Any who thinks Henne is NOT our QB for the Future? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any who thinks Henne is NOT our QB for the Future?

Sorry, but he didn't just miss Polite wide open in the flat, and I mean wide open, he freaked out completely and over threw him by 15 yards.

The Patriots pass defense sucks.

Henne is very very far from elite or even good. He is mediocre, which isn't bad, he is just a half decent QB and will never be much more.

He just doesn't have it mentally. It takes superior awareness and extreme quickness of mind to be a great NFL QB.

It takes more intangibles than any other position by far.

Being aware of the whole feild is a talent and giftedness that only a few are capable of displaying, and Henne shows very little of this.

I love Henne's arm and I hear he is a great leader and competitor, but if your thinking he will someday be one of the league's elite, IMO you are in for a big disappointment.

Please man, you've been talking about trading Henne since before the regular season started. The guy just out played Tom FREAKING Brady with half the supporting cast that Brady has. He is 6-3 as a starter with half our talent on crutches, after Pennington was 0-3 with a complete and healthy team.

Henne is the future. Get use to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard not to be excited with what Henne has shown this season. I'm rooting for him and he's got as good a chance as any to become an Elite QB in this league. I'm not sure we'll know until we see how he responds this offseason. There are plenty of first year starting QBs who showed a lot of good things and then didn't improve in the offseason like people had hoped and fizzled out. I hope he's hungry enough to improve this offseason and if he is, the AFC East better take notice, because he'll be tormenting them for a long time to come.

Look at that 88 yard drive he just completed. Im sold on him. He keeps getting better and better. Good to know that i think we have our franchise QB. Which is the hardest piece to find of the rebuilding process. Now lets get the other pieces!
it took that long to be sold? i was sold right after the first jets game on mnf, where he led us back,not once, not twice, but 3 times, including several big 3rd down conversions.

"If you want to, we can throw all day. I love it. Put it in my hands. Put the pressure situations upon me. I really thrive on that."

I think that quote really proves Henne is an iceman.

Look at that 88 yard drive he just completed. Im sold on him. He keeps getting better and better. Good to know that i think we have our franchise QB. Which is the hardest piece to find of the rebuilding process. Now lets get the other pieces!

The people that called for Pat White to start after the buffalo loss. I think they were serious, too.

You guys seem to forget that when we drafted Pat White PENNINGTON was the QB, not Henne. Nobody in the F.O. knew what we had in Henne, but they sure do now!

Sorry, but he didn't just miss Polite wide open in the flat, and I mean wide open, he freaked out completely and over threw him by 15 yards.

The Patriots pass defense sucks.

Henne is very very far from elite or even good. He is mediocre, which isn't bad, he is just a half decent QB and will never be much more.

He just doesn't have it mentally. It takes superior awareness and extreme quickness of mind to be a great NFL QB.

It takes more intangibles than any other position by far.

Being aware of the whole feild is a talent and giftedness that only a few are capable of displaying, and Henne shows very little of this.

I love Henne's arm and I hear he is a great leader and competitor, but if your thinking he will someday be one of the league's elite, IMO you are in for a big disappointment.

I would soften that a bit, but basically I agree with all your major points. An elite QB can sense how every play is unfolding, and vary the speed and trajectory to fit the needs of that specific situation. Henne gives you the great arm but the play needs to be there as it was designed, otherwise he's limited. Very soon the opponents will get a read on Henne's tendencies and the quick line drives will be taken away, forcing him to prove he can make plays with more touch, and down the field.

I was a huge Henne supporter coming out of college but now I'm worried we're hitching our hopes to someone with a mid level upside. In fact, I'm sure that's the case and you and I will be proven correct. It's simply not a popular stand right now, as everyone has playoff fever and best-since-Marino cravings.

I would soften that a bit, but basically I agree with all your major points. An elite QB can sense how every play is unfolding, and vary the speed and trajectory to fit the needs of that specific situation. Henne gives you the great arm but the play needs to be there as it was designed, otherwise he's limited. Very soon the opponents will get a read on Henne's tendencies and the quick line drives will be taken away, forcing him to prove he can make plays with more touch, and down the field.

I was a huge Henne supporter coming out of college but now I'm worried we're hitching our hopes to someone with a mid level upside. In fact, I'm sure that's the case and you and I will be proven correct. It's simply not a popular stand right now, as everyone has playoff fever and best-since-Marino cravings.

Ehh I am sort of on the fence with this one. I previously believed that Henne had very limited play-making ability and cannot improvise. But then the pass to Bess against Carolina on the roll-out and Bess on the fade route between 2 defenders against Tampa Bay started showing me something. He then showed some more ability with the TD against TB to Sperry when the play broke down and the TD to Hartline after the Flat route was taken out of play to Williams. Henne improvised and threw a nice pass to Hartline when the play broke down. Also the deep sideline pass to Ginn was not the 1st or 2nd read and the deep pass interference call with Hartline was improvision.

Back
Top Bottom