Anybody Else Have This Change of Heart? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody Else Have This Change of Heart?

I have been looking for something to bring me around on Chad Henne, and I finally found it:

He bears a striking resemblance to Ivan Drago. Not so much in terms of facial features, but more in terms of that blank, sociopathic stare. It means that if he turns successful, I get to see him walk out to the huddle in the Meadowlands and mutter to myself, "I must break you," in a Russian/Swedish accent. Any time an injury happens on the field, camera cuts to Chad Henne: "If he dies, he dies."

And yes, I am serious about this. Really. We must take our small pleasures where we find them.

To reiterate:

breakyou2mc3-1.jpg

Supposed to be my signature, but something's working funny.

Henne is tough. He takes stuff personally. You can tell. Just look at the look on his face yesterday after watching Mr. Delaware go in the first round and then think about who Michigan plays week in and week out and this guy gets a better grade. Trust me, we did good getting Henne. My buddy doesnt like Henne either, but he will come around.

Henne is a perfect parcells type. Think Phil Simms. Beck will have to swallow being yanked from time to time though, which BP has a knack to do. Just to say, "I have a gut feeling and I want to go with this guy this week."

I'm glad Henne's a Dolphin and I'm rooting for whoever performs better BUT.. I kind of hope that's Beck. We have a weird dynamic with our QBs now. Beck is the most likable guy on the planet and Henne is well... not.

Uhhuh...and you talked to BP/JI to found out their intentions of their alleged attempt to move up? This is weak and desperate WV.

And yes, they can take Henne for a reason other than as the chosen QB of the future. Even with all of our holes, BP and JI MUST, THEY MUST get this QB position right. IMO, even if they felt good about Beck, it would be based on nothing besides his college accomplishments, as he has little to no track record to speak of in the NFL. They would have been extremely irresponsible to let their bet ride on Beck witout a really solid insurance policy. It's just too risky, no matter what they think of Beck. And it would stand to reason, or at least for reasonable people, that if they were turned off by Beck, they would have gone for Ryan, even if he was a reach at No. 1. Why? Because they HAVE TO GET THE QB POSITION FIXED. They can't afford to not take a QB in this draft. Sure they could have waited for a later round, which I thought they would, but it is certainly within the realm of possibility that BP/JI had Henne rated high enough such that he represented more value to the team, if for no other reason than a damn good insurance policy, than did any other position player available to them at No. 57.

The best man will win, and we'll get our QB of the future. If you can't accept that it could be Beck, maybe you should consider another team to root for. If all you want is to see the Phins succeed, you'll be able to accept such a scenario. Otherwise, you're just consumed with wanting to be right when you were wrong.

It was almost impossible NOT to take Henne at 57 since he represented tremendous value and one way or another we needed a 3rd QB. I'm bullish on Beck's skills and potential too but if Henne turns out to be the guy, I'm fine with it so long as he earns it. Best case scenario: one will be our long-standing starter and the other a Matt Schaub type backup or 1st round trade bait. I really think that BP had no choice but to take Henne when he fell that low or else have his legacy forever be tarnished by blowing the big one after it fell into his lap, should Chad turn into something special for another team. Sort of like the Jets passing on Marino.

As far as trading up to get Flacco, it's purely as much conjecture as my own feelings that the FO was more than comfortable enough with Beck to wait til the 4th or 5th round to grab Ainge or Booty which I do think is a more likely scenario. It's only when they got close to the 57th did they start to hope Henne was still there much to their surprise, hence the cheering. I like the Henne pick as being in the best interest of the franchise and would be delighted if he turns into a Brady instead of a Henson - but who really knows. Rest assured that either way, so long as both QBs are wearing Fins jerseys and trying their hardest, I will support and give both of them the benefit of the doubt instead of hurling irrational juvenile epithets at either!

clear.gif

while im still on the fence about henne and beck hasn't grabbed the starting job atleast we can say that if either fail it won't be because noone is around them. our line should give both enough time to be evaluated properly and if beck loses the starting job it will be on the qb and not the line.

I have been looking for something to bring me around on Chad Henne, and I finally found it:

He bears a striking resemblance to Ivan Drago. Not so much in terms of facial features, but more in terms of that blank, sociopathic stare. It means that if he turns successful, I get to see him walk out to the huddle in the Meadowlands and mutter to myself, "I must break you," in a Russian/Swedish accent. Any time an injury happens on the field, camera cuts to Chad Henne: "If he dies, he dies."

And yes, I am serious about this. Really. We must take our small pleasures where we find them.

Can I ask, where did you find that description? It's awesome

When we first drafted Henne, I was skeptical. Wasnt sure I wanted to spend another high pick on a QB. I tried to convince myself we had our guy in Beck, he just wasnt surrounded with enough last year for a fair assessment. We made the pick, I was OK with it, but not thrilled. I felt we could address other positions and give John an environment to succeed.

But, I have to say, it has grown on me A LOT and it is quickly becoming my favorite pick of our draft. And I'll tell you why. First, it seems to be getting rave reviews around the league from some pretty respected people; Charlie Casserly, Lombardi and Jaworski to name a few. Second, I started to look at some pre-draft mocks, and realized just how good the value was in Henne. MANY had him as a first round pick, and at the latest, a high second, to either us (ironically) or Baltimore.

Finally, I dont know what it is, but I have lived and died with this team for so long, it just feels GOOD to know we have options, as far as a young franchise quarterback. Whether Beck is that guy, we'll see. Same goes for Henne. But it just feels nice to know that we have our young gun(s), and there is a better chance today than there was on Friday that we have solved the position that has plagued us for what seems like an eternity.

THANK YOU BILL PARCELLS!

Anybody else go through this same emotional roller coaster with me? ;)

I dont care who starts between Beck or Henne, whoever is better tna gets us wins is the guy I want.. Although I am a Beck supporter, I will support whoever can come in and win.

Can I ask, where did you find that description? It's awesome

All home grown. 100% daninoz. When I say I went looking for something, it's more of a personal journey kinda thing.

Chad Henne is the man he even has a cool tatoo on the backside of his non throwing arm.

Have you seen our other QB yet? Josh McCown looks more like Ivan Drago than Henne. Maybe it's a trait Parcells looks for in QB's... Ivan Drago resemblance.

clear.gif

That is what this team needs a sociopath running the huddle.

I think an old saying fits this pic perfectly. "dont put all your eggs in one basket". While I think beck may be a quality nfl quarterback what if he isnt.

I kind of just sat there like "..."

I still don't know about it. If this is really the guy that they wanted, why would they trust to wait at 57 for him?

It just seems like they got a QB to get a QB. Hopefully it works out...

Back
Top Bottom