Any players that might get released that intrest you? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any players that might get released that intrest you?

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
Packers are releasing Sam Shields any interest? He finished the 2016 season with a concussion but expects to be fine or the 2017 season. He'll start the 2017 season at 29 years of age, same as Vontae Davis and Tannehill, so it's not like he's so old his days are numbered. Shields could be a good veteran to help groom Lippett and Howard and a can help in the slot too. JUst thinking a player like Shields as a street free agent could impact Miami's draft and free agency plans.

shields must be about health otherwise with their corner situation they wouldn't be parting ways

Pass on Shields..this could end up being worse than the gamble we took on Cameron.

A concussion suffered in Week One of the 2016 season kept Shields on the sideline for the rest of the year. He eventually was placed on injured reserve.

In October, authorities found marijuana in Shields’ home. Last month, he was charged with two counts of marijuana possession.

Shields has said that he wants to continue playing, despite still having periodic headaches. The Packers avoid a salary of $8 million by releasing him; they’ll carry a cap charge of $3.125 million arising from the final chunk of his signing bonus.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/08/packers-release-sam-shields/

Would love to add Shields because he can still cover but medically it's certainly a gamble.

well the silver lining for Miami is boundary corner now trumps ilb for the packers in the needs department assuming they don't get it in free agency...

if they aren't willing to pay shields $8 mil given the market for corners as free agents that should tell you they don't feel good about his playing again or at least ability to suit up for 16 games

Pass on shields. Not worth the money for him to get concussed again

No thank you. I want to see our own guys develop in the secondary with a healthy Jones. In free agency, I want two starters (Guard & Linebacker) that are solid and not over-hyped & over-priced. If we can find a DT to replace Mitchell and/or seam TE that would be gravy. We must extend Landry and Jones. Stills for a team friendly price if he doesn't go to the highest bidder. I am in the camp to pay stills 6 and maybe even 8, but not higher. If we lose him, then we lose him. Can't overpay Stills and Landry.

If he gets cut and every front office thinks the same way everyone here does, I don't think he gets a highly lucrative contract. If he is looking at something like a 2 year/$8mil offer with little guarantees I think that's absolutely worth taking a flyer.

There is very little black/white situations these days, and IF given that type of circumstance, it's certainly worth considering.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago

More veteran casualties related to salary cap charges: #Eagles are releasing CB Leodis McKelvin, source said.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago

More veteran casualties related to salary cap charges: #Eagles are releasing CB Leodis McKelvin, source said.

lol...never liked him when he came out of college and my fondest memory of him was when Miller broke his ankles...literally, after all that smack he was talking too.

DE Jabaal Sheard should be on our radar unless the Patriots re-sign him.
RG Chance Warmack
LG Ronald Leary
DT Abry Jones
LB Zach Brown

All guys we should kick the tires on.

We must pass on players with health risks. This past season saw us lose a ton of starters due to injury. We just can't bring in more guys who have serious health situations. Bring in healthy players.

We must pass on players with health risks. This past season saw us lose a ton of starters due to injury. We just can't bring in more guys who have serious health situations. Bring in healthy players.

Depends on the the player, the talent level and the injury. For example if a player on par with Reshad Jones, Rob Gronkowski or Luke Kuchley were available, I would have no problems taking a chance on them especially if the price was slightly lower because of the injury. I hink there are times you can get good buys by sifting through the injured or damaged in other ways player bin.

leary is my number 1 interest if released. guy is a monster

Back
Top Bottom