Anybody have a link to the press conference that is supposed to be at 4Pm today | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody have a link to the press conference that is supposed to be at 4Pm today

Maybe. It's just that all along we heard how the main factor is how the GM will work with Philbin. Ross even said they'll be "joined at the hip" (something like that) I just figured they'd talk about each other, why this is the best fit, each giving reasons. I don't mind that he didn't talk, I would have liked him too though.

Idk if I'm just talking myself into liking the hire or am actually ok with it, but I think for what the scenario was, it was the best hire. Esp. since he got a 2 yr deal to be tied to Philbin. I like that.

I don't think you are talking yourself into anything. It was very frustrating for all of us the wait to find out who our GM was. I think most ppl were simply upset with the length and how it was viewed by the media at large.

The FACT is everyone of the candidate for GM were all RISKY.

Let's welcome our new GM! Sorry I had to.....
6ype2a4a-1.jpg

A strong public speaker isn't always successful in a leadership role (see: Obama), but a bad public speaker more times than not fails in an executive role. (See: GW Bush)

If your gonna use Obama as an example, shouldn't it be, "A strong public READER isn't always successful in a leadership role."?

Bwaaaaaaaaa... J/K ...Sorry dude, I couldn't resist.. :-)

It isn't Philbin's place to speak on this occasion. You don't allow people within an organization to speak publicly about events that occur with regard to other personnel at their same level.

You wouldn't expect Ryan Tannehill, for example, to speak publicly at Mike Wallace's press conference.

One that is an awful analogy with Tannehill and Wallace. Two, if Ross is selling the idea that Philbin and Hickey have chemistry, don't wisk Philbin away out the side door with Aponte. It makes no sense.

It is bull that Joe did not take questions. Hickey and Joe should have been arm and arm all day. They are so stupid.

IMO Philbin didn't stick around because they all anticipated questions from the media that would not be flattering towards Philbin and he probably didn't want to stick around and hear those questions while possibly also adding pressure to whomever (Hickey or Ross) would be answering those questions.

He seemed happy to have a job. Kept saying "we" as in Tampa bay. "We noticed how pumped up ur fans were when we played you guys". Womp

Well he was with the team for 18 years. I'm sure that's a tough habit to break.

Anyway, while I'm not happy with the hiring process, I sincerely hope that Dennis Hickey does a great job and we stumbled into a good hire.

Are people still effing concerned with front office chemistry/structure/etc? I can't even wrap my head around how hard you people fell for the media narrative surrounding the team. Good god...

Back
Top Bottom