Any word on Igbinoghene?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on Igbinoghene??

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
He received a lot of playing time with the various injuries earlier in the season but now seemingly can't get on the field. Maybe I'm just missing him? I know he's a rookie and still learning the ropes but as a first round draft pick I'm sure that the organization has very high hopes for this young man......Thanks in Advance.....

It does seem like Needham is playing too well to let Igbo on the field. 2 defensive snaps vs Broncos, zero vs Jets, Chargers and Cards. He is active every game and gets in on special teams. Hopefully he's learning a lot in practices. The baptism by fire at the start of the season had to challenge his self-confidence. He's got pro-bowl caliber players ahead of him on the depth chart, I hope he is learning a lot from them!

6 month later and I still don’t understand the pick. He’s getting the exact amount of playing time I expected.
Our defensive scheme depends pretty heavily on getting lights out play from the CBs. So having depth there is also very important. From that point of view the pick makes a lot of sense. Of course we could argue about if there were better CBs available or if we could have traded back and still got him a bit later.

Our defensive scheme depends pretty heavily on getting lights out play from the CBs. So having depth there is also very important. From that point of view the pick makes a lot of sense. Of course we could argue about if there were better CBs available or if we could have traded back and still got him a bit later.
Agree but at some point too many DBs is too many DBs. We already had the 2 highest paid CBs in the league and needham who was playing very well last yr. not to mention guys like Rowe and McCain. Even if noah was a good player where is the playing time? We have holes all over the offense and last yrs class was a very good wr rb class. I just think we should’ve taken advantage of it

Y'all are funny with this idea of bust. The kid is what, 20, and you think he'll get playing time over arguably two of the best DBs in the game? No, this kid is depth and development. The FO knows it takes time to develop DBs as well as that they don't plan on paying two top tier corners forever. By that time Noah will step up

Y'all are funny with this idea of bust. The kid is what, 20, and you think he'll get playing time over arguably two of the best DBs in the game? No, this kid is depth and development. The FO knows it takes time to develop DBs as well as that they don't plan on paying two top tier corners forever. By that time Noah will step up
1st rd pick barely plays and is a st player. He should be the main nickel corner. When he was in the defense was quite awful. Thanks for playing

This pick reminds me of when we drafted Carroo. Carroo was never going to get a chance to play because of the 3 guys that we already had at WR and yet we traded up for him. of course that was in the 3rd round so this was an even worse pick because it was in the first round. So many position they could have drafted there that we needed way more and they go with what we needed the least. He might turn out to be a solid player at some point but when, in year 3? If that's the case then it'd mean two years wasted on a project picked in the first round and IF he has a good season in year 3 then you need to extend him based on ONE good season?

In the meantime Tua's still waiting for somebody to get open but by all means, lets keep drafting more corners.

Any word? Yes, “raw” and “not ready”. But let’s go ahead and trade X since we drafted this kid. At this stage of his career he’s less ready than Jamar Fletcher was. Oof.

This pick reminds me of when we drafted Carroo. Carroo was never going to get a chance to play because of the 3 guys that we already had at WR and yet we traded up for him. of course that was in the 3rd round so this was an even worse pick because it was in the first round. So many position they could have drafted there that we needed way more and they go with what we needed the least. He might turn out to be a solid player at some point but when, in year 3? If that's the case then it'd mean two years wasted on a project picked in the first round and IF he has a good season in year 3 then you need to extend him based on ONE good season?

In the meantime Tua's still waiting for somebody to get open but by all means, lets keep drafting more corners.

Lol...with X still on the unable to perform list and other questions about the secondary at that point in the offseason. I don't even get your point here? This was a position of need and they drafted who they thought was the best player at that position.

Last edited:
Lol...with X still on the unable to perform list and other questions about the secondary at that point in the offseason. I don't even get your point here? This was a position of need and they drafted what they thought was the best player at that position.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. You're in title to your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom