was the only rookie to reach the Pro Bowl this year. He's only 5 catches away from breaking the rookie reception record.

I'm all for giving Eddie Moore a chance. But I'm sure glad we decided not to select the local boy from the muck. I mean, 86 for 1,228 and 7?? Ghastly. The Chambers/Boldin tandem is such a turnoff.

But he would have solved our WR problems. Would have been one less thing to worry about. :(

HE certainly couldve have made it in this offense, look at Arizona's Offense, crappy QBs, no running game, at least we have arunning game, Arizona blows, who knows hwat he couldve done here...

^i suppose you're right, but who knows if he even would've gotten a sniff. heck, they played a practice squader ahead of tolver...i'm convinced that our coaching staff is retarded.

He w/have made a nice compliment to CC. I guess the FO never had any idea we w/get Jr when they drafted Moore, but I do not remember now.... if they knew that :nono:

look at his stats closer.

Going into last sundays game, 77 of his 79 receptions came while Arizona was tied or losing.

56 of his 79 receptions came in games they lost by 15+ points.

2 of his best 4 games cames in losses of a combined 55 points

Most of his receptions have come in 3 and 4 WR sets.

32 teams passed on Boldin, including Arizona twice, who also drafted a WR in the first round.

Lets be serious, Boldin wouldn't have put up half those stats in Miami. Its all a mute point, because Boldin has alot to prove, and no one will ever know what he could do in a real offense.

Not trying to take anything away from him, he deserves his accolades.

Originally posted by Stamos

Going into last sundays game, 77 of his 79 receptions came while Arizona was tied or losing.

32 teams passed on Boldin, including Arizona twice, who also drafted a WR in the first round.

Lets be serious, Boldin wouldn't have put up half those stats in Miami. Its all a mute point, because Boldin has alot to prove, and no one will ever know what he could do in a real offense.

Sorry man...The guy has skills..You don't have 86 reception just by accident even if those reception came when the team was pass happy because they were down.The guy has everything you look for in a WR.Scary part of it is that he just a rookie.

Boldin = Special Player

Before the draft people said he was slow ...BLAH BLAH..

I said the guy is a playmaker and will be NFL.Too bad Dolphins decided to draft a special team player and missed out te real special player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arizona sucks. They're always a shoo-in to be trailing or getting blown out in most games. So it isn't like Boldin didn't produce when they were ahead or in games they won. The Cardinals simply weren't ahead much and didn't win alot of games. ;)

He wouldn't have put up those numbers here because we didn't have the QB to get him the ball or the OL to protect that QB. But he did his part in Arizona. :)

the knock on him on draft day was speed...right???

well he has looked pretty damn quick to me when he's running with the ball in his hands!!!

Classic case of people putting too much stock into 40 times and not enough into game film. He never was a 4.3 guy. But he could run. The ACL zapped some of that speed he had in high school. But he's still a great player in the open field. Always has been.

I guess Ricky sucks. He gets most of his yards at the end of the game when we're ahead?

Which is precisely my point. What would've he done in Miami, a team with already well above average talent at RB, WR, and TE.

Like you said, we couldn't block for either QB this year, what good is another pass catcher gonna do. Would he have put up better numbers then DT, probably.

I am just putting his numbers in perspective. Boldin has "arrived" but he is far from "established".

Which is precisely my point. What would've he done in Miami, a team with already well above average talent at RB, WR, and TE.

Like you said, we couldn't block for either QB this year, what good is another pass catcher gonna do. Would he have put up better numbers then DT, probably.

I am just putting his numbers in perspective. Boldin has "arrived" but he is far from "established".

The point is that if he was on the team, we'd be able to throw more. He gets incredible separation. We'd be able to throw on 1st down to more than Chambers or McMichael. We'd be able to have people pay attention to the passing game a little more, and get Ricky an extra 10-40 yards a game getting this team more points. He won't make us Super Bowl bound- because we have no QB- but he will definitely win more games.

He has so many receptions when they are losing because Arizona is always losing. It isn't his fault that he plays on such a bad team. The guy has 1,200 yards and he has it because he has talent and has played well, not because Arizona is always losing and puts a lot of WRs on the field.

Boldin would have been a better pick than Moore. If he came here and showed off his skills, he would have gotten playing time. Would he have gotten 1200 yards? Probably not. Would he have been more productive than Derrius Thompson? I think so.

Back
Top Bottom