any takers on JJ Watt, Im all in/To be released | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

any takers on JJ Watt, Im all in/To be released

I think he goes to Green Bay but I'm shocked that nobody has yet to call out the Texans on their double standard or where is all this he is under contract talk, we hear nothing!! Talk about a double standard.
He wanted to play for another team next year. So even though he was under contract, releasing him gives him the opportunity to sign with any other team in the NFL. If he had remained under contract to the Texans, it would have been very difficult to trade him because of his contract and the fact the cap is going down and not up this off season.

All contracts in the NFL work the same way. Players are only assured of the guaranteed money in their contract and otherwise it is a year to year contract and the organization has total control over each players contract. They can end the contract anytime they want to but the players must abide by the terms of the contract or sit out the season for no pay.

The terms of player contracts was agreed upon in union negotiations with the owners. So you might not like what the two sides agreed on regarding contracts but I see no double standard here because the Texans don’t want to cut or trade Watson while they obviously felt differently about Watts. If the players don’t like the terms of their contract, they need to deal with it the next time they are negotiating their new CBA.

He wanted to play for another team next year. So even though he was under contract, releasing him gives him the opportunity to sign with any other team in the NFL. If he had remained under contract to the Texans, it would have been very difficult to trade him because of his contract and the fact the cap is going down and not up this off season.

All contracts in the NFL work the same way. Players are only assured of the guaranteed money in their contract and otherwise it is a year to year contract and the organization has total control over each players contract. They can end the contract anytime they want to but the players must abide by the terms of the contract or sit out the season for no pay.

The terms of player contracts was agreed upon in union negotiations with the owners. So you might not like what the two sides agreed on regarding contracts but I see no double standard here because the Texans don’t want to cut or trade Watson while they obviously felt differently about Watts. If the players don’t like the terms of their contract, they need to deal with it the next time they are negotiating their new CBA.
The fact remains he was is under contact. He said in his video he went to McNair's family and asked for his release and it was granted. All I'm pointing out is Matt Stafford and JJ Watt 2 players who were under contract were able to ask for their release and nobody has yet to call them out. I get why the Texans don't want to trade DW but this he's under contract needs to stop.

I would love for HIM to be a member of the Dolphins, but we might have to do some inventive persuasion to pry him away from playing with his brothers in Pittsburgh

Last edited:

The double standard is by the dumb people criticizing Watson for saying he wants to leave but not Watt for saying he wants to leave.

My top 5 places I think Watt will consider.

Packers - From Wisconsin, college ball at Wisconsin, Super Bowl contenders.

Pittsburgh - Play with brothers, playoff team that could make Super Bowl.

Chiefs - Super Bowl favorites when healthy. Pair with Chris Jones and Frank Clark to form a very stout Dline.

Buccaneers - Defending Super Bowl Champs. Will be in the mix again next year.

Rams - Added Stafford to fill their biggest weakness. Now, add Watt to Darnold, Ramsey, Floyd, and that defense, they are contenders.

The fact remains he was is under contact. He said in his video he went to McNair's family and asked for his release and it was granted. All I'm pointing out is Matt Stafford and JJ Watt 2 players who were under contract were able to ask for their release and nobody has yet to call them out. I get why the Texans don't want to trade DW but this he's under contract needs to stop.
The difference is, DW doesn't want to be released. He wants to be traded.

Watt is not gauranteed to get the same money with whatever team he signs. In fact, I'm sure he fully realizes that he will be taking a pay cut.

The difference is, DW doesn't want to be released. He wants to be traded.

Watt is not gauranteed to get the same money with whatever team he signs. In fact, I'm sure he fully realizes that he will be taking a pay cut.
I think the Texans ****ed themselves really as they could have gotten some compensation for him. I think it helps Watt as he an now field calls all weekend and decide where he'll play and for how much and those teams don't have to shell out a draft pick. Seems weird how differently they played it for JJ vs DW...that regime is still a smoking **** show.

I think the Texans ****ed themselves really as they could have gotten some compensation for him. I think it helps Watt as he an now field calls all weekend and decide where he'll play and for how much and those teams don't have to shell out a draft pick. Seems weird how differently they played it for JJ vs DW...that regime is still a smoking **** show.
What could they have realistically gotten for an oft injured player, with that contract?

They probably jumped at the chance to free up cap space.

No one was was trading anything to pay Watt 17.5 million.

I think they actually respect Watt and granted him his wish instead of sucking a day 2 picks off some team. DW on the other hand, apparently they don’t respect that guy.

I think they actually respect Watt and granted him his wish instead of sucking a day 2 picks off some team. DW on the other hand, apparently they don’t respect that guy.
Exactly. Calais Campbell was gotten for a 5th, Watt is as good no?

Back
Top Bottom