Anybody else a still a little concerned with the right side of the OL? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody else a still a little concerned with the right side of the OL?

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
I know a lot can happen from now and the start of the season (sign jake scott, martin gets stronger and develops fast) but as of right now I have some concerns with the right side of our offensive line. Jerry is overweight and has not looked good at all in OTA's. Jonathan Martin has been getting smoked by Wake and Vernnon and I've read some reports he looks week, but it will take time for him to get used to the right side and gain strength but I'm not so sure he starts right away. So that leaves us with Artis Hicks playing RG and Murtha playing RT. Unless something changes and Jerry starts to step up, Martin develops, or we sign Jake Scott, this is most likely what your offensive line is gonna look like:

LT-Long, LG-Icognito, C-Pouncy, RG-Hicks, RT-Murtha. So how do you guys feel about this?

I am actually looking forward to seeing how this new group performs. I so excited not have Columbo around. It cannot get worse than garbage we saw last year.

Columbo really was the problem. I cannot believe we will not be better from the off, with significant improvement when Martin gets physically and position-wise up to speed.

LT-Long, LG-Icognito, C-Pouncy, RG-Hicks, RT-Murtha. So how do you guys feel about this?

This is how I see it playing out, and yes, I am worried about the right side. Hicks seems solid but we honestly dont know much about Murtha or Martin. They could step up in TC but it sounds like nithere have wowed anyone, and I have never been impressed with Jerry.

once the season starts and neither jerry or martin have won the battle i will be ****ing bricks.

Last edited by a moderator:
nce the season starts and neither jerry or martin have won the battle i will be ****ing bricks.

Ireland already said he is going to see how martin and jerry perform in training camp and if things dont look good look for us to sign jake scott. In a perfect world John Jerry would finally get in shape and show he was worth the 3rd round pick and take over RG, and Martin develops fast enough and takes over RT, but I dont see that happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel a lot better about it this year than I did last year.

I don't see Murtha starting for too long (if he does at all). He's made of glass

I would feel a lot more comfortable if we sign Jake Scott. Been hoping for that for a while now, but I think we are in better shape than last year. I have a lot of confidence in Martin. Guy was a beast on the left side in college. I think he will just have to work hard during camp to make the transition, but I think he will be ready. I like Hicks but I would rather have him for depth.

So you have a rookie vs Wake way before the season even starts and you are calling out the sky is falling like chicken little? "Jonathan Martin has been getting smoked by Wake and Vernnon and I've read some reports he looks week" by the way its weak and not week. Is this your 1st year watching football? Give the kid a chance. It's like the other post I read hear about Philbin getting canned and he hasn't even made a call as a head coach in an offical game. Nonsense.

if martins manning the starting right tackle position come week 1 yeah buddy i'm worried...

No matter who starts at RT, it can't be worse than Columbo and Carey was out of position at RG.

There is no way the right side can be worse than last season. Anything at this point is an improvement, it be nice to find a long term solution to RT in Martin. I'd love to see Long/Martin Pro Bowl over and over again but even if that doesn't transpire the right side should be in better shape than it was last season.

if martins starting week 1 i hope they give him a lot of help by keeping in fasano whenever possible...i wouldn't be leaving him on no island

Back
Top Bottom