any word on Keller? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

any word on Keller?

USA Today's Tom Pelissero has heard free agent TE Dustin Keller (knee) is "on track to return."
Keller was having a huge camp in 2013 with the Dolphins before tearing his ACL, MCL, and PCL, dislocating his right knee in Miami's third preseason game. There's no telling what Keller has left -- the injury was gruesome and he's entering his age-30 season -- but it's good news for him. NFL teams would probably want to see Keller work out before entertaining signing him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/mia/miami-dolphins

It's an easy decision for fans to look at the circumstances and decide to hang them up. But these guys have lives and their future to think about. Sure, they can't live and play forever. But "one more contract" or "one more year" may be the only most of these guys can sustain a living for the next decade of their adjusted lives until they find the next landing spot.

If someone walked up to you and told you have to surrender 75 - 90% of your salary and begin living on it from this day forward, wouldn't you fight it.

These guys have burdened hopes and dreams of everyone around them their entire lives. Of course common sense says "walking" or "thinking" or "living" is much more important than playing a game. But when your role in life is to provide for many people and you're suddenly told you can't do it anymore and must "fail" at what you've always done.... that's not an easy decision.

For some, it's all they have... it's all they know. Working bums like most of us look forward to retirement. These guys live on completely different career paths. From being the angel to hoping to find their own.

I empathize with their decisions and struggles. There is no easy choice for these guys.

This is the first good news that I have heard. Albeit coming from his Agent.
I expect that the Dolphins want to see the recovery for themselves, before committing big $. However, it is very encouraging to hear the optimism.

It still disgusts me the league would prefer to enact rules that will result in more season/career ending injuries like this. For what- the possibility of lawsuits over possible correlations due to concussions? Ridiculous.

Ridiculous? Would you rather have knee damage for brain damage?

Back
Top Bottom