any takers on JJ Watt, Im all in/To be released | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

any takers on JJ Watt, Im all in/To be released

Congrats to JJ, finally free from a mess of a franchise. Good luck on your next endeavor.

I think he goes to Green Bay but I'm shocked that nobody has yet to call out the Texans on their double standard or where is all this he is under contract talk, we hear nothing!! Talk about a double standard.

I think JJ would be great for us. With such a young team, his leadership would be great. Also, it might persuade Deshaun Watson in some way.

It has to be a super low contract with incentives. Other than that no thanks

I think he goes to Green Bay but I'm shocked that nobody has yet to call out the Texans on their double standard or where is all this he is under contract talk, we hear nothing!! Talk about a double standard.
Releasing Watt on the final year of his contract had a dead cap hit of zero for the Texans. In reality it saves them $17.5M. Watt and Watson’s situations are no where near comparable.

Congrats to JJ, finally free from a mess of a franchise. Good luck on your next endeavor.
He'll sign with Pittsburgh
That’s what people will automatically think but their cap is a mess and he’ll have to play for league minimum. Also, Pitt is going to get shredded in free agency and Big Ben is near done.

I think JJ would be great for us. With such a young team, his leadership would be great. Also, it might persuade Deshaun Watson in some way.
But it will not persuade Grier or Flo.

If he's going to sign elsewhere, then we didn't want him anyway. :chuckle:

Wow, I came here to see who would be the first on posting on nothing per the usual. I give props to this jump the gun hella early poster. Have fun posting on nothing ladies and gentlemen unless league minimum or close to it.

I’m sure Pittsburgh is his first choice but I don’t think they can afford him. I’d take him on a friendly contract, prove it type deal because I love his character but his injuries are a concern but he’s a disruptor when healthy.I think he approached the Texans and it was mutual he wasn’t just cut.
If he signs a "friendly" contract I'd expect it to be with GB or Pitt, not us.

Back
Top Bottom