Anybody Else Have This Change of Heart? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody Else Have This Change of Heart?

The Pro Peckers and the Pro Heiney's need to settle down. There is no need for a fan war here.

I remember ALOT of posters here were clamoring for us to start drafting QB's. I remember this from the end of Fiedler to the Culpepper years.. MOST of you guys were saying we need to draft a QB almost every year because we haven't drafted many high for such a long time before Beck. And that it was coming back to bite us.

Fast forward a little over a year later. And we drafted two QB's in the 2nd round in back to back years.. So now you guys have the audacity to complain about drafting a QB in the 2nd round this year? Oh goodness.

You know guys, you can't have it both ways. Just be happy we are drafting QB's and not going the route of giving up 2nd's for Feeley's and has-beens like Culpepper.

Have you seen our other QB yet? Josh McCown looks more like Ivan Drago than Henne. Maybe it's a trait Parcells looks for in QB's... Ivan Drago resemblance.

clear.gif

Yeah, but McCown has expressions. He smiles, he grimaces. He feels love, anger. Henne is an unfeeling terror cyborg. And that's the kind of thing I can get behind.

They did go after Flacco. They were trying to get up in the first round by trading JT but no one went for it. Thats why Baltimore made the move because they knew we were trying to do it.

A team with so many needs sitting at pick #57 where there is TONS of talent at positions where they DESPERATELY need talent and they choose a QB, who all reports say they WANTED all along and somehow you take it as its just for competition and Beck isnt necessarily out of the mix. GET REAL.

If the FO and coaching staff truly felt they had a good fairly young QB on the roster they wouldnt bother even taking a QB at pick 57 when there is tons of talent available and the team lacks talent at all positions. Why can people not understand that? They picked Henne because he is the guy they WANT to be the QB of the future. NOT BECK. Think for one second.

You act like this team can just make luxury picks in round 2 of a draft stocked full of talent at positions where we desperately need talent. If we had waited till round 4 or beyond I might think it would be for competition. Henne is there to be made the eventual long term starter for this team.

This isnt difficult to see and I dont know why everyone cant figure this out. Anyways I do think its a valid point that SHOULD Beck improve we can get some value out of him. QBs who are seen as potential good have tremendous market value. So Im sure the FO is hoping the same thing.

Also it of course isnt entirely impossible that Beck turns out to be good and Henne just isnt what the FO was hoping for. In that case its intirely possible that Beck turns out to be the guy. Its just not very likely.

Barring a career threating injury to Henne AND Beck knocks everyones socks off in camp and preseason and follows that up with an impressive showing in real games should McCown get injured and he gets a shot or the FO decides to give him a shot due to being really impressive in camp, Beck is not going to be our guy of the future.

:lol::lol::lol:

I knew Miami would draft another QB. We have a good GM. Any good GM will keep drafting QBs until he knows he hads one. The QB position is the single most important position on the field. People seem to have forgotten that. I like Beck and Henne. It will be fun to watch them fight for #1.

I dont have any problem with us taking a Qb... I scratch my head when so many people say Henne was INCREDIBLE value or a steal... Almost every mock I saw had him going in the 2nd, sure he fell half a round and that represents value. But a STEAL? I have said it before, I thought that Woodson in the 6th or shake yer Booty in the 5th were steals...

You can never have enough quality QBs on your team...Look at it this way one of these guys wont stink it up.....Hopefully

I like the pick. Henne has a lot of big game leadership experience. If anything, competition between 3 is better than 2. One of these guys will start...

Back
Top Bottom