any word on Keller? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

any word on Keller?

I agree Clay should be #1 going into the season.

I share this sentiment. Clay was simply amazing this year. Some of his YAC came on pure toughness, just amazing plays by him. Aside from Tannehills progression I'm most excited to see Clay get even better.

I'm excited to see our offense in 2014. Lets just hope its not derailed by another terrible OLine group.

Gresham is a good player

Both are decent TE's, would either be an upgrade over Clay? I don't think so.

I'm sure they are asking for some coin too.

Then again, I feel most of the NFL is mezmorized with elite TE's and hope to find the next one. Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis basically destroyed what anyone thought a TE should be.

Both are decent TE's, would either be an upgrade over Clay? I don't think so.

I'm sure they are asking for some coin too.

Then again, I feel most of the NFL is mezmorized with elite TE's and hope to find the next one. Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis basically destroyed what anyone thought a TE should be.

I dont want to sign him im just saying he certainly isnt a bust

I'm tired of the one year stop gap.....I'd like to draft a TE that can actually work the seam to go along with Clay.

Ozzy rules!!

If Keller comes back it will be a bonus. Its Gibson's return that is crucial.

As for drafting a TE, I like Gilmore from Colorado St.

I dont want to sign him im just saying he certainly isnt a bust

I would expect more than averaging 56 Catches / 565 Yards / 3 TD's per season from my first round TE.

Pettigrew had good years in 2010 and 2011 but hasnt done much since. Only 64 targets in 2013 down from 126 in 2011.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/04/report-texans-working-to-re-sign-garrett-graham/

The free agent market at tight end took a hit when Dennis Pitta re-signed with Baltimore and the Saints franchised Jimmy Graham, which pushes Texans tight end Garrett Graham closer to the top of the list.

Assuming, of course, that Houston doesn’t get him to agree to a deal that keeps him from talking to any other teams. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that the Texans are working to re-sign Graham before free agency opens next week.

The Packers might be interested in finding that out for themselves. According to Rapoport, they’ve liked Graham since he came out of college and the possible departure of Jermichael Finley would leave them with an opening at tight end that Graham could fill.

Given the questions about the health of Finley and Dustin Keller along with those players who won’t be hitting the market, Green Bay could have company should Graham become a free agent.

There are very few good TEs on the FA block this year and - if you ask me- the draft is pretty shallow on TEs outside of the first/top of second round.

It's not a good year to try to fix your TE holes and we have a guy who would be a #1 for a lot of NFL teams in Clay. I would probably stick with what we have (even if the Sims pick makes me retch still) and re-evaluate next offseason.

What I would do is find a big possession/redzone receiver to round out our roster - which would take some of the pressure off Clay. Martavis Bryant would be top of my list, but by no means the only guy. I say that even if we do work something out with Binns.

Leave the TE position alone this offseason. We have Clay who produced last year. Sims gave us a bit in his rookie year, let's see his progression. Kellar will also be back and hopefully he can give us something. If he can, our TEs are set.....and for awhile. We have too many other holes to fill to focus on a position we have a starter giving us major, good minutes and we have a youngin that may well turn into a very good TE.

Leave the TE position alone this offseason. We have Clay who produced last year. Sims gave us a bit in his rookie year, let's see his progression. Kellar will also be back and hopefully he can give us something. If he can, our TEs are set.....and for awhile. We have too many other holes to fill to focus on a position we have a starter giving us major, good minutes and we have a youngin that may well turn into a very good TE.

Keller signed a one year prove it deal and got his knee destroyed. Highly doubt he is back next year.

Keller signed a one year prove it deal and got his knee destroyed. Highly doubt he is back next year.

He did sign a one year deal huh? if he's healthy, sign him. If not, we need a veteran TE. Clay, Egnew and Sims won't cut it again. Unless Sims takes that proverbial step.

I agree Clay should be #1 going into the season.

Yes. He had to have been a Top-15 tight end in the NFL last year. Obviously it would be great if Keller could come back as our #1, but Clay has shown enough to ensure that TE is not a weakness of ours any longer.

Back
Top Bottom