Anthony Richardson! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anthony Richardson!

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
I don’t think that Miami will draft him, we may not even be in position to draft him, He is not a plug and play starter or even close to a sure thing. But here is why I think if he falls to round 2 Miami needs to take him.

- He’s a big QB with a big arm, he can make defenders miss at an elite rate and launch the ball. With waddle and hill on the outside it could be dangerous.

- He’s an elite running QB, those short yardage 3rd and 4th down conversions we’ve struggled with would be a lot easier.

-He’d open up a ton in the run game and let Mcdaniel really get creative with a run first offense.

- He’s basically the complete polar opposite QB of Tua. He has a huge bust potential, he’s highly inaccurate and inconsistent. But we could draft him as Tuas back up with sub packages and develop him slowly. And have Tua insurance with a QB who has the physical tools of a Josh Allen type.

That's right, and that is why we should pass even in the seventh round. There will be better options.
But his upside is elite, and if he hits with this roster we could be looking like the eagles are now with Jalen Hurts

But his upside is elite, and if he hits with this roster we could be looking like the eagles are now with Jalen Hurts

I do not like it, 54% completion percentage this year. Jalen Hurts had 70% completion percentage in his last season at OU. It's not close. Richardson needs to stay in school and learn the craft, he will not learn in the NFL.
No, we need to target better options if we want a running QB, there are much better options, better quarterbacks in the draft:
Dorian Thompson Robinson: 70% completions, 631 rushing yards, 11 rushing TDs.
Cameron Rising: 66% completions, 409 rushing yards, 6 rushing TDs.
Hendon Hooker: 70% completions, 430 rushing yard, 5 rushing TDs.

Last edited:
Hebron Hooker has a torn ACL, Anthony Richardson outplayed and beat Cameron Rising in their head to head game and he doesn’t project as a running QB in NFL. DTR is gonna have same size limitations as Tua he’s 6’1 200 pounds jalen hurts wasn’t a very accurate QB in his first few years he made a massive leap his final season in college when he left SeC. I just think if you’re gonna move on from Tua or get someone to compete/groom behind him you want the guy with the most physical tools. I watched every snap Richardson played in college. And a lot of his issues are mental and mechanical which can be coached to improve. And his best plays were all just because he’s such a physical freak of nature, and can sense pressure

Anthony Richardson outplayed and beat Cameron Rising in their head to head game and he doesn’t project as a running QB in NFL.

Nobody cares about head to head match ups.
If they draft Richardson, he needs to start immediately and needs to play all the time, because like Josh Allen or Trey Lance he needs playing time to improve, because he sucks! And the team cannot worry much about wins and playoffs.
I would not roll the dice on your beliefs. I believe in facts, like completion percentage. There are probably 10 quarterbacks I'd rather draft in second round than Anthony Richardson.

Last edited:
Richardson will not be on the board when we pick
nervous mickey mouse GIF

Absolutely 0 chance he falls to round 2. His upside is the best out of all QBs in the draft but it’s got to be coached and he needs minimum 1 year to sit and learn and possibly even 2.

Somebody WILL draft him top 10 bc the NFL loves the underwear Olympics and he will show the hell out at the combine and pro day. Plus he has a friggin bazooka for an arm and we know how much NFL scouts love that.

If he reaches his full potential he’s an all pro caliber kid but chances are his full potential will never be reached bc these really raw kids with super physical abilities almost never pan out. It has to be the right team right city right coach and that’s extremely hard to do.

Absolutely 0 chance he falls to round 2. His upside is the best out of all QBs in the draft but it’s got to be coached and he needs minimum 1 year to sit and learn and possibly even 2.

Somebody WILL draft him top 10 bc the NFL loves the underwear Olympics and he will show the hell out at the combine and pro day. Plus he has a friggin bazooka for an arm and we know how much NFL scouts love that.

If he reaches his full potential he’s an all pro caliber kid but chances are his full potential will never be reached bc these really raw kids with super physical abilities almost never pan out. It has to be the right team right city right coach and that’s extremely hard to do.
I do agree with you. But at the same time a lot of the same media hype surrounded Malik Willis last year and he slipped to round 3. I don’t think it’s likely but definitely don’t think it’s impossible either cause he’s not a surefire NFL QB

I do agree with you. But at the same time a lot of the same media hype surrounded Malik Willis last year and he slipped to round 3. I don’t think it’s likely but definitely don’t think it’s impossible either cause he’s not a surefire NFL QB
He’s a sure fire NFL QB without a doubt. Whether whoever drafts him can coach him into one will be the question. If whoever drafts him could get him to play up to say even 75-80% of what he could be you’re looking at a pro bowl level player.

If they can fix his mechanics and work with him on accuracy that kid could be a top 3 in the league kind of guy. He’s got ALL the tools and then some. Whether he can put it all together will be the question.

He’s a sure fire NFL QB without a doubt. Whether whoever drafts him can coach him into one will be the question. If whoever drafts him could get him to play up to say even 75-80% of what he could be you’re looking at a pro bowl level player.

If they can fix his mechanics and work with him on accuracy that kid could be a top 3 in the league kind of guy. He’s got ALL the tools and then some. Whether he can put it all together will be the question.
Those are big Ifs though, I mean he’s very much a project player he has a lot of developing to do. Mechanically and mentally. He has stretches where he couldn’t even complete check downs. And I’m advocating for the kid. I just don’t think he ends up going quite as high as the media is hyping. Maybe he dominates the process and meeting rooms and shoots up the boards it’s possible but I do think there is a chance he slips

Hebron Hooker has a torn ACL, Anthony Richardson outplayed and beat Cameron Rising in their head to head game and he doesn’t project as a running QB in NFL. DTR is gonna have same size limitations as Tua he’s 6’1 200 pounds jalen hurts wasn’t a very accurate QB in his first few years he made a massive leap his final season in college when he left SeC. I just think if you’re gonna move on from Tua or get someone to compete/groom behind him you want the guy with the most physical tools. I watched every snap Richardson played in college. And a lot of his issues are mental and mechanical which can be coached to improve. And his best plays were all just because he’s such a physical freak of nature, and can sense pressure

Its not how you start but how you finish.

I can't believe I am having to emphasize that to a Dolphins fan

I do not like it, 54% completion percentage this year. Jalen Hurts had 70% completion percentage in his last season at OU. It's not close. Richardson needs to stay in school and learn the craft, he will not learn in the NFL.
No, we need to target better options if we want a running QB, there are much better options, better quarterbacks in the draft:
Dorian Thompson Robinson: 70% completions, 631 rushing yards, 11 rushing TDs.
Cameron Rising: 66% completions, 409 rushing yards, 6 rushing TDs.
Hendon Hooker: 70% completions, 430 rushing yard, 5 rushing TDs.

Others to consider

Max Duggan (TCU) this yr or Sam Hartman in 2024.

Others to consider

Max Duggan (TCU) this yr or Sam Hartman in 2024.

I am only interested in 4 quarterbacks in this drat class, depending on whether the two juniors come out:
Hendon Hooker, TEN, senior (tall, big arm, great production, can run, negatives: not twitchy, straight line runner, gimmicky offense.)
DTR, UCLA, senior (great all around, but a little undersized at 6-1 205, but great twitchy runner)
Cameron Rising, UTAH, junior (good production, built like a running back)
Tanner Mordecai, SMU, junior (Classic QB, excellent production, 6-3, 215.)

We need someone who we can give the reins to in the first 3-4 years of the rookie contract. Who can come in and take over. Not someone who will take time 3-4 years to groom.

Back
Top Bottom