any takers on JJ Watt, Im all in/To be released | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

any takers on JJ Watt, Im all in/To be released

Great guy, leadership, playmaker. Yes, I’d welcome him to Miami. But w 1 year left on his contract that’s tricky.

Did Stafford and Watt sign their contracts last year?....There is quite a bit of difference...i don't think anybody is making this a race issue...it's about the great equalizer ...money and value...
A contract is a contract it doesn't matter when it's signed In this case, the player agrees he will provide services to a particular team until the expiration date of the contract and it should be honored. That didn't happen with the players mentioned above and I was just pointing it out. I'm not singling you out because I haven't seen your post but the fact remains those players were not held to the same standard. In regards to race that was never implied in my post and I don't really discuss those topics on the forum so let leave at that. If you're going to say the same for DW say the same about those players as well.

A contract is a contract it doesn't matter when it's signed In this case, the player agrees he will provide services to a particular team until the expiration date of the contract and it should be honored. That didn't happen with the players mentioned above and I was just pointing it out. I'm not singling you out because I haven't seen your post but the fact remains those players were not held to the same standard. In regards to race that was never implied in my post and I don't really discuss those topics on the forum so let leave at that. If you're going to say the same for DW say the same about those players as well.
But i don't look at it based on the players....I base it on the team...Stafford and Watt have basically used up they're value to the teams they were on...so them asking for a trade/or release helps the team from a value point...they're far enough along in their contract where very little damage is done to the cap.
DW is different...He signed his contract last year...Meaning,if he asked the Texans to release him..They couldn't without taking a massive hit to the cap and not receiving value back....same deal if a trade happens..
So..yea..they are different....there has been only one guaranteed contract in the NFL....Signing Bonus is the only thing guaranteed...
I don't think either of us are wrong in our opinions,we are just looking at it from different angles...

Back
Top Bottom