Anthony Richardson! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anthony Richardson!

If he makes it to round two, absolutely take a chance.

After watching Josh Allen develop, I don't think accuracy issues are as huge to overcome.

I am only interested in 4 quarterbacks in this drat class, depending on whether the two juniors come out:
Hendon Hooker, TEN, senior (tall, big arm, great production, can run, negatives: not twitchy, straight line runner, gimmicky offense.)
DTR, UCLA, senior (great all around, but a little undersized at 6-1 205, but great twitchy runner)
Cameron Rising, UTAH, junior (good production, built like a running back)
Tanner Mordecai, SMU, junior (Classic QB, excellent production, 6-3, 215.)

We need someone who we can give the reins to in the first 3-4 years of the rookie contract. Who can come in and take over. Not someone who will take time 3-4 years to groom.

I keep forgetting about DTR & Mordecai.

p.s. I thought the Vols ran a version of the Air Raid

He'll probably go #1 to the Texans and be forced to start on a horrible team and never get the coaching he needs to develop into a competent QB.

I'm gonna hate to see it but that's what happens when you have all the tools but leave college before you're properly taught how to use them. Too bad he didn't have someone close to him who cared enough to talk him out of it.

Best case is a decent team trades up who has the coaching to make him great. Fugging Patriots come to mind. Puke.

I keep forgetting about DTR & Mordecai.

p.s. I thought the Vols ran a version of the Air Raid

They ran some kind of spread offense but super fast pace, a lot of times it was so quick they get penalized for improper alignment on offense, they were not even set before the ball was snapped. It was crazy.
In any case, Hooker's production is a bit inflated and unreliable, like Bama and Ohio State quarterbacks. He will have trouble processing and probably playing in the pocket in the NFL, his offense will be different. I normally would scratch a player like this off my board and wish list, but Hooker had a really good year last season too, and numbers were not inflated, so I am willing to give him a pass for consistency. Plus, he has nice size and big arm and can run albeit in straight line, he has physical tools and athleticism too. So I will keep him on my wish list.

Those are big Ifs though, I mean he’s very much a project player he has a lot of developing to do. Mechanically and mentally. He has stretches where he couldn’t even complete check downs. And I’m advocating for the kid. I just don’t think he ends up going quite as high as the media is hyping. Maybe he dominates the process and meeting rooms and shoots up the boards it’s possible but I do think there is a chance he slips
I understand what you’re saying completely and I’ll say this…

The kid has every tool needed to succeed at the highest of levels. You’re right all those things I said are huge ifs but if wherever he ends up can get him developed you better look out.

Now me personally no way in hell I’d draft him top 10 no matter how he does at pro days combine and all that.

My point is the NFL falls in love with the stars of the underwear Olympics and make no mistake this kid will shine in shorts and at the combine. His size and arm strength alone will get him drafted in the top 10.

I think theirs no chance whatsoever he falls out of the top 10 much less the 1st round BUT if by some miracle he did fall to the 2nd round and got close enough for us to be able to jump up a few spots I’d absolutely take him.

He’s a playmaker playing QB. Whoever drafts him will have to teach him to play QB while still keeping his playmaking ability. He’s very very raw and it’s going to take time. Whoever drafts him will need to seriously tone down the hype bc it’s going to take a ton of patience with him. If whoever drafts him sticks him in during year 1 he’s going to fail bc he’s nowhere near ready. Major patience will be required with him.

I understand what you’re saying completely and I’ll say this…

The kid has every tool needed to succeed at the highest of levels. You’re right all those things I said are huge ifs but if wherever he ends up can get him developed you better look out.

Now me personally no way in hell I’d draft him top 10 no matter how he does at pro days combine and all that.

My point is the NFL falls in love with the stars of the underwear Olympics and make no mistake this kid will shine in shorts and at the combine. His size and arm strength alone will get him drafted in the top 10.

I think theirs no chance whatsoever he falls out of the top 10 much less the 1st round BUT if by some miracle he did fall to the 2nd round and got close enough for us to be able to jump up a few spots I’d absolutely take him.

He’s a playmaker playing QB. Whoever drafts him will have to teach him to play QB while still keeping his playmaking ability. He’s very very raw and it’s going to take time. Whoever drafts him will need to seriously tone down the hype bc it’s going to take a ton of patience with him. If whoever drafts him sticks him in during year 1 he’s going to fail bc he’s nowhere near ready. Major patience will be required with him.
He reminded me a lot of a more dynamic Cam Newton without the accuracy. I do agree he has probably the highest ceiling of any QB to come out in years

Sorry but he's terrible. I do like Duggan but we won't be getting him.

I am only interested in 4 quarterbacks in this drat class, depending on whether the two juniors come out:
Hendon Hooker, TEN, senior (tall, big arm, great production, can run, negatives: not twitchy, straight line runner, gimmicky offense.)
DTR, UCLA, senior (great all around, but a little undersized at 6-1 205, but great twitchy runner)
Cameron Rising, UTAH, junior (good production, built like a running back)
Tanner Mordecai, SMU, junior (Classic QB, excellent production, 6-3, 215.)

We need someone who we can give the reins to in the first 3-4 years of the rookie contract. Who can come in and take over. Not someone who will take time 3-4 years to groom.
Rising and Mordecai yes , dunno about the other 2

I'm no Tua fan...but I think we can win big with him provided we make him more Jimmy Garoppolo as opposed to Pat Mahomes.

Look at Frisco...if Jimmy G were there all year they may be the favorites to make it out of the NFC.

I'm no Tua fan...but I think we can win big with him provided we make him more Jimmy Garoppolo as opposed to Pat Mahomes.

Look at Frisco...if Jimmy G were there all year they may be the favorites to make it out of the NFC.

Doubt it. He has bad stretches and to top it off misses games. Maybe if we are lucky one year and everything aligns.

Doubt it. He has bad stretches and to top it off misses games. Maybe if we are lucky one year and everything aligns.
My philosophy is to pray for the TE from Georgia to be there at 54, get him as basically an additional lineman. Resign Mostert and Wilson, maybe draft the RB out of Minnesota in the 5th.

The oline, especially the right side is very good at run blocking...

Tua's limitations are minimized because we have run them into his strengths... we just have to stay physical and avoid trying to be KC.

The smart move would be for Richardson to return to Florida and play more football.

He is not close to NFL ready.

Have any of you watched Clayton Tune out of Houston? I just started watching some of his film recently and am definitely intrigued.

Nobody cares about head to head match ups.
If they draft Richardson, he needs to start immediately and needs to play all the time, because like Josh Allen or Trey Lance he needs playing time to improve, because he sucks! And the team cannot worry much about wins and playoffs.
I would not roll the dice on your beliefs. I believe in facts, like completion percentage. There are probably 10 quarterbacks I'd rather draft in second round than Anthony Richardson.
I used to feel the same way about accuracy issues and then came Josh Allen. Maybe he's an outlier, but I've never before seen someone improve in that aspect of their game like Allen has.

Definitely Allen has given hope to quarterbacks who struggle with accuracy. He's also made talent evaluators look more deeply into that.

Not saying Richardson will be successful. I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom