Antrelle Rolle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antrelle Rolle

FiN.in.RI said:
Good thing this would never happen. What a dumb move that would be, chills just went up my spine at the thought of drafting a CB with a top 5 pick.

Maybe you are right though, I mean our offensive and defensive lines are so great, mine as well draft a CB that would be 3rd/4th on the depth chart behind Madison and Poole/Howard/Surtain. Great Idea! Yep....

Surtain most likely will not be here next year and Howard is no probowler. Poole has potential but he's still very young. I think you really need to reevaluate the secondary right now it's the strongest part of the D, but we are about to lose a major part of that secondary do you think we can keep losing players there and not feel it? As it stands now we have as many big names on O as we do on D.

Look at the Steelers...

Who's a household name on that D other than Porter?

Casey Hampton? Kendrell Bell? I didn't think so...

feelthepain said:
Surtain most likely will not be here next year and Howard is no probowler. Poole has potential but he's still very young.

Whats Rolle? 30 something? Rolle is a proven NFL star CB? Why give up on one young kid with loads of potential just to get anothe young kid with loads of potential. Seems illogical to me.

I think you really need to reevaluate the secondary right now it's the strongest part of the D, but we are about to lose a major part of that secondary do you think we can keep losing players there and not feel it?

No, but that doesn't mean we draft a CB with a top 5 pick.

As it stands now we have as many big names on O as we do on D.

We have a lot of young players on D who have yet had a chance to become Big Names. We need more young players on the defensive side of the ball but not in the secondary.

feelthepain said:
Surtain most likely will not be here next year and Howard is no probowler. Poole has potential but he's still very young. I think you really need to reevaluate the secondary right now it's the strongest part of the D, but we are about to lose a major part of that secondary do you think we can keep losing players there and not feel it? As it stands now we have as many big names on O as we do on D.

So if Pat Surtain is gone we still have 2 big name defensive backs. Please tell me who our two big name offensive lineman are.

Drafting him would kill our shots at being competitive for the next 5 years. We need the pick to work magic for us. Drafting rolle is the absolute dumbest idea on this board yet.

Jaj said:
Look at the Steelers...

Who's a household name on that D other than Porter?

Casey Hampton? Kendrell Bell? I didn't think so...

That too. Look at the Patriots and look what happened when their "big name" secondary got bit by the injury bug. You see a lot of no name CBs and a WR converted to CB stepping up their game.. If we draft defense it better be DLINE.

You just said Poole has potential and is still very young.
So your solution is to draft a younger player at the same position?
Oh and outside of Miami no one can name more than 3 players on the Miami Offense(if that).
So to say we have as many big players on O as we do on D is not only false but completely irrational.
:nono:
feelthepain said:

If Surtain will be gone after the season we should get Rolle we could get oline in FA. We know all about all the Rolle talent.

Dolphins044 said:
QB in this year's draft class? ummm Nope

OT....free agency
RB.....free agency

that would work IMO.

Trade down and either take Alex Barron or Aaron Rodgers. The problem is since Jimmy Johnson was here we've ignored our offense while, at times, we've gone overboard on defense. Granted, our defense it getting older and it should not be ignored, but we're not 1-8 this year because of the defense.

As far as free agency, if we have a GM that knows what he's doing, we may be able to pick up a starting running back (no, we don't have one on the roster at the moment) such as Shaun Alexander or Edgerrin James and a top lineman, but we're still not that much better on offense.

Yeah, it would be nice to have Rolle. But he doesn't play a need position for us.

I dont know about yall, but I am tired of watching the Dolphins offense go 3 and out 90% of the time. The reason were 1-8 is because of offense not the defense. Lets leave the defense alone for a second. Our defense hasnt gotten us anywhere. So to draft another defensive guy would be plain crazy. Its not like this guy is the next Deion by the way so please forget defense think offense.

I want us to draft DL, either DT or De, there are good ones coming out at both spots. We could trade down and still get a good DL pick and more picks. Or I say OL, I like Brown from Virginia at gaurd. And the T from Alabama intrigues me, and of course Wilkerson at C is definitely worth a look(just not until late 1st).

Wasn't Terrence Newman supossed to be as good as Rolle? Why if Rolle plays like Terrence Newman? Only if Rolle becomes the next Deon he won't be a wasted pick. If we draft a center and becomes the next Tim Rudy at least he'll be a slightly improvement over Seth McKinney. If we draft Alex Barron and he becomes the next Wayne Gandy or plays like LT like Mark Dixon, that becomes solid improvement four our team and it will be more helpfull that Rolle being an average starter if he doesn't become the next superstar CB.

I didnt really get a chance to read everyone's comments but I hope to god the new coach and FO dont feel the same way this guy does. I agree we should draft defense, but most definitely not with a top ten pick (which Rolle would require). If the new FO does not feel there isnt a potential franchise QB to draft in the top 3, then we need to trade down to aquire more picks that can assess our weak points such as OL, not waste it on adding to our strengths. Top Defensive players can be had outside of the first round (Madison 2nd, Taylor 3rd, Surtain 2nd, Zach Thomas 5th, etc). And why is it I hear everyone say we can fix our OL needs through FA?? Top tackles require monster contracts and 99% of the time they arent available because they get franchised. I would love to pick up Walter Jones but in all reality, he is going to be asking for a contract that our cap situation just cant handle. Its not a popular move but I really wouldnt mind seeing us trade down and selecting Alex Barron around the 10-15th pick. Top Tackles are drafted not signed through FA.

Back
Top Bottom