Any word on changes at the guard position | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on changes at the guard position

dolp1972

Active Roster
Reaction score
Read that as of the by week we have predictably, the two worse guards in the NFL, Dallas Thomas who has been a scrub all his career, and Douglas the rookie, are there any sorces out there rumoring any shake ups in the offensive line. Should we sign satele and move pouncey back to guard temporarily has we move forward and hope a guard crops up in the waiver wires?:confused:

Read that as of the by week we have predictably, the two worse guards in the NFL, Dallas Thomas who has been a scrub all his career, and Douglas the rookie, are there any sorces out there rumoring any shake ups in the offensive line. Should we sign satele and move pouncey back to guard temporarily has we move forward and hope a guard crops up in the waiver wires?:confused:

Not sure that's an improvement.

i doubt we would hear much of anything like this till next week actually.

moving Pouncey to guard would not help us out at all in my opinion. We need him in the middle, communication, and keeping the unit together. Its been a struggle for him having Thomas and a rookie next to him in the middle though... thats where we need fixed (Douglas gets a bye from me though).

There should be a "Philbin Survivor" badge...

Douglas should be moved to LG. That is his natural position. Try Turner or someone else at RG. I'm tired of seeing Dallas Thomas on the field. The guy is terrible.

Amen brother……at a minimum I implore the coaching staff to end the Dallas Thomas failed experiment…

There should be a "Philbin Survivor" badge...
clear.gif

I'm also onboard with the idea that Jamil Douglas should be moved to LG immediately. It's been said that is the one spot on our line that requires the least technical skill and knowledge of the playbook. LG is mostly about athletic talent, of which Douglas dwarfs Dallas Thomas immensely. Move Turner or any journeyman candidate to RG. At least we'll have our one weak spot on the line clearly identified (and hopefully limited) to that spot.

Oh, and I don't care that he chose Dallas over us, get Jerry Jones on the phone and offer him a nice shiny DT or Rishard Mathews for La'el Collins. That's your bad muthatrucka RG right there.

We are in the Dan Campbell era, who plays will be determined by the players performance in practice next week.

Is this a Coach Campbell sucks thread because we haven't heard anything regarding personnel changes? Hell, those threads were established when word came that Coyle was being retained "for now!"

Back
Top Bottom