any takers on JJ Watt, Im all in/To be released | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

any takers on JJ Watt, Im all in/To be released

No one was was trading anything to pay Watt 17.5 million.
Maybe,maybe not but I think they ****ed up and still proves (at least to me) how poorly they are run. DW deserves better than that. Couldn't a new team have negotiated a new contract with Watt assuming he was cool with that team?

Ogbah and JJ with Raekwon in the middle has the potential to be dangerous. I wouldn't be against adding JJ, depends on the price more than anything. I'm not sure how much he wants to get paid, or if that's an important factor for him which I don't believe is but you never know.

I think he'll head to Green Bay.

I'd take a shot at revitalizing him. He would definitely bring the right mindset.

One year deal, of course

The fact remains he was is under contact. He said in his video he went to McNair's family and asked for his release and it was granted. All I'm pointing out is Matt Stafford and JJ Watt 2 players who were under contract were able to ask for their release and nobody has yet to call them out. I get why the Texans don't want to trade DW but this he's under contract needs to stop.
No one is stopping any player from going in and asking to be released from their contract or traded because they aren’t happy with the organization or because they would rather be free to sign with another team.

Yet the fact is it is up to the organization to agree to let the player out of his contract. If the Texans decide that they don’t want to let Watson out of his contract or trade him. Watson can either play under the terms of his contract or sit out and not get paid.

It is not unusual for teams to let older veterans out of their contracts near the end of their careers so they can go somewhere else. It also opens up a lot more cap space when the high priced veterans are cut or traded. Yet I can’t ever remember when a team agreed to trade a franchise QB when he had four years left on his contract simply because he now wants to be traded.

Watson can certainly request to be traded but the Texans can also deny his request.

No one is stopping any player from going in and asking to be released from their contract or traded because they aren’t happy with the organization or because they would rather be free to sign with another team.

Yet the fact is it is up to the organization to agree to let the player out of his contract. If the Texans decide that they don’t want to let Watson out of his contract or trade him. Watson can either play under the terms of his contract or sit out and not get paid.

It is not unusual for teams to let older veterans out of their contracts near the end of their careers so they can go somewhere else. It also opens up a lot more cap space when the high priced veterans are cut or traded. Yet I can’t ever remember when a team agreed to trade a franchise QB when he had four years left on his contract simply because he now wants to be traded.

Watson can certainly request to be traded but the Texans can also deny his request.
That's not the point I was making. The point is anyone who says DW should be quiet and just honor is contract should be saying the same for Matt Stafford, JJ Watt or any player who is under the contract to the same standard. That's all I am saying! I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of others who will say this about DW but not Stafford or Watt.

If we can land Selvin in the draft,Sign JJ cheap,resign Godchaux cheap and pair them with Wilkins and Ogbah.That could be dangerous front imo

That's not the point I was making. The point is anyone who says DW should be quiet and just honor is contract should be saying the same for Matt Stafford, JJ Watt or any player who is under the contract to the same standard. That's all I am saying! I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of others who will say this about DW but not Stafford or Watt.
Did Stafford and Watt sign their contracts last year?....There is quite a bit of difference...i don't think anybody is making this a race issue...it's about the great equalizer ...money and value...

Media like Pat Macafee etc etc..blah blah are saying Buccaneers are favourites to get Watt. Seriously. Are the Bucs the new Patriots? You would think the Bucs have an open frookin cheque book! We had NE in our midst for last 20yrs and now we get bossed again in Florida by the NFL blue eyed boy Brady? You couldn't make it up.... is Stalking a felon and a lawful offence?
Now its Watt..Tampa Bay Globetrotters

Too injured. Going to a new team isn't going to change that. His HOF stats have fell off last few seasons. 32yrs old next month. Pass.

Back
Top Bottom