Antonio Freeman (merged) w/ ...pull the trigger | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antonio Freeman (merged) w/ ...pull the trigger

I'd take his old teammate at Wisconsin, Lee Evans. Give him a year to recover from his injury and I think he will be close to what he was last season. His NFL rookie season should be the season that he gets back to 100%, and with his injury(ACL) he likely wont be a high pick anymore.

That "could/would" be a lethal combo too! Who knows, it may actually happen too.

Well the sh!tty part is now, we've got money. Not counting the money we need for rookies, we've got about $2.4 million to spend, plus whatever new money we get from Jay Williams' new contract extension.

And we dont have anyone to spend it on!

Sam Adams? He hasn't signed YET...

Well I could see how Sam Adams would be "intreagued" by signing with Miami. "Close" to a Super Bowl, a bit of money to spend on a one year deal, but how much playing time would he get? Do we want our 3rd string DT making millions?(I am talking about Chester)

I certainly wouldn't complain if we did sign Adams, but I certainly wont complain if we don't sign him either.

If we do keep our money, somebody will come available after some TC cuts, they become available every year. If it were up to me, I would look at Adams and if he wasn't interested, I'd play the "wait and see" game. It is better than wasting money on a player that wont help us(not talking about Adams).

True but training camp cuts never end up helping you too much. I would be perfectly ok with Larry Chester taking a backseat role for the moment given Tim Bowens injury history and offseason surgery.

I wish we could sign Adams longer term but I don't think he'd go for that. He wants to stay in the AFC. Thats a plus. Didn't he go to UM?

That would be a helluva a 3 DT rotation if Sam Adams were to somehow end up here. The problem is that Larry Chester was promised the starting job, and I'm sure Sam Adams will want one too. Unless Tim doesn't mind being the 3rd DT in the rotation, I just can't see it working. Other than that, it looks awesome.......

The way Wanne, and Jimmy before him, rotates D-linemen.....it's not like any body would be riding the bench. They would ALL get playing time.

Yeah but Tim Bowens is getting old in football years...he's taken a lot of wear and tear. Keeping him fresh would be a definite plus. Keeping Sam Adams fresh with Larry Chester would also be a plus. I don't think Larry Chester was PROMISED anything. As it stood our plans were to move DG to end and play Chester at DT. Things can change.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
I'd take his old teammate at Wisconsin, Lee Evans. Give him a year to recover from his injury and I think he will be close to what he was last season. His NFL rookie season should be the season that he gets back to 100%, and with his injury(ACL) he likely wont be a high pick anymore.

That "could/would" be a lethal combo too! Who knows, it may actually happen too.

That would also be a great possibility for our WR corps.

That would be a great 3 way rotation with the 3 DTs... after Chester, our next string DT is not so good.
How about Levon Kirkland?
I dont think Freeman would be a bad idea if we get him at the vet minimum. He scores TDs. A deep threat.
Too bad we couldnt release DG in time to get Marco Coleman.
How about Darnay Scott at the vet minimum... oops, too late, Jags got him too.
Another QB?
What about Greer too at the vet minimum?
With 2.4 million + whatever we saved for Williams contract.... you can put 450K (the cap hit by signing vets to vet minimum) in a lot.
Maybe we can get Adams, Freeman, and Greer! I wouldnt count on Kirkland playing for cheap... any word on what money he is looking for?

Antonio Freeman-- We need to pull the trigger

Ricky And Chris would really be benefitted by Antonio Freeman on the other side. I am just not sold on Oronde or James or Ward. The Dolphins need to add a guy that still may have something to prove. His number s were better than both Oronde and James in one of his worst years. Add Antonio and we will have some weapons for NORV.

Freeman is very over-rated. Brett Favre made this guy. Just like he made Robert Brooks. Just like he'll make Javon Walker, and turn Terry Glenn into a Pro-Bowler again. He wouldn't be a good fit in our offense. I would be pist if we signed him. Michael Westbrook, and Darnay Scott are better than he is. He wants significant playing time. Something he won't get in Miami. Chambers is the man and McKnight, Gadsden, and Ward are very good/decent compliments to Chambers. Freeman would be a waste of money.

Well he'd be a waste of money because he'd have to replace Dedric, James, or Oronde. There's no room for him otherwise. And if he's replacing Dedric, he wouldn't even bother signing with us. He's willing to take the minimum, but he wants AT LEAST a #3 WR spot given to him and significant playing time. He's actually more than likely holding out for a training camp injury and a starting position.

I agree that Freeman was made by Favre in part, but he WAS talented no doubt. However he just doesn't have it anymore. I heard one scout talking about looking at film on Freeman and saying basically "there's a reason this guy is going to be let go"

I'm also going to have to pile on here and say that Freeman's skills just aren't what they used to be. If he would come in at the vet minimum and play a backup role he might be worth it. Somehow though, I don't see that happening so I'm fine seeing him sit out and possibly retire.

LOOK AT THIS WAY

Freeman is an upgrade over ORONDE and James. Dont look at his skills or who made him a player. Just keep simple and ask yourself would i rather Have FREEMAN, ORONDE , MCNIGHT. FREEMAN is an upgrade Right now.

Back
Top Bottom