Anybody else concerned about our OC? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody else concerned about our OC?

I thought when i read the thread u meant our Offensive Co-Ordinator!. Glad u meant our woeful Centre. I wud have thought we have sorted it out by now. Hadnot gets my vote.

Waterboy said:
What's the reason? No depth at that position? Center is hard to play but you can always get help, be it from the guard or a back in a double team...

I dont know what the reason is, but if McKinney is as bad as reports suggest why havent the coaches at least tried him there. We would still have a swing T in Dmac.

Thebignate5 said:
is it just me, or last year wasn't mckinney our best oline guy?

It might have been more like, "least worst lineman".... But I still don't think that he should have earned that honor either.

As posted elsewhere, there is a one word answer...Hadnot. Then perhaps we can put "athletic " St Clair at guard??? and don't forget center is the one making the line calls...not that Mckinney is Tim Ruddy's brain in Dwight Stevenson's body........

I must say I didn't know how bad Seth was playing until they broke it down on NFL total access, they were going over our OL from last year, showing the pressure AJ was under and why he may not have trusted his OL..and they showed several plays where Seth either missed his man, or got pushed right back into AJ..I was amazed at the terrible Line play..I knew it was bad, but when you see it in slow motion, point by point, I don't know how AJ or Jay even got off passes. Seth was bad, and I was hoping it was a technique thing...but a different OL coach, more zone blocking and still the same results..I think Seth might really work himself out of a starting role, but it's the first week, we have 5 PS games, by the 3rd game, if he hasn't gotten better I think there might be a change.

JAGFISH said:
I asked Jason Cole about this on his Q&A Forum. He stated he's too athletic to waste at Center. Still if he's not starting at tackle I'd give him a shot at center.
That was Cole's lame azz excuse for why nobody has been using St.Clair at center since he entered the league? He is too athletic? What is wrong with having an athletic center, especially when he also has good size and power like John does? I used to think of Dwight Stephenson as a very athletic center and he was the best center ever to snap a football. Dermontti Dawson was pretty athletic as a center too, the former Steelers center.

John St.Clair was a 1st team All American as a senior at center and to think that since he has been in the league, has never started a regular season game there. I can't help but think we'd be better off to move John or Rex to center, with Rex either remaining at RG or plugging John in there if Rex is moved over. Seth is the weak link among the starting 22 IMO.

there is no way mckinney remains the starter. if houck is this o line guru like everyone says he is, there is no way he won't make a move. and you can't say we don't have anything better because mckinney is the absolute worst. ok, so if whitley moved to center that might be worse, but that's about it.

MrClean said:
That was Cole's lame azz excuse for why nobody has been using St.Clair at center since he entered the league? He is too athletic? What is wrong with having an athletic center, especially when he also has good size and power like John does? I used to think of Dwight Stephenson as a very athletic center and he was the best center ever to snap a football. Dermontti Dawson was pretty athletic as a center too, the former Steelers center.

John St.Clair was a 1st team All American as a senior at center and to think that since he has been in the league, has never started a regular season game there. I can't help but think we'd be better off to move John or Rex to center, with Rex either remaining at RG or plugging John in there if Rex is moved over. Seth is the weak link among the starting 22 IMO.

I think Cole's answer was more that he could be better used elsewhere. But at this point in our season, with Carey and McDougal playing well, James and Hadnot probably close to a lock for the G's, Houck who is one of the best has moved Smith inside rather than St. Clair. That tells me something is up.

yankeehillbilly said:
I think last year St Clair was our best lineman.

Even if McKinney was the best guy last year.....thats like calling someone the "most honest politician in room".

Or being the tallest midget...

McKinney is a walking and squating turnstile except he controls nothing. The center position is very important because he is at the point of attack and if your point man is getting his butt handed to him then the whole show is in trouble. I can understand not getting much movement on Traylor but letting Wright and Vickerson abuse you is pathetic.
We need a New Center.

Back
Top Bottom