Antonio Freeman (merged) w/ ...pull the trigger | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antonio Freeman (merged) w/ ...pull the trigger

I'm not convinced that he's past it...

To use OJ McDuffie as an analagy - he wasn't made by Marino, but he was a go to guy because he could make the play. I personally think that's the kind of relationship Freeman had with Favre.

You get a go to guy and he attracts the double coverage and someone else has to become the target. The numbers go down. He's washed up. Er, no. He could perhaps draw some of the flys off Chambers and that would help a lot, if not he may see a lot of the ball at Chambers expense.

At the right price I think he can make a contribution. ;)

I think we should bring Adams in now so he can play on the first day of Training Camp for Vets, the 28th.

Antonio freeman is a SHELL of his former self. PLEASE stop bringing up "NAME" players that were good a few years ago. He is NOT the same player he was, and his decline has been STEADY over the past few years. He is no longer a "deep" threat. How many times did you see him beating corners on a 9 route last season?

Why was Bill Schroeder(who Favre was pissed at) be the "go to" WR? Because Freeman simply doesn't have it anymore!

How would he be an upgrade right now? Please tell me you didn't see Freeman play last year, because if you did see him play you would have seen a player with declining skills. If you did see him in a signifigant amount of games last year and STILL think he would be an upgrade, well then i just can't take your opinions on football seriously anymore.

If we were talking about the Freeman of 4 years ago, the Super Bowl Freeman, I'd be all over signing him, but then again if he were the same player he WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN RELEASED!!!!!

you guys aren't getting Freeman!!! And at the vet min AF is more than "a descent pickup!!!" The team who get Freemna for the veteran minimum is getting a HELL OF A DEAL!!!! -Possibly the best FAcy pickup of the year(based on price and player caliber)

GET OUT OF YOUR FANTASY WORLD FIN-FANS!!!!! FREEMAN IS A GREAT PLAYER AND WILL NOT SIGN FOR THE VETERAN MINIMUM!!! Whoever thinks the fins have a good shot at signing him needs help! Especially at 1 year for the vet min!!!

p.s. He was released due to an insane cap number, not because he sucks. Also, Brett Favre was angered by the decision and has stated that he would rather have Freeman, not Glenn!

p.s.s. Schroeder was NOT Favre's go-to guy, he was the guy that got open due to AF being doubled! That's like saying Centers or Price was our go-to guy last year! (although with our OC, that may have been true! lol)

MOULDSROCKS....

You are comical.......break down game film of AF 4 years ago and compare it to the same player of last season and THEN, and ONLY THEN, make these absurd remarks about AF being a great player.

Great players don't get released, if they are producing, they restructure.

Hopefully your GM has the same football "acumen" you have displayed here, because it means more of the same 3-13 years for you guys!! hahah

Irving Fryar would be a great pickup too I supose! hahahah he was good 4 years ago too!!!!!! you crack me up.

Did I say he is still the same player as he used to be???? It is a similar situation as Jerry Rice last year. He isn't as good as the old Rice, but he can still play and he showed it last year. All I'm saying is that AF is more than a good pickup IF he signs for the veteran minimum. If a team gets him for that price, they got a GREAT deal and I'd be salivating if we had the chance to pick him up for that amount!!! He would be a great addition to any WR corps. I don't know any team that would pass him up for that amount. He will get a nice sized paycheck, because he is still a great WR who can play with the best in the league. He is no longer a PBer or the same player as he was 4 years ago, but he is still better than Gadsden and Chambers (not physically, but he has more experience and is more familiar with opposing corners/defensders in the league etc.)!!! You will never convince me that AF sucks or that he is no longer worth signing. You guys were wrong about the Gardner situation and you will be wrong about this too!

Sorry guys but i believe Mcknight will have a much better year and so will ward ...orande will be looking for a contract after this year so whatever hes got left we will see it.With a little luck and the extra year working with jay we could all be a little surprised .Freeman is a waste of time and money ...I hope he goes to buffalo .

AF would not be a waste of time for us!!!! Ward and OG have been hurt how many times??? Added depth and AF's knowledge of the game would be an asset...he probably could help out Chambers alot...Does anyone here think that both Ward and OG will make it through the whole season???

You all are severely underestimating James McKnight. Watch him this season, he will be awesome. He probably won't be Probowl calibur, but he will make plays. Having Chambers on the other will certainly help him out. I'll give you an awesome example of how Antonio Freeman is clearly in decline. Remember a couple season back when the Pack were playing the Vikes? Antonio Freeman made that freak catch, and they won the game? The whole season, no one ever metioned a great catch or a great pay he made, except for that one. Its bad when the only play you make worth mentioning is a freak play. OK, so maybe that wasn't a good example of why he is in decline, but it proves the point that he does not make plays anymore. The guy is probably going to the Eagles anyways, so its all good........

Originally posted by BMarion31
You all are severely underestimating James McKnight. Watch him this season, he will be awesome. He probably won't be Probowl calibur, but he will make plays. Having Chambers on the other will certainly help him out. I'll give you an awesome example of how Antonio Freeman is clearly in decline. Remember a couple season back when the Pack were playing the Vikes? Antonio Freeman made that freak catch, and they won the game? The whole season, no one ever metioned a great catch or a great pay he made, except for that one. Its bad when the only play you make worth mentioning is a freak play. OK, so maybe that wasn't a good example of why he is in decline, but it proves the point that he does not make plays anymore. The guy is probably going to the Eagles anyways, so its all good........

It was 2 years ago, the night before the presidental election.

Back
Top Bottom