Any word on Igbinoghene?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on Igbinoghene??

1st rd pick barely plays and is a st player. He should be the main nickel corner. When he was in the defense was quite awful. Thanks for playing
How can you say this when your tagline is "The Tuavocado needs to ripen..." LOL

Noah is a developing player for us. He’s done a good job with the reps he’s had so far. Right now, he’s more of a perimeter guy for us [behind] Byron and X in our defense. That can change throughout the season.”

Unless one of these guys get hurt he's just going to be a backup and special team player. They want him to focus and learn one position before putting more on his plate. Give him time to learn the defense and I think he will be a good player.
You hit the nail on the head there... Let him learn the defense.

That was the problem when he was forced into action. He wasn't getting physically beat... he was covering the wrong players and not handing off or taking on responsibilities when they changed during a play.... because he was a FREAKING 20 year old rookie with no preseason.

Why are we having to explain this? Iggy was clueless about his responsibilities and was massively overwhelmed. This has NOTHING to do with his physical performance. Nothing.

Bust? Ouch! I just bought his jersey at a discount. Hopefully this kid pans out otherwise I bought the penny stock that goes nowhere but down although I feel that we already have him at the bottom.........

Howard was coming off knee surgery and half the board was convinced he was done and the other half was convinced that he would be traded...

Memories sure are short around here.

Given the above... of course they were looking for a new shutdown corner candidate.
Huh?

I remember everything I have ever been right about.

Bust. Miami got too cute. Should have taken a RB or WR here. A corner after signing Jones?

I don’t think Iggy can be labeled a bust. But I would have preferred CEH, Swift, Higgins, Shenault, Pittman or Claypool with that pick. It seemed like a luxury pick at the time and even more so now.

1st rd pick barely plays and is a st player. He should be the main nickel corner. When he was in the defense was quite awful. Thanks for playing
Thanks for playing? Lol

Also, who are you to say what he should be doing? I trust this coaching staff who seems to be pretty damn good at development of players. If they want him for long term boundary corner and not in the nickel then so be it.

He was playing way too much in the beginning of the year. He became a huge target and was hurting the team. That said, he’s gonna take time to develop and that’s all part of the plan bc he’s what, 20 years old? I’m still completely okay w/ the pick. I don’t see him as boundary but I’m sure the staff is attempting to develop some versatility in him. I think he’ll turn out to be just fine. He’s a pick you make bc you wanna beat teams like KC. I think a year or two from now well look back and think he wound up a good draft pick.

since week 4, he hasn’t played more than 18 snaps in a game. Which is the right call imo bc the kid just wasn’t ready.

1. CB is a position that takes time for guys to develop. It is extremely rare for a rookie to come in and play well right away, especially in a man heavy scheme like Miami/NE. Look at Okudah in a similar defense, getting roasted. This position takes time for guys to come into their own.

2. Our defense is extremely reliant on having good man to man CB play across the board. We saw what happened when Byron went out. If you don’t have sufficient CB play, we are in big trouble.

Noah wasn’t drafted to play this year. Noah was drafted as a high ceiling future replacement for Byron and/or X for next year and beyond. We all know about X’s knee issues. If something happens there next year, you all will be counting your blessings that Noah was drafted and we were able to give him a year to learn the league and get up to speed.

Have some faith in Flo & Boyer. If anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt on DB’s, it’s this staff

Back
Top Bottom