Any word on changes at the guard position | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on changes at the guard position

I am sure the OK drill was video taped. It is one of the best pure competitive instinct drills out there. I would be very surprised if the performance of the linemen on both sides of the ball was not very carefully. We will hear next week.

I would love to know if any of the OGs on the team stood out during that drill. It is no surprise that Landry stood out. I was shocked that OV. Wanted to keep going during the drill.

forget philbin i want an "i survived the dallas thomas error" badge if i live through it...of which there is no guarantee

Why is it us fans can see an issue early in preseason, or even the first year for that matter yet coaches are stubborn and stick with the player? I mean come on Donald Thomas, Jason Fox, Lance Louis, Ryan Cook, Lydon Murtha, Ray Feinga, Nate Garner, Randy Thomas, John Jerry, Cory Procter, Richie Incognito....

Incognito was actually decent.

I could probably find at least 6-7 other failed Guards and it's not just the previous coaching staff, this goes back to Sparano.

Douglas being moved back to left guard seems like a no brainer.

He shouldn't have been moved in the first place.

They are trying out players including a couple of guards.

http://www.profootballrumors.com/workout-notes-bears-broncos-packers/

georgecostanzafire-1.gif

This is 100% Joe Philbin, by the way. Joe, the former OL coach, apparently felt like he could just shift guys around willy nilly and only wanted to start guys who did it exactly the way he wants it, even if those guys are also really bad at playing football. What we have seen with the OL under Joe was predicted by Hard Knocks; Joe brought Steiny in to camp and the guy's body was completely shot. He could not play at all, but despite this, the man had to literally cut himself since Joe apparently liked the fact that he dotted his i's and crossed his t's.

That should have been our warning. The fact that Joe was perfectly OK with having a lineman on the roster who was physically unable to play professional football, simply because the guy did things the way Joe wanted them done.

My "sources" tell me Jordan Phillips has been inactive bc he is trying to learn the guard position, and has been working at guard. Pouncey has taken him under his wing and its believed he is picking it up quickly and could supplant Jamil Douglas by next weekend. Source says Dallas Thomas will remain at LG due to Turner's technique issues

My "sources" tell me Jordan Phillips has been inactive bc he is trying to learn the guard position, and has been working at guard. Pouncey has taken him under his wing and its believed he is picking it up quickly and could supplant Jamil Douglas by next weekend. Source says Dallas Thomas will remain at LG due to Turner's technique issues

But we fired Joe a few days ago...

forget philbin i want an "i survived the dallas thomas error" badge if i live through it...of which there is no guarantee

We'll all need an 'I survived the Stephen Ross Era' when the old man dies or sells...

I can't tell if serious... And the sad thing is, I can't tell because this is totally something I'd expect this idiot team to try...

Back
Top Bottom