Anquan Boldin Makes the Pro Bowl | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anquan Boldin Makes the Pro Bowl

So i guess opposing defenses are not trying to stop the cardinals when they are ahead... the only offensive option they have and he still gets the ball... we cant get the ball to chambers at times and we have rw and randy... to me this is just another example of how daves horrible personel choices have killed us throughout his tenture.. bye dave! hope you learned your lesson... offense is needed to help win a game as well.

Originally posted by blingbling2334

The point is that if he was on the team, we'd be able to throw more. He gets incredible separation. We'd be able to throw on 1st down to more than Chambers or McMichael. We'd be able to have people pay attention to the passing game a little more, and get Ricky an extra 10-40 yards a game getting this team more points. He won't make us Super Bowl bound- because we have no QB- but he will definitely win more games.

the passing game will be more effective when the o-line starts blocking consistantly and the qb starts hitting his recievers consistantly...and neither boldin nor marvin harrison will change that.

Oh, NOWWWWWWWW he has skills? Go back and read all of my threads in March-April where most of you called me crazy.

well I guess since everyone's hindsight is better then mine, and I look at things from a big picture, I'll just join the masses and say....

Boldin would've been the star WR we needed to be a playoff team in 03. We should've drafted him, cause afterall, he did so much to warrant such high expectations.

Its a shame Eddie Moore sucks so bad.

I can agree with Stamos on a few points. I highly doubt Boldin has more than 55 catches at this point, if he's a Dolphin. How many times does he get the ball a game? The guy gets thrown to A LOT. But he would solve our WR problems for a long time, as he'd be a great #2 WR. Boldin/Chambers would be a top 3 tandom in the league.

Now, with needs in other areas, we are stuck looking for one or two receivers.

Originally posted by Stamos
well I guess since everyone's hindsight is better then mine, and I look at things from a big picture, I'll just join the masses and say....

Boldin would've been the star WR we needed to be a playoff team in 03.

dude, nobody's saying that

Originally posted by Muck
...I'm all for giving Eddie Moore a chance. But I'm sure glad we decided not to select the local boy from the muck. I mean, 86 for 1,228 and 7?? Ghastly. The Chambers/Boldin tandem is such a turnoff.

Boldin would not have got any playing time with us. We did NOT even get enough passes to our #1 WR in Chambers.

We drafted Eddie Moore because you need a top pick to be able to step in right away. Moore would have got plenty of playing time immediately if he had not met the Marlins infield dirt.

We did, however, draft the poor mans Boldin in JR Tolver. Here is why we did not give Tolver a shot...

QUESTION 6. Fans think sometimes that you just run out there, get open and catch it. What is the best example you can give to explain how complicated any single play is?

Chris CHAMBERS: ``Explode slot right zoom 73 snap or pump. I have to know which side I'm lining up on, then I have to shift to another side and then motion to the other side. I have to read a tough coverage, like a cover 2, and make a decision based on my read of the secondary on whether I'm going inside or outside, and I have to be on the same page with Jay [Fielder] on it. I can't get bumped off my route to disrupt timing, and I have to know that I'm going 15 yards, but I may have to cut it short if something goes wrong because Jay is going to cut it short. That's one play. We have hundreds like that.''

Our system is too complicated to have a rookie step in. Tolver did have experience in a similar system. But, Thompson had more NFL experience in this system.

TOLVER should get a shot at the #2 or #3 spot next year with another spring training...and working with the QB's gaining confidence in the system...whatever it is.

628_photo.jpg

New England Patriot Cheerleaders working their day job.

Originally posted by Stamos

So is everyone sitting around just wondering what if?

pretty much, he could've been the other half of a great WR tandem for years... but the homer goggles gotta be pretty thick to think AB would've solved this team's probelms

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

the passing game will be more effective when the o-line starts blocking consistantly and the qb starts hitting his recievers consistantly...and neither boldin nor marvin harrison will change that.

9 men in the box < 7 men in the box.

The fact that people can't just cover Ricky would extremely help him, no? I agree that the o-line has its problem and needs to address it, but you can't just blame it on him. Thompson can't get separation for S**T. OG isn't used much, and McKnight still hasn't proved to be a #2.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Oh, NOWWWWWWWW he has skills? Go back and read all of my threads in March-April where most of you called me crazy.

I wasn't here in April. I said the some thing on ESPN.

Re: Re: Anquan Boldin Makes the Pro Bowl

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

Boldin would not have got any playing time with us. We did NOT even get enough passes to our #1 WR in Chambers.

We drafted Eddie Moore because you need a top pick to be able to step in right away. Moore would have got plenty of playing time immediately if he had not met the Marlins infield dirt.

We did, however, draft the poor mans Boldin in JR Tolver. Here is why we did not give Tolver a shot...

QUESTION 6. Fans think sometimes that you just run out there, get open and catch it. What is the best example you can give to explain how complicated any single play is?

Chris CHAMBERS: ``Explode slot right zoom 73 snap or pump. I have to know which side I'm lining up on, then I have to shift to another side and then motion to the other side. I have to read a tough coverage, like a cover 2, and make a decision based on my read of the secondary on whether I'm going inside or outside, and I have to be on the same page with Jay [Fielder] on it. I can't get bumped off my route to disrupt timing, and I have to know that I'm going 15 yards, but I may have to cut it short if something goes wrong because Jay is going to cut it short. That's one play. We have hundreds like that.''

Our system is too complicated to have a rookie step in. Tolver did have experience in a similar system. But, Thompson had more NFL experience in this system.

TOLVER should get a shot at the #2 or #3 spot next year with another spring training...and working with the QB's gaining confidence in the system...whatever it is.

WHat are you talking about?The way Greenwood play this year;Eddie Moore would have been lucky to see any playing time.Boldin would have never gotten any play time?Who outside of Chambers is any good?The Dolphins got so despret that Gadsen was resign.

Originally posted by blingbling2334

9 men in the box &lt; 7 men in the box.

The fact that people can't just cover Ricky would extremely help him, no? I agree that the o-line has its problem and needs to address it, but you can't just blame it on him. Thompson can't get separation for S**T. OG isn't used much, and McKnight still hasn't proved to be a #2.

behind this line, 3 men in the box is all the defense needs...sad but true. i've seen several teams get to the fiedler/griese rushing only three.

if the line doesn't give the play more than 2 nanoseconds to set up, it may as well be montana/rice and the play will still get blown up.

i agree about our WRs though

Re: Re: Re: Anquan Boldin Makes the Pro Bowl

Originally posted by minus
WHat are you talking about?The way Greenwood play this year;Eddie Moore would have been lucky to see any playing time.Boldin would have never gotten any play time?Who outside of Chambers is any good?The Dolphins got so despret that Gadsen was resign.

I was talking about as a special teamer and as a nickle LB. Eddie Moore has very good cover skills. He also would have been the top backup at both outside LB positions. He would have logged plenty of playing time.

Gadsden is NOT getting much playing time. The #2 WR position is basically getting split between THOMPSON & McKNIGHT.

Obviously, our TE is more important as a receiver than the #2 WR. But, we need to get at least 3 receptions out of the #2 WR.

It is much more disturbing that we have not been getting the ball enough to CHAMBERS.

Back
Top Bottom