Anybody Else Have This Change of Heart? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody Else Have This Change of Heart?

Dolfan1000

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
When we first drafted Henne, I was skeptical. Wasnt sure I wanted to spend another high pick on a QB. I tried to convince myself we had our guy in Beck, he just wasnt surrounded with enough last year for a fair assessment. We made the pick, I was OK with it, but not thrilled. I felt we could address other positions and give John an environment to succeed.

But, I have to say, it has grown on me A LOT and it is quickly becoming my favorite pick of our draft. And I'll tell you why. First, it seems to be getting rave reviews around the league from some pretty respected people; Charlie Casserly, Lombardi and Jaworski to name a few. Second, I started to look at some pre-draft mocks, and realized just how good the value was in Henne. MANY had him as a first round pick, and at the latest, a high second, to either us (ironically) or Baltimore.

Finally, I dont know what it is, but I have lived and died with this team for so long, it just feels GOOD to know we have options, as far as a young franchise quarterback. Whether Beck is that guy, we'll see. Same goes for Henne. But it just feels nice to know that we have our young gun(s), and there is a better chance today than there was on Friday that we have solved the position that has plagued us for what seems like an eternity.

THANK YOU BILL PARCELLS!

Anybody else go through this same emotional roller coaster with me? ;)

I kind of did . . . I didn't want Henne at 32 . . . not with Merling and Thomas still on board . . . but at 57 . . . what a value . . . I mean . . . I have not felt THIS good about our QB situation since Marino left . . . . and even tho we are basically talking about 2 rookies in Henne and Beck . . . I am comfortable with the talent and work ethic of both guys . . . that one of them . . . will be our starting QB for the next 10+ years

Oh, dont get me wrong, there is STILL a big fat question mark at the position, I just mean I feel BETTER about it today than I did on Friday, and I feel more comfortable about it than I have in years, since Danny. Nice feeling.

i live and die by the fins.. i love what is going on in this offseason

Yep! I feel the same way. Parcells is finally going to solve this QB problem one way or another. At least if Beck isn't the answer, all my hope won't be crushed.

I was excited until the guy seemed like he had just died when told he was drafted by the fins!

I didnt want Henne at all period. I extremely happy we didnt reach and take him at #32 at least though. I would have much rather taken a guy that is going to start from day 1 at #57 (like a corner) and taken Booty in the 5th. But even though i'm not a big fan of Henne i do like having some young promising QB's on the roster who can develop into solid NFL players.

Beck is still our guy. He's still deserves a shot with playmakers around him which he absolutely didnt have last season.

I was pretty excited about Beck - other than his age- after last years draft. And he was pretty awful (on an one of the worst teams ever). It is going to take at least thru pre-season to see who starts, inc McCown.

Booty IMO would have been worse. Not starters material. I would have hated that pick. You dont draft a backup until you have a starter.

I was shocked. I was mad. I got a call from a bud right then going.."Dude.....You guys STOLE Henne".. This guy has correctly projected most good talent at RB and, QB since I've known him, so, I felt better about it then. Hey, we could be Green Bay....:)

I'll admit it, I was mad when the Dolphins first took Henne. After I slept on it for a night, the next day I had a change of heart. A competition between Henne and Beck will be great and a fierce competition at quarterback is what this team needs.

When we first drafted Henne, I was skeptical. Wasnt sure I wanted to spend another high pick on a QB. I tried to convince myself we had our guy in Beck, he just wasnt surrounded with enough last year for a fair assessment. We made the pick, I was OK with it, but not thrilled. I felt we could address other positions and give John an environment to succeed.

But, I have to say, it has grown on me A LOT and it is quickly becoming my favorite pick of our draft. And I'll tell you why. First, it seems to be getting rave reviews around the league from some pretty respected people; Charlie Casserly, Lombardi and Jaworski to name a few. Second, I started to look at some pre-draft mocks, and realized just how good the value was in Henne. MANY had him as a first round pick, and at the latest, a high second, to either us (ironically) or Baltimore.

Finally, I dont know what it is, but I have lived and died with this team for so long, it just feels GOOD to know we have options, as far as a young franchise quarterback. Whether Beck is that guy, we'll see. Same goes for Henne. But it just feels nice to know that we have our young gun(s), and there is a better chance today than there was on Friday that we have solved the position that has plagued us for what seems like an eternity.

THANK YOU BILL PARCELLS!

Anybody else go through this same emotional roller coaster with me? ;)
I felt exactly like you my fellow dolphin brother.

It does kind of feel good to know that we have a tough, talented, experienced youngster as a backup plan in case beck can't cut it.

my prediction is one day we will get that draft pick back one day cause jhonny will win that job

Back
Top Bottom