Any word on Igbinoghene?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on Igbinoghene??

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. You're in title to your opinion.

I am and it’s so easy to play the results. They also drafted the LT, RT, and guard positional players which we also criticized and questioned early on. But those players have since, for the most part, been met with praise.

I hope the front office continues to draft and bring in who they feel are the best players for their team and never listen to what fans thing.

Iggy I believe is still the youngest player in the NFL and I trust Boyer/Flores along with their resume to develop the kid. He’s the least of my worries.

Lol...with X still on the unable to perform list and other questions about the secondary at that point in the offseason. I don't even get your point here? This was a position of need and they drafted what they thought was the best player at that position.
That and we had Preston, Wilson, and Hurns at the time. Now we have Jakeem, Hollins, and Callaway...lol

X is obviously playing really well and appears to have recovered from his latest knee injury but if we go back to pre draft I think it’s fair to say their were concerns, also had the domestic incident. Howard are Jones get injured he is next man up I’m assuming

We also didn’t know about the 2 wr opt outs at the time and that Brieda and Howard would have given this team so little, so I can somewhat understand picking a CB (plus flo loves CB).

That said - it’s painfully obvious what this draft should be about- playmakers on offense.

I am and it’s so easy to play the results. They also drafted the LT, RT, and guard positional players which we also criticized and questioned early on. But those players have since, for the most part, been met with praise.

I hope the front office continues to draft and bring in who they feel are the best players for their team and never listen to what fans thing.

Iggy I believe is still the youngest player in the NFL and I trust Boyer/Flores along with their resume to develop the kid. He’s the least of my worries.
Overall I think Chris Grier knocked it out of the park this year (contingent on Tua's development).

I don't think most people realize how hard it is to be a successful GM in this league, or to even acquire one for that matter.

Case in point Howie Roseman: This guy was getting his a** kissed by 99% of NFL fans, media, you name it, they were kissing his a** when the Malcolm Butlerless Cheatriots and typically dogs*** NFC gift wrapped them a Lombardi.

I always knew Howie was a fraud, bean counter; and I've said so MANY times on this site even in the height of his power.

Now people are FINALLY coming around to the truth about Howie and how he's destroyed their roster so he's about to get canned, I can feel it.

This guy was at the "top" of his profession just a few years ago. Long story short, yea I'm good with Chris Grier and everything he does for our franchise as a whole.

Well, I believe I have a right to my opinion too but you don't seem to think so? I never liked the pick when it happen so I'm not putting the pick down after the fact.
As far as the FO, of course they will draft whoever THEY want. I've never expected them to ask any of us who to draft.
As for iggy, he's on our team and I'm rooting for him to be a great player for us. I'd rather be wrong if it's good for the team than to be right and see our team lose. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what you or me think cause they will do whatever they want to do.

1st rd pick barely plays and is a st player. He should be the main nickel corner. When he was in the defense was quite awful. Thanks for playing
Big picture my friend. He’s 20. If he can be really good in two years he’ll be 22. Then he can plug and play. If either X or BJ gets hurt you want someone that can step in and be competent. He has a chance to learn under two of the best.

Y'all are funny with this idea of bust. The kid is what, 20, and you think he'll get playing time over arguably two of the best DBs in the game? No, this kid is depth and development. The FO knows it takes time to develop DBs as well as that they don't plan on paying two top tier corners forever. By that time Noah will step up

It's a lot of prejudice. It's 'legal' to call NI a bust to too early to call TT a bust. STOP!!! I'm not even implying TT is a but or the talent level is equivalent. Only pointing out both have been in the NFL the same length. I agree, NI hasn't looked good. I agree, for a R1 guy, he's not getting enough snaps to warrant a R1 pick. But, as a couple have said, he's young and raw. I'll worry about 'bust at the end of year 2.

Howard was coming off knee surgery and half the board was convinced he was done and the other half was convinced that he would be traded...

Memories sure are short around here.

Given the above... of course they were looking for a new shutdown corner candidate.

HE'S 20! X was 23 his rookie year and took a year plus to develop.

In case you guys hadn't noticed, Flores is pretty good at developing talent and getting the most out of his players.

The same people who are hating on this pick are probably the same people who are hating on Tua.

You guys, we're a good team! Errybody chill and enjoy our trajectory towards the Super Bowl :)

Noah is a developing player for us. He’s done a good job with the reps he’s had so far. Right now, he’s more of a perimeter guy for us [behind] Byron and X in our defense. That can change throughout the season.”

Unless one of these guys get hurt he's just going to be a backup and special team player. They want him to focus and learn one position before putting more on his plate. Give him time to learn the defense and I think he will be a good player.

Back
Top Bottom